• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yankeedutch,

My guess is that Tim will be taking you near the County Rd 7 bridge and probably work upstream from there towards the Zumbro Dam. It's an excellent smallie fishery that is total catch and release. There are very few people that know the Zumbro River below the dam than Tim. Hope you have a great time.

------------------
Lew

Can you tell me how to get hooked up with a class from Tim? I'm new to fly fishing this year - something I've always wanted to learn, but would be very interested in learning more in a class. Using a "long rod" as you call it, sounds really fun to catch smallies!

I'm not sure if he has any more classes this summer. He does a lot of guiding, too. You can e-mail him at [email protected] and ask him about classes. His e-mail is on the website for Midwest Fly-Fishing magazine, so I thought it'd be okay to post it here. I'd also recommend subscribing to that magazine if you're really getting into fly-fishing. Great info, and it's not just for trout fisherman. It's seems that trout fishing and fly-fishing are synonymous, but that's not at all the case. Many people, like Tim, are fly-fishing on warm-waters, too.

Thanks Lew and WxGuy,

The class was really worthwhile. One of the things I appreciated most was how Tim kept it very simple. Not just in techniques that work, but also in flies that catch fish, not just fishermen.
FishinGurl220,
Tim is done with classes for the year, but I would highly recommend contacting him now and getting on his list. I started flyfishing last year, after taking another class in Iowa. I feel like I am just becoming competent. I feel like I persevered. I have a lot of respect for those who somehow became skilled with a flyrod on their own. After several trips where I was being outfished by my spinfishing friends, who incidentally think I am nuts for trying this odd way of fishing, I believe that I am no longer handicapped. I only know one serious fisherman... he is an Alaskan Eskimo. He fishes to live. I just fish for fun. I live for God and my family. I am serious about my friendships and duties. What do you all fish/live for?

Blessings,
Dave

Went smallie fishin for the first time this year yesterday and had a blast. Fished for 3 hours and caught and released 28 smallies. The biggest one was 20 inches and I also landed four in the 16-17 inch range. All of them were caught on a crawfish rapala. Smallie fishin sure is fun.
Steve