• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

wasn't it great to pay $1 for six minnows this last weekend!!!! A bait store and they don't have it open in the long weekends, FRIGGIN PERFECT!!

set the hook light and reel em in.

K2

I agree, same thing happened to me over the weekend. NO place in town had bait. It's gonna be pretty hard to stay in business when they're never open.

I agree k2 we went on sunday and of course bait station closed. Also i paid two bucks for six minnows because to bait out light doesn't work.

ICEHOOK

I agree k2 we went on sunday and of course bait station closed. Also i paid two bucks for six minnows because to bait out light doesn't work.

ICEHOOK

I agree it would be nice to have a bait
store open all the time.....but before
our little minnow store opened you had to
drive to Erskine to get minnows because
the bait machine was always sold out.

A good tip would be to get some minnows
on friday. Some planning ahead will save
your weekend fishing

Curt Quesnell

We used to sein and net tons of minnows out of the river! Lots of really nice shiners. I would think that the area between the island and the eastern shore of the river just below the dam would be a great place for a couple of guys to corral a bunch of shiners and sucker minnows.
Hey, I gotta tell you folks, last Tuesday I went fly fishing on Lake Waconia, just wading the new bullrushes. There had just been a really heavy rain, and the lake was dead calm as the skies cleared. I musta' caught 65 bass inside of 3 hours - most were pretty small - 10-15 were prabably between a pound and a half and three pounds - one fish was 22 1/2 inches long and weighed 6 1/2 lbs on the scale. "On a fly rod!" Whatta blast!
Muskie season opened up down here today, but I'm stuck at work for the weekend. Waconia has got a pretty decent population of muskies, with a few goin' over 50 inches. I can't wait to get out and have a go at them.
Hope your all doin' well in TRF. I'm gonna try to be up there over the weekend of the 4th. I plan to spend several mornings and evenings on the river - would't mind if some of you fellas wanted to join me.