• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looks like Peltier Lake is locked up. Clear Lake was about 97% locked up. Just one little open hole in the middle. Forest Lake also looked to be at least 95% iced up. There were a couple small holes that a bunch of swans were keeping open. Someone on the north shore still has their dock out, and pontoon in the water! They better take advantage of this warm up and get to work! 

Would appreciate more reports, especially in Isanti County and Hinckley area.

As of yesterday forest lake has about 1 inch of ice, but there were still some open spots. Someone even launched their boat and went duck hunting out there. 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I will be checking a couple lakes today and I know people have been ice fishing them

Moose any reports?  May check Baxter or 

Chisago channel tomorrow.  Was just fishing open water Missouri River two weeks ago.  We limited on walleyes two days in a row.  Ready to fish some ice. 

Some guys were on Baxter but I had Finn with me so I did not check the ice thickness and it’s going to be cold tonight so I will try tomorrow to check

24 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

might find out next week

Get them bullheads for smoking 

• Thumbs Up 1

Group of people were ice fishing on forest lake this morning. Still a big open spot from the geese and swans.

• I Like it 1

44 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Group of people were ice fishing on forest lake this morning. Still a big open spot from the geese and swans.

You catch much? How thick was da ice?

On 11/17/2018 at 11:13 AM, JBMasterAngler said:

As of yesterday forest lake has about 1 inch of ice, but there were still some open spots. Someone even launched their boat and went duck hunting out there. 

Humm...didn't know Forest Lake is Huntable? I know Peltier is.

I didn’t fish. Just saw them as I drove by. That dock, boat lift, and pontoon are still in the lake. Must be nice to have money to burn?

I didn’t know duck hunting was allowed on forest either, as the shorelines are wall to wall houses. There are several reed/bulrush points that extend out quite aways on the north shore. That’s where everyone seems to hunt.

Anyway, I’ll be spending Black Friday getting my gear ready, and check out some lakes on Saturday, in hopes to wet a line. 

Well, I won’t be going out tomorrow. As I type, it’s still 40 degrees and raining. Will rain all night and stay above freezing throughout tomorrow. I swear I seen lake 3 of forest opened up quite a bit. Lots of standing water on any all bodies of water I saw. Will be some good ice making weather next week. 

1 hour ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Well, I won’t be going out tomorrow. As I type, it’s still 40 degrees and raining. Will rain all night and stay above freezing throughout tomorrow. I swear I seen lake 3 of forest opened up quite a bit. Lots of standing water on any all bodies of water I saw. Will be some good ice making weather next week. 

cold weather all of next week. we all need to wait a little longer, next weekend looks much better.

People are all over Shakopee, portys out there every day.. 6/8" Anne has decent walkable ice, 5"   Knife has walkable ice, 5". However with this recent melt, and some rain, it could be a mess, and get sketchy.

Use caution, go slow, and check frequently with a good spud.  

• Thanks 1

Careful on shakopee with the river as this rain could increase the current and melt da ice.

• Thumbs Up 1

two portables on Mitchell lake tonight, the lake is only 50% frozen over after the rain yesterday. plenty of waterfowl on the water.

My wife drove past bear lake in Barnum, and said looked like open water. I’m assuming it was just standing water on top of the ice, but that’s still not good for business. I assume the ice was probably in the 5 inch range. She didn’t see anyone out there Thursday or Friday.

I found 6” on Peltier of clear solid ice. I got out a bit late so the bite wasn’t great but it was good to get out!!

55110D3D-2197-433D-BA82-8A1D6B7AE6A6.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

Went out to the channel between Chisago and South Lindstrom this morning. Ice was 6 inches, maybe a little more in spots. Fishing was ok. Mostly small crappies. It was fairly busy out there too. Next weeks cold weather should help firm up  the main lakes a bit more, as long as we don’t get too much snow from this weekends storm. Hopefully that will spread people out a little.

Good to wait until you venture out of narrows east to Linstrom or west into Chisago.

4 wheeler thru ice this afternoon out of narrows an by A frame on Chisago.

All good, no injury's, all good, thanks to fast acting fire n rescue both cities an Lindstrom air boat.....but comonman.

We live winter here musky acres an every year someone jumps gun an takes a dip.

Comonman, use yer gray matter....go play in narrows an have fun hunting dinks,  but WAIT a bit...to move out of narrows walking much less on motor vehicle of any kind.  

Geeezzz, like to see ya reach 40 any way.....

LiL Story on Chisago fire n rescue Facetard page.

Keep on rocken!

T

10-12 inches on lake Shakopee Think we missed the morning bite as all we could find active were little perch. Talked to a couple older guys who been fishing all week said bite shuts down around 9am lately. Did had 2 tip ups out 5 flags went up got 3 northerns 23 24 and a 26 inch.

Four wheelers all over someone even had a car out there.

West Rush 8-9 inches I would say
Lots and lots of dinks

Fishing 30 fow graph was lit up from 29 to 22 feet

Had to sort through tiny ones to even get some 8 1/2 - 10 eaters

Green glow tungsten with 2 wax worms on it did the trick. Buddy was bit off and put on a red jig head for awhile and I caught 10 to his 1 when he  was using red if that means anything to you. Probably caught 60+ fish so If you want to keep a kid busy

13.jpg

12.jpg

• I Like it 1
  • l Love It 1

Forest Lake is seeing a lot of activity. However, there is still a huge chunk of open water in the lake 3 area. Clear Lake also looked like it may have had some open water out in the middle.