• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any crappies on Big Sandy?

My inlaws have a cabin on Big Sandy and we usually try and make it up there a couple time during the winter. Has anyone heard if the crappies are biting?

Had some nice luck last weekend in about 8 feet of water right after dark up until the two-way radios told us it was time for board games back at the cabin. We were still markin 'em but had we had our orders.

Wow, sounds like a fun time. It's interesting that you caught them in 8 ft of water (atleast to me and my inexperience). In the winter, I've only fished for them back in Bill Horn bay in 20-30'.

I'm new to ice fishing (only been doing it the last few years). I got into it because I thought it would be something for my 5-yr. old son and I to do in the winter. We've really gotten into it. I have, however, been open water fishing for many years. When I come up in the winter I alway wonder why there is only a couple spots on the lake that people seem to ice fish. There is all that structure out in the main part of the lake, why don't I ever see people out there???

Any suggestions on other spots I could try would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.