• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1st thru 4th crow wing lakes?

We are headed up over the 4th of July and was hoping for some help putting the 3 kids (11, 11, and 9)on some fish and keep them off the gameboys. Is one of these lakes better for sunnies and such. What about walleye and northern. I would love to see the looks on the kids face if they caught a nice sized northern. shocked.gif

Thanks for any help and hope everyones having better luck than I am this year.

[This message has been edited by mthunter (edited 06-22-2003).]

i just got back from a week on 2nd crow wing. the walleye fishing was slow and we only saw two walleyes over 10 inches caught all week. we did very well with the sunnies because there were still a fair number in shallow water but they were all deep by the end of the week. we caught most of our sunnies on second using leeches. As for northerns any lake is good. we caught a lot ranging from 15-30 inches on second. the bigger ones were caught with live bait mostly sucker minnows. the points on 3rd are good for bass and northerns, and any place on fourth is a good spot to try for northerns. hope this helps

fisher13, thanks for the info. its alway more enjoyable when the kids are catching something instead of whinning about being bored.