• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice fishing gear

I was wondering what portables are good and augers. Cabelas has a nice sale this weekend on Eskimo houses and augers by jiffy and eskimo. Let me know what works and what doesn't

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

All the portables and augers work well, it just depends what you want out of each.

I fish out of a Fish Trap Pro and I use a Strikemaster auger. Both are great. But I can't say that they are better then another. Otter makes an excellent portable, so does Frabill, Eskimo, Glacier, Nordic, the list goes on and on. Some cost more then others and some have different materials and etc. Otter makes a very durable portable and you can expect a long life from them. But an Eskimo is nice too. I personally think that you can't go wrong any way you look at it with portables now a days. I have friends that use a lot of different models and they all like what they use. Its all personal preferrence really.

As far as augers go, I like Strikemaster. I've used Strikemaster for years and haven't had any complaints. Jiffy makes a great auger too. Mils Master came out with a power auger that looks good as well. I've used both Strikemaster and Jiffy and they both get the job done.

A few choices to choose from out there. Makes us feel like we are kids in a candy shop smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
MarCum