• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Disillushinment/Anger...

It is really too bad that a few of us are choosing to believe that one of our own (an FM'er) would go to the trouble of fabricating a story for the sole purpose of generating a topic of discussion. Isn't it possible that "Things ussually are what they appear to be" when a group of people are breaking the law while fishing.

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE

Just DROP the current idea this thread is discussing. It is very annoying to read now.

I think some may be taking this the wrong way. If people are doing this then You or we need to see to it that law enforcement does there job-give them a plate number or description or something to go on-if they have something to go on they can act. If they are not responding to your info then contact a supervisor or something-do not accept "No one called me back"

Call your local newspaper or TV channel and have them investigate it. Explain that the police and the DNR have been informed numerous times, yet nothing is being done. Have the reporter ask the chief of police why there was nothing done on repeated reports to the same location. Sometimes it takes a little push to get things moving, and the one thing public agencies don’t like is bad PR

Gentleman, I wish I were spinning a fish tale. All the events that has been shared are true. I have done my civic duty and reported to the proper autherities on several occassions the transgraeesion of others. This matter is out of my hands and I will do nothing further on the matter. I guess we all make the false assumtions that in America there is always "someone" there to protect us and that justice if fair for everyone. This simply is not the case. At a global level the government can not protect the country from terrorism as demonstrated by 911 and local law enforment can not protect us from the wrong doing of others. As young man out of college I was set to attend Law school. My dream was to protect the innocent, fight for the poor and the dis-inchanted, and make a difference in this world. Life happened and I took a different path. I guess the moral of this story is that the world is an imperfect place and one little man can not change the world. However I still believe that we all have to act with integrity, do the right things for the right reasons, be respectfull of others, and help a fellow human in need. If we do these things we will make a difference and our time on Earth will leave a positive mark. I am closing the chapter on this book and will go back to fishing as much as I can, raising my daughter, loving my life with my beautiful wife, enjoying my time with family and friends, and sharing my knowledge of the sport with any and all who care to listen.

Job well done Mr. Pike1. Thanks for your efforts. Hope to see you on the Big V this season.

The problem here is a matter of funding. Out DNR and CO's are severly underfunded and lack the resources they need to do their job.

It amazes me that we as sportsmen contribute 1 billion dollars of revenue from licenses, fees, and extra taxes on our equipment. This 1 bilion is then lumped into the general fund, where we only get back 2.1 million dollars for our environmental/recreational use. Now we know why they are so underfunded. There isn't enoug money to take care of avery problem that arises.

I've known Mr Pike 1 for 12+ years and I have nothing else to add here except you did the right thing buddy. See you on the water soon.

I am still hopefull that the DNR will do something about this incident.

911 is not just for emergencies. I called the on duty commander in Mankato about a large German Shepard running around our neighborhood (I had a three year old out playing). They told me to use 911 for anything I needed to call on. I thought it was for emergencies also.

I hate to keep pushing this thread along as it seems to have died, however...........
Let me just state that I am in no way singling out any race here. I have come to realize there are only good and bad PEOPLE not races,... but,
I work with a LOT of Hmong and Laos immigrants. One lady who I work close with told me today that someone she knows just got caught and fined $4000. Not sure if it was the same incident but she thought it was at Prior. The guy that was caught was actually buying the fish from the "catchers" (which he also helped in) and then was selling them to other people he knew. I guess you could call him a distributor. Anyways just wanted to throw that out there, and say that not all cases go ignored.