• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

21 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Doesn't anyone in this thread have a cell phone or camera for pictures?  :blink:

Why would anyone take photos of dinks?  I certainly wouldn't.

• Yayyyy 1

Any and all fish pictures are cool to see 👍

• Thumbs Up 3

Are most fish still being caught rigging or are they hitting the bobbers yet? Probably depends on time of day?

3 hours ago, Shulsebus said:

Are most fish still being caught rigging or are they hitting the bobbers yet? Probably depends on time of day?

I was catching them on bobbers and leeches in shallower side bays in the evenings

Well we will be arriving for the week tomorrow. Fishing mostly east end.  We will be hitting all of our favorite bobber spots.  Going to bring some jumbo leeches. Figure we will be getting smallmouth and walleye.  Staying in Daisy bay.  Is the water temp about 65?  Is there really any point of getting minnows?  

The only thing they would bite on last night was minnows for us. Reef fishing in 30’. Plenty of action, nothing real big. 

Are minnows available at the Y store?

Mark, can’t tell you about the Y. Northwoods in Cook had nice minnows last week. Leeches are working, too. Good luck out there. It’s not easy.

Dick

Thanks Dick. It's always easy when you find the right spot😉

Good Fishing,

MarkB

Tough fishing this weekend. Only found a few small ones all weekend. Hoping we get some stable weather this week. That would really improve the bite. 

Yeah was up for a week.   As other alluded to the weather was brutal.  Did catch some larger walleyes on slip bobbers on windy points in under 5 feet of water.  As for minnows they were at Lucky seven in Virginia and Grubens has some nice minnows as well.  Smallmouth fishing was terrific given the circumstances.  

Question.  I have guests coming who may want to fish for muskies.  I've cast for them in August along shorelines and at rock piles.   Do I fish for them that way in June?   Should I troll shorelines or drop offs for them?  Thanks.

With two muskies under my belt, my best advice is to fish for pike and bass and then let a giant muskie come chomp down on said pike/bass as you reel it in. 🙂

Unfortunately I have no other good advice.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/14/2024 at 12:34 PM, SkunkedAgain said:

With two muskies under my belt, my best advice is to fish for pike and bass and then let a giant muskie come chomp down on said pike/bass as you reel it in. 🙂

Unfortunately I have no other good advice.

LOL Skunked, I believe you're probably right.   No Muskies but they caught their limit of eaters and one of them caught a 26 incher.  So a successful trip for them.

Had another tough fishing weekend.  No walleyes for me.  I don't know what I am doing wrong, I am marking fish around the reefs in the mid 20 ft of water, but nothing is biting.  

On 6/12/2024 at 1:38 PM, partyonpine said:

some larger walleyes on slip bobbers on windy points in under 5 feet of water

Where are some of these bobber spots people are talking about?  Any help would be appreciated, I just can't seem to get this figured out.  I am over on the west end of big bay.  I willing to drive a ways if it will be worth my time.  

On 6/12/2024 at 1:45 PM, Jetsky said:

Do I fish for them that way in June?   Should I troll shorelines or drop offs for them?

Honestly the only way you are going to catch more muskies is to put more time in targeting them.  If they aren't willing to bite, you aren't going to catch any.  Its not like walleye or bass or panfishing where if a fish is in a neutral mood you can still maybe get one to bite.  The bite window is shorter and briefer with muskies and there isn't nearly as many of them either.  You could fish for a week straight without a mere sign of one and then when a bite window opens you might catch several quickly.

I would focus on weedy areas with good cabbage.  Target periods of higher potential like sunrise, sunset, cloudy/rainy days, and at night time if you are able to.  I wouldn't use really big lures yet either.  Downsize a little until late summer and then you can beef it up with bigger lures.

6 hours ago, MikeG3Boat said:

Had another tough fishing weekend.  No walleyes for me.  I don't know what I am doing wrong, I am marking fish around the reefs in the mid 20 ft of water, but nothing is biting.  

Where are some of these bobber spots people are talking about?  Any help would be appreciated, I just can't seem to get this figured out.  I am over on the west end of big bay.  I willing to drive a ways if it will be worth my time.  

I'm catching them on bobbers and leeches.  Try fishing smaller side bays on the edge of some rocks but not in the rocks.  Fish in about 6 - 10 feet of water.  The bite starts about 7:30 pm till 9:00 pm.  I also noticed a few may flys hatching in the areas I'm getting success.  I think they're coming into the bays in the evening to feed on the mayflies.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, PSU said:

Nice fish! Any rain total updates so far? Getting a bit nervous about our dock boards

I saw the rain forecast and then zip-tied all of my dock pallets to the steel dock. Of course, I only do one side so that if the waves start popping the pallets up, they will just lift and fall back down instead of floating the entire dock up and down.

Edited by SkunkedAgain
  • Thumbs Up 2

When I left there last Thursday, I had my boat as high as it would go on the boatlift. When boats would go by too close it would rock a little bit, so I tied the 4 cleats to the lift.  I might have to pull the darn thing off and park it around the corner at the neighbors dock while I'm there. With my rocky shoreline, I can't leave it tied to mine, it gets the crap beat out of it from boat waves. I'll have to pull it when I head home....that means removing the canopy on the lift, what a bummer. Who would of thought this could happen when the water was so low this spring!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
3 hours ago, SkunkedAgain said:

I saw the rain forecast and then zip-tied all of my dock pallets to the steel dock. Of course, I only do one side so that if the waves start popping the pallets up, they will just lift and fall back down instead of floating the entire dock up and down.

This is a darn good practice!  :cool:

18 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

I might have to pull the darn thing off and park it around the corner at the neighbors dock while I'm there. 

Can't you temporarily tie your boat up to your dock so it floats? I guess that I haven't looked at your setup too closely.

They closed the Trout Lake Portage down washed out.

Edited by partyonpine
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SkunkedAgain said:

Can't you temporarily tie your boat up to your dock so it floats? I guess that I haven't looked at your setup too closely.

The only way I could do it is running parallel to the shoreline on the "L", but with the wake from the boats and my rocky shoreline, the waves just bounce it around too much, even with bumpers tied off. My neighbors dock is recessed off the main channel, I'm going to sweet talk him into letting me dock it there.

6 hours ago, partyonpine said:

They closed the Trout Lake Portage down washed out.

Apparently just the motorized portage.   If you paddle you are good to go.