• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hey. new to the area, and wondering if anyone has some suggestions of where to spear. i live in the smokey hills.
thanks...

yeah, i'm a few miles northwest of osage. my brother is a duckaholic... are you the guy from down around spirit lake?
p.s. have no computer at home, so i don't get on line every day...

No but knowing where you are helps in giving lakes that are close to you. My number one without traveling to far is Wolf Lake for spearing. It is a big lake, has lots of big fish and is a very popular lake with the spearers. You won't be dissapointed with this one.

I am not a big fan of spearing but I know this is a very popular lake and produces large fish consistanly.Scott Steil

hey scotts, thanks for the reply. i hear you about not being a fan of spearing, and respect that. but know that i am very selective, and take only what i will eat. i dont fish all that much, but am a believer in getting meat for the family. i just don't want you to think i'm some yahoo runnin around chuckin the spear.
p.s. i'm pretty sure you know my bro...

smoked perch-
if you dont mind a little drive try lake bemidji. this is the first year ive speared there and it is awesome. there are a lot of people that spear fish the lake, but there is a lot of room. my friends family has speared there for the last 50 years and it produces every year. my friends grandpa just speared a 15 pounder last week. i hope this helps. oh yeah and i was just wondering if you deer hunt in the smoky hills? i hunted with my uncle there this year. i got nothing but he got an 8 pointer and a 10 pointer.

• 2 weeks later...

I deer hunt 3 Miles East of Wolf Lake. Not to far South of you. We had a pretty good thread going about deer hunting this year. I am sure we will get it going again come the 2003 season. There are a lot of people from FishingMN that hunt in the area. I hope you get some good eaters!!Scott Steil