• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

IronDioPriest

Wright county: annandale boat inspection program will harm local economies

Borch

Based on the info I've heard this program is now done.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 2

PRO-V
19 hours ago, Borch said:

Based on the info I've heard this program is now done.

"Done" as in not going to implement it?

eyeguy 54

that would be nice. 

Sculpin

DNR Commissioner Strommen has denied a request to expand the program from 3 to 9 lakes,  and denied a proposal to create self inspection and  storage certification programs. It would seem, as Borch says, "its done" However, they could in fact concoct another "pilot project" and figure out another way to make life miserable.

sweede

Here is a link to the latest on The Wright County AIS program. 
http://www.co.wright.mn.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1057
It is dead for now. They may try to spin this in the future, so watch for other clever ways they will try to privatize the lakes. 
See the full board discussion in the video replay, the boat inspection topic starts at 1:49:50 

sweede

Here is a link to the latest on The Wright County AIS program. 
http://www.co.wright.mn.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1057
It is dead for now. They may try to spin this in the future, so watch for other clever ways they will try to privatize the lakes. 
See the full board discussion in the video replay, the boat inspection topic starts at 1:49:50 

jigginjim

These guys talked about an educational program, but last single site inspection program was not an educational program. It was mainly designed to restrict boat access to special lakes. If they wanted a individual inspection program it could be done through adult education systems in the county.

IronDioPriest
On 3/25/2019 at 8:12 AM, MinDak Hunter said:

I’ve been to a bunch of these meetings and according to the Wright Co. SWCD the DNR is required by law to ratify the plan once it comes together and meets the requirements in State Statutes. I haven’t looked it up myself but that’s what was told to the Commissioners. 

From my understanding of the situation, The DNR has final veto power over whatever the county does in regard to county AIS programs funded with state tax dollars. No county AIS program that fails to meet DNR approval can be implemented. 

Borch

Please contact  your state representative as the program has been added as an amendment legislatively of the senate floor 4/23 without any committee input or discussion and was pass by the senate.  It will be voted on soon by the house.  This totally works around the dnr management or input.  Follow Facebook link for more information. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2382782005285036&id=1593672207529357

Borch

Here is the language from the bill.

FB_IMG_1556192455440.thumb.jpg.f5b0eb45e32faafcfcc08448d94fb625.jpg

eyeguy 54

grrrrr!

eyeguy 54

email sent

Dash 1

I have contacted my representatives. Please everyone do the same. 

DonkeyHodey

Yikes:  is there an easy way to email all the reps without clicking individually on each rep?  Or are y'all just emailing the rep from your district?

Borch

Here is a link with information for members who are on the Environment and Natural Resouce Policy committee. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1501474759942534?view=permalink&id=2183284585094878

They will have input that the house members will likely consider. 

• Thumbs Up 1

DonkeyHodey

Thanks Borch:  this helps!

I emailed the whole committee--hopefully one of them sees the ridiculousness in this.

Basically:  

1.)  the DNR set up a pilot.  

2.)  The DNR analyzed their results and refused to enlarge the scope of the pilot

3.)  Legislature will, if passing this amendment, force the DNR expand a program that their own conclusions did NOT support expanding.  (* this is the time to insert your own clever comments about government doing stupid things contrary to evidence...)

Anyone that enjoys using the numerous MN lakes with public accesses NEEDS to take an active roll in this--let's overwhelm the server with emails from concerned fishers!; If we don't, I worry more and more lakes (associations) will place more and more barriers (in the "name" of AIS) to practically make the public lakes private...

bowkill78

I am an out of state fisherman that enjoys Minnesota fishing.  I'm there several times a year and spend plenty of money there.  I understand AIS but there is no proof it is coming from boats and not waterfowl.  This is an economy killer.  If it becomes a chore to go fishing people will go elsewhere and take their money with them.  Wisconsin has great fishing too, but I love MN.  If it becomes work I'll seek Wisconsin Lakes. Keep after em guys and good luck.  You have out of state support as well.

BriGuy88

All -

The Wright County Coalition of Lake Associations is the big supporter of this regional inspection program.  They just sent out another "canned" email for all members to send to Senator Bruce Anderson and Representative Marion O' Neill.  Hopefully this link will take you to the canned email.  Respond as you see fit.

http://www.congressweb.com/mlra/45/

misterj1954

What a crock of s#*t.  Their purported success of catching 18 contaminated watercraft entering already infested lakes is laughable!  If you want to stop the spread of AIS inspect the boats as they LEAVE infested waters.  This is nothing more than a ploy by lake assn. members to restrict activity on “their lakes”.

• Thumbs Up 2

jigginjim

Now Bruce Anderson is pushing a omnibus bill that will give money to fund the complete program. Call your congress people. Vote NO,  Why should people in outstate Minnesota pay to keep people from enjoying our public waters.

• Like 2