• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Chill62

2018-2019 Ice Fishing Reports

Chill62

Well weather didn't look friendly so we didn't fish today. Yesterday we attempted to fish Star, drifts weren't friendly to getting off the plowed paths. Tried and ultimately switched lakes. Fished a little bay and caught a mixed bag of bass, blue gills and crappies. Group next to us caught a 21 inch walleye using a spoon. Was steady for small gills but moved to a deeper hole and the girlfriend was on fire. 14, 13.25, 12.75, 12.5 were her big ones. Fish were aggressive and glow was key. Bite was steady for over 4 hours. Heres pictures of her big one which is a WAM master angler. All fish were released 

FB_IMG_1548642280739.jpg

FB_IMG_1548866607461 (1).jpg

Lotharski

I was able to get out on Saturday in the afternoon on a local lake.  Wanted to get away from the crowd, but that might have been a mistake.  Got stuck twice trying to blaze a trail.  Man are those drifts hard!  Because of the amount of snow and the difficulty of travel, I didn't drill as many holes as I wanted to search for fish.   Set up in the first place I marked them.  Didn't get anything for the first hour and a half, but caught about a dozen from 4:30 to 6:30 with just 5 in the 10"-11" range.  Was marking them but had trouble getting them to bite.  Tried all kinds of different presentations.  Best luck was actually on a whole small crappie minnow.  

With the snow on Sunday and more on Wednesday, it might be back to smowmobile traffic.....

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk

Its very tough going up there, been fishing up that direction a lot this winter. Been stuck a few times unfortunately. More snow will definitely create some problems. Plus side is the fishing has been great. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Chill62

Good to hear others give a report from the area, I was starting to think I was the only one out fishing willing to post a report on here.  We got out down by Pelican this weekend and the big pig crappies were still biting but not till after 5 pm.  Yes you can hole hop and cover LOTS of water to try and find them but best activity has been after 5 pm.  Glow tungsten's with wax worms jigging suspended has been best luck.  Bobber rods picked up with a vertical jig tipped with a fat head.  The bigger crappies wanted the bigger fatheads and a buddy was using small shiners and having better luck with them on his bobber rod.  I'm hoping to get out this weekend but it might involve hiring a plow truck to plow paths for me to get around because we are bottoming out the pickkup.  I haven't tried a morning bite due to not making it home till after the news is on but I'd expect a low light morning bite also.  I'm going to hopefully get out and stay LATE this weekend.  Tournament for the girlfriend is getting tighter and she's currently sitting in 3rd place.  We will be local this weekend, off to SD next weekend, then home for the last weekend of the month.  Then it's coming to be tulibee season IF we can get around on the lakes.

Lotharski

Man is there a lot of snow out there!!  I went out a couple of Saturdays ago, got stuck twice, but at least I caught some fish.  Went out this last Saturday and just used the snowmobile.  I bet there was nearly 18"-24" of snow on the lake.  Had 3-4" of water on the ice once I shoveled out a spot and drilled the holes for the portable.  I'm not sure if it was because of the cold weather earlier in the week, but none of the panfish I caught were bigger than 6" and they were very finicky.  Might have been laziness, but I didn't want to hole hop with all that snow. 

I had plans to go to Mille Lacs, but that got canceled b/c of the snow/slush.  Does anyone know of a lake that I can still pull a sleeper house out on?  I was thinking maybe Lida might plow a road since they have the ice bar on the lake??  I wanted to take the kids out for the weekend, but it's not looking promising.....

Chill62

Travel on lakes is very difficult.  We are getting around on some lakes but only in 4 wheel low.  It's been tough.  There are a few lakes and I keep hearing guys going to Lida especially since the bass are active the past few weeks.  Big lakes like Lida should have a plowed road and you can try to go from there.  I'd suggest doing a recon trip on the ice without a trailer prior to bringing the house onto the lake.  I was on Big Pine on Sunday and there were a lot of guys getting stuck exploring the lake while pulling their house with them.

• Thumbs Up 1