• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sorry about not responding to other questions (I'll be on the ball now that I'm up and running) ... Getting ready for the opener was tough and I got in last night after three straight days of fishing (super long days...) at 11:30 p.m. ........
From all reports cats on the Red were slower Saturday and Sunday. Met "ManitobaAngler" Monday night at a local tackle shop and he confirmed the bite to be slow and he saw fish much smaller than normal being caught. Many Manitoban lakes like Lake Winnipeg are still under ice or are just opening up. I was lucky this weekend and didn't venture out on a lake that was half ice covered.... the wind shifted and the ice moved across the whole lake...I could have still been there! With regards to some of you guys maybe asking the question about how long the piggy eyes will stay in the Red river (Yup they're still there!).... for the most part they'll be there until the ice breaks on the big lake. The bite will be slow but your best bet will be in those spots where there is a discharge of warmer water in the river eg. Netley or other small creeks which dump into the river. Larger live minnows jigged slowly have been key for me in the past for boating a few hawgeyes.

------------------
Dan Kiazyk
Cat Eye Outfitter
http://www.geocities.com/dkiazyk2000
[email protected]