• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody out there ever fish these two lakes.Will be coming up the eleventh of july and thought I would pull the boat out of where we are staying for the week and try these lakes for a day if you think their worth trying. Thank You,gilby

Gilby-

Sorry for the delay in posting a reply. I was on vacation for a week at our cabin on Big Stony, so I have some info.

The DNR has been stocking walleyes in Stony for the last several years and it is supposedly a pretty good walleye lake. I'm not a big walleye fisherman so I don't fish all that much. During the week I was there there were almost always two or three boats out in the main section of the lake. They stay a few hundred feet out from the east shoreline in about 15-20 feet of water. I assume people must be catching something for there to be that much traffic.

I went out a couple times for about a half hour and got a few strikes on a crawler and lindy rig.

Stony is also a pretty good lake for largemouth. I caught a 6 pounder there a few years back.

If you try Stony, give me a report back. I'd be interested to find out how you did.

-Scott