• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

driving on aitkin lake?

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody has been driving on Aitkin lake by big sandy yet. I have a 1/2 ton truck and a sleeper shack on wheels and was wondering if it's safe to go out on yet. Thanks

there's no public access on the lake for
one thing and I would never drive on that
lake as there is springs all over in it

------------------
"CATCH A CRAPPIE"
REDRIDER

Thanks for the info. I haven't fished the lake before, so if I go up I'll take my portable instead.

• 3 weeks later...

hows the ice on ceder lake in aitkin ? by edgewater beach resort any good fish coming out of there lately ?? any info would be appreciated thanks in advance

joe

you always have to be careful on cedar as there are springs all over it plus deep water and several creeks going in and out of it. baypark is dead for crappies but they had been getting them in sunset bay.

I visited my folks this weekend, they live on Cedar. In ten years we have never driven on that lake due to numerous springs and depths over 130 ft. I saw people cruising across it this weekend and almost died, not a good idea!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders