• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lanterns = Crappies

looperhunter

Some of us were just trying to look out and provide accurate and sound information for fellow anglers.

Fish On! Fish Off! ::Guzzle:: cool.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• united jigsticker

• LABS4ME

• Fish On

• kelly-p

From what I see this topic got started because of people not have much luck out on the ice. I'm sure it would have never got started if everyone was getting their limit. Light makes a big diffrence in some lake but on URL that's really not the case from what I have seen. Sometimes it might help bring a close fish into the hole but they don't bite until the latern is turned down again. I think to much light blinds them. In lakes that are more clear It seems to help. I think this light issue is minor to the real factor of being on fish. So put your energy into rigging up a couple of small tip-ups with small line and barre hooks to locate them during dawn. Keep the glow's bright in the house and the light up just enough to see the bobber. If your on em' you should be able to get em', unless your old fashion and use a 3inch Red and White bobber with a steel leader.

spinach did you get your reply back from the dnr???

[This message has been edited by Fish On (edited 03-07-2003).]

Well said once again sheephead king , too much energy used up on this topic. Go to ABC's board to get in on hot discussions that are more relevent to issues that impact the whole country. It's great to get the intent of the law right, but much more time spent on this subject would be a waste. Have fun fishing guys ,I just hope you interpet the law the way the guys who write the tickets do. But Sheephead is right!

straight from the dnr " it is illegal to use artificial light to attract fish, I am being misquotted on that website. You will be fined if you do it. You can have the lantern with you for your use to see what your doing in the dark, but not to attract crappie or other fish." this is the answer I got from the same CO that you talked to and it seems very clear to me that it is illegal and you will get a fine if caught. If you ask a generic question to the dnr, you will get a generic answer.

Good for you spinnach, isn't it interresting a complete differernt answer, I bet they got talking about the issue amonst themselfs and and decided to take the safe side of the gray area. Gray always turns into black and white once enough attention is called it's direction. One thing for sure we can't catch fish any method ,if were on the computer . Go get on line the reel way. tongue.gif

"One great thing about America is that everyone has a right to their opinion. Another great thing about America is that you don't have to listen to that opinion"

Dennis Green
Former (thank God) Head Coach
Minnsota Vikings

Hey walleye guy you must really be bored with retirement to be reading all of our opions. Have you ever tried the fishing at Devils Lake ND ? Even on a bad day you don't even need to worry about using lites. I was going to give you a bunch of crap ,but I didn't know if you'd see my humor. May be your not D.G. and thats your sense of humor! good fishing any how.

[This message has been edited by red river man (edited 03-07-2003).]

The best thing that might come out of this marathon is the dnr might eliminate this grey area in there guide book in future years. this wouldnt be the first time that one of there regulations wasnt left to interpretation.

yes i would have to agree with you about the novel thing,its hard not to do something wrong now with all the regs on this and that. the handout eveybody gets is a guidline the actual laws and regs book is like a websters dictionary.

Way to serious of a topic, maybe you all should have a drink.gif and think about it bigok.gif

------------------
Hunt&Fish tell you drop!

F irish-- glow jigs , flash chargers - light works , just read the whole thread . I'm sure you'll be enlitened and entertained. I enjoy reading the debate , but I just don't think it's to be resolved. Lawyers may make a living from the gray area of the law butI like to stay away from it. To me It's like walking on thin ice.I'll stick to glow jigs and flashers,thats enough for me. Get on line, the reel one. tongue.gif

Oh my god I have been sucked into the URL posts now too!! What the H@ll!! I don't want to get personal and mention names, but for the most part if I had to choose a side, I was on the side of the guys saying that they would put their lantern down the hole, maybe not to catch more fish but to keep the it from blowing over or burning a hole in the side of the portable. But the gentleman two up from me states that now that it is legal that it can be put to rest and people can't force their "VIEWS" on him even if they are wrong. How can ANYBODIES views be wrong. It is just that their view. They view the law different or they view how catch and release should be done or not done, but that is "their" view. If they want to say it let them say it. Read it , reply or not to reply to it is up to you. Believe in it or not believe in it also is up to you. Just let them speak their mind. How can words on here force you "impose" on you to act on them. hmmmm!!!! confused.gif Hey keep up the long threads URL!! I love them!! grin.gif

------------------
I like Tail

[This message has been edited by Caesarfishinguytoo (edited 03-07-2003).]

what i think he means buy that is how people have said things like your a cheater if you do this your not a sportsman or i hope you feel the need to take a shower after using this method not there views if they want to use this method or not its more so about the personal attacks twoard the people who do this thats what i got out of it atleast