• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

B.P. Cat League

Are we not Catmen? We are Devo.

...and I was sooo pumped at the idea of dodging trees in 40' of fast moving sludge! (Good Call Brian)

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

You bunch of wimps!!!

Just kidding. smile.gif

I rescheduled a guide trip also.
Why bother with that mess!

Hey,

Anyone got a helicopter to drop the ol' Jon boat in for me?? Are we going to need to rent one for friday night??

I was wondering what the date is for the bp cat tournament in august?? The woman is trying to make me go camping but I can't miss any fishing to do it.

Lookin forward to try floating the boat friday night, hope there's a good place to dump in off the shoulder somewhere....=-)

Rat

Make-up for 6/11 is 6/18!! Put in at Jordan Sunday and had no problem. Sand Creek is looking nice 20 ft through out the whole thing. no fish though

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

The gates at Chaska are not closed...yet.
Some water in the parking lot but there is about 6" of paved ramp left.Still good for launching.

Results for 6/18
Flatheads
Hoops-31"
Channels
Farmer D-28"
That's all I hear of being caught besides Dan's nice Walter. Farmer's was caught at around 11:30 , went 10# to boot. Really nice fish! No other action. We were going to launch out of Henderson , but the landing is junk ended up going back to B.P. only to find that the battery took a dump so we didn't get on till 8:30.
Brian

All that cat talent and only two cats. smile.gif
You know the fishin is not so good when that happens.
Wish I was fishing with all of you.
Next year I am in for sure!Only one event so far and I feel I have missed out even if the fish were not biting!

Nothin here, Andy Wolframand I got skunked, only had one run on a live sucker minnow... Pretty slow night.

River Rat

------------------
"The Boat"
16' monarch flat jon 40hrs johnson

Fishball's comes through in the clutch, and Farmer is off to his winning ways again. Good job guy's, should be a differnt story come Fri., water level should be down 2-4 ft. Papa~ good pre-scouting-hehe

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

Sounds like last night went alot better for the league. Hoops brought in a 34" Flat and a 24" channel, Farmer had a few channels biggest around 22" and with the comments that they had action all night. Myself and Dan only managed 1 channel and a few missed opportunities.As soon as River Rat and Dark check in, I will update the standings.

Standings so far through 2 nights :
Flats Channels
Hoops 65" Farmer D 50"
Hoops 24.5"
Papa Grump 23"
Everyone else has the monkey clinging to their back and it won't let go. With the river down to a manageble level,the action should pick up. Congrats to Hoops with the clean sweep last week!

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting to hear from River Rat and Hoops on how they did. I guess Dark and Justan had the monkey beating on them all night.
Brian

Hoops does a clean sweep again!!!
Flats
Hoops 88"
Channels
Hoops 48.5"
Farmer D 47"
Papa Grump 23"
Everyone else has bid bad Gorilla hanging on them.
We will be looking for someone to fish for Dan next Friday due to he will be in Europe gettin hitched.
Brian

That's almost tempting, the ride along thing!! Fishballs must be a really talented Catman, since he can only catch fish on Friday nights. I thought you guys partnered up, were are the numbers from Fishball's partners. Someone needs to spank the monkey!!

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

Amazing thing ain't it. I was with Fishballs and Fireman for the first 3 hours and he lands a little dink channel right next to my line. Fireman did have a good one on later that night but let it run into the snags. Myself and Fishballs did go out the last 2 nights down around the St. Peter area and proceeded to get skunked( I missed 2 hits) so I really don't know what his gig is. Hell I was even using his stuff!

Fireman and I were out last night (saturday) Finally had a lot of action, lost a few but managed to get 2 flats in the boat (Myself not Fireman). Hey I actually can catch fish yet! Now we'll see how friday goes, or maybe I should just boycott and fish saturday since the fish don't seem to be hungry friday nights... LOL

Gotta see the big log jam by carver, wow... might as well forget about fishing upstream from that for the rest of the year... That sucks cauz thems some darn fine cattin waters.

Rat

------------------
"The Boat"

No more monkey on my back.....

1 flatty 33.5", 18.6 # I'm going to try to get the pictures developed today.

Justin...
2 big sheaphead 5.6#, 7.9# on a live creek chub and a live bullhead.... Maybe he needs a new nickname

------------------
"The Boat"

No monkey in this boat either. Smokey nailed a 26" Channel and missed a few, not bad for his first time out.Little 23" dink channel for myself. Just waiting for Dark and Fishballs to report in. Did go back out last night and nothing happening,maybe a little Swiss Miss is in order?!

Got the monkey off my back too but not enough with a 28" Flat. Farmer nothing.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Standings as of today
Flats
Hoops-88"
River Rat 33.5"
Dark 30 28"
Channels
Hoops 48.5"
Farmer D 47
Papa Grump 46
Fireman 28
Smokey 26
Congrats to Fireman and RiverRat for winning the 4th week.
Brian

Friendly reminder that our last 2 nights will be August 20th and 21st. The 21st will be the all nighter event.
Brian

Hey all,

I'm going to have to do some fast thinking to get my boat back into commision for the last two nights. Fireman borrowed it and wrecked my lower unit, bad... bad.... fireman. I'm ordering a jet lower unit but I have to wait 5 weeks for it to arrive. I'll try to find something else to put on it till then.

Rat

OUCH! Well maybe you could talk to Ozzy and get the barge from him. I am picking up my River Pro on Monday and will no longer be using the barge, if it had survived the weekend!
Brian

• 2 weeks later...

What's the final night like? season? party when?

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

Got a 34" flatty 15#, lost a nice... real nice one, had it on for over 5 minutes and then it surfaced and the hook came out, was well over 20 lbs., probably in the 30's somewhere. I even have Brian to back me on it. Brian and I had quite a few runs but couldn't manage to hook up on anything other than those two.

Rat

Winners on Friday night were Hoops with a 30" flat and River Rat with a 31" Channel
Saturday night was River Rat with a 34" Flat and Dark 30 with a 31" Channel. Final standings are Flats: Hoops 111", River Rat 67.5" , Dark 30 31"
Channels are Hoops 95.5", Farmer D 47", Papa Grump 46", Dark30 31", River Rat 31", Fireman 28", Justan 27" and Smokey with 26".

The Party is on September 18th commencing at 7:00 , sight to be determined. Hoops and Papa G will supply the eats, BYOB. All past ,current and possible future members of the league are invited.

OH YEAH!! When you figure out where you going to have 'er, Now that's something I need to know about!!

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

• 3 weeks later...