• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pressure ridge running from north shore about 300 yards (guessing) west of the public access and zigzagging to the point of the island, pretty much splitting the lake in half. I don’t know if the ice is actually bad but I wouldn’t want to drive my ATV over it. Good chance it will be hidden if we get as much snow as is being predicted. FYI 6 inches of ice at 3 holes I drilled in front of the public access.

6D3A0A5C-C247-4F53-976D-B93FA073797B.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Never tried hunting them but I drove 95 over to Princeton today and the Sandhills are flying everywhere right now. Flocks in fields!  Heard they taste like chicken?  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the South End... In a nutshell, walleye and sauger fishing has been awesome.  If you want to catch fish, the bite is on.  Anglers are finding fish ranging from 18 to 29 feet. The cooling water temperatures after a brief fall warm spell are down to about 64 degrees.      Again this week, many anglers have reported success jigging with frozen emerald shiners, but fathead minnows are also working well too.  Areas from right in front of the Lighthouse Gap where the Rainy River enters Lake of the Woods west to the Morris Point area, Zippel Bay area to Long Point.  Some nice schools of fish.     Prominent jig colors this week are gold, chartreuse, orange, and pink.  Gold combined with a color is often a good choice too.     Many of these fish across the south shore are over mud.  No structure, just a lot of forage that holds the fish.  Get out amongst the fish, anchor up and get your jig on.   Some nice perch and occasional pike are being caught mixed in with the walleyes and saugers. Drifting spinners / crawlers or trolling crankbaits is still effective for many anglers.   On the Rainy River... The river is producing some nice walleyes, but with the warmer temps, not the big traditional run as of yet.  There are definitely some nice fish in the river however and it will only get better as water temps cool and days get shorter. Sturgeon fishing continues good and should pick up as water temps cool.  The sturgeon "keep" season goes through September 30th.  After that, it is a catch and release season through April 23rd.  The season extends through May 15th and then closes through May 30th.     The river is relatively small and a nice option for most sized boats.  Depending upon the day, Four Mile Bay and even the south shore is accessible depending upon the wind which varies day to day.   Up at the NW Angle... Fall up at the Angle is a special time with multi species action.  Walleye fishing remains strong, with fish located across different areas with structure as well as flat areas.     The deep mud east and northeast of Little Oak Island. Effective methods continue to be a mix of jigging and spinners, with crankbaits also producing good results. Pike and muskies are active in weedy areas over rocks.  Jerkbaits and inline spinners are catching some good fish.   Smallmouth bass are showing up strong, particularly around scattered rock areas extending from points.  Tube jigs, swimbaits and crankbaits working well.    
    • Wanderer
      That’s an interesting and accurate way to describe some people.  I don’t think I’d want to wrestle him either!
    • Kettle
      I'm a little over 6 ft and he's a little more stable to the ground. Wouldn't want to wrestle him. Saskatchewan is a good trip, we go to an area not typically known for waterfowl but way more birds than MN and less hunters that way
    • Wanderer
      Are you standing on rock - or is your buddy short? 😉    Saskatchewan has always been a place I’d like to go some day.  It might be odd, but it’s stuck in my mind since a book I read in grade school.  And someday I might get my program together enough to get a sandhill.  This October time off is set aside for archery deer in SD.   Good luck!
    • CigarGuy
      I was trolling just out from your dock last night and my trolling motor hit something under the water and stopped me in my tracks. I couldn't see what it was. It was out about 75'-100' out from your dock and a little towards the mouth of bay. Your don't want to hit that with your big motor! If you have side imaging, see if you can find it.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I've been catching some nice pike off of my dock this week. The predators are lurking....
    • smurfy
      🤣 i knew which one you were......just trying to be funny..............goos luck nort of the border!!!!!!!!!
    • Brianf.
      Sent you a PM. 
    • Kettle
      Shorter beard, one in the green rubber boots. I'd grow it longer but then patients start thinking I'm homeless and not the person there to take care of them. Starting to get a few greys in it too! I'll start fishing a lot more between now and freeze up although I leave for Saskatchewan to crane and duck hunting Saturday 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.