• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was pondering this as well....

I would like to fish mantrap this winter, but I would be using a 4-wheeler and not driving.

I fish this lake extensively and have all of my favorite summer spots marked into my GPS so I would like to give it a try this winter.

I would think that from the west side public access wou would not be able to pass through the channel that leads the to the rest of the lake due to thin ice. However the other unimproved landing should provide access to the all but the lower basin and the east arm.

I have no idea how you could drive from that landing to the lower basin and east arm, as I am sure the narrow channel that provides access in the summer is all heaved up with ice due to it's location and shallow nature...

Again, this is all speculation, but hopefully somebody has some info for us.

Beautifull lake, I fish it often in the summer and look forward to giving it a whirl this winter...