• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Potato Lake fishing

will be fishing here 2/7-2/14/03. Need ideas for eyes and crappie. What depth for eyes, thought 14-18', or should I be deeper? Was thinking main lake lake NW side by sunken island, or would main lake halfway on west side just north of the resort be better. For crappies, thought the west arm, fish 20/30' on north or south side of channel. Any help appreciated, Rick

Haven't been up there since the new year, but we did okay in the 14'-18' depth range for a few walleyes. We tried a few sunken islands and shorline drops and one didn't out produce another. As far as the crappies go, good luck! I hear if you find them they are nice ones. We have looked for them a few times without any success, but haven't been able to try the west arm at night. Good luck.

thanks for the info. Been fishing lake alexander, 20 mile north of Little Falls. Only catching little cigars, 15-30', had some decent 22-28" been catching in 40'. I'll try the one sunken island, main lake, NW side, in 16-18' and go from there. Rick

Hey guys!

I fished Potato right after Christmas and man was it slow out there. We fished the sunken islands by the east arm and only caught perch and northerns. We couldn't find any walleyes or crappies or sunnies. Then we tried the main point on the west arm and couldn't find the crappies either. It was tough out there. Have any of you guys caught any sunnies out there? I think I am going to go up in spring and see if I can find some late ice crappies, but it will be a tough job. Talk to you guys later!

Avid

Rick,

will be up there the weekend of 2/1 and will be at the contest but make a few trips out to Potato. Will give you and update on what is happening.