• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well most people use a fish head or two in the trap as bait.  Any type of raw  meat will probably work well.

No need to purge them as they are coming out of clean water.

Just boil the whole crawdad in salt water or better yet in a Cajun mix! The tails are about the only part worth messing with.

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 3

You can fish a little meat out of the ones with really big claws. Tails are easy once you get the hang of it. Meat pops right out then just pull the intestine(?) and you're good to go. 

I'd rather people use fish guts as crawfish bait rather than throwing them in the woods for my dog to find :sick:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

Like they say down in Loosiana, you pinch tail and suck the head.   And when they eat them, looks like they dump a bucket full on some newspaper on a picnic table and have at them.   

But they still hadn't made it all the way west as of last summer, and I figure getting stopped with a cooler full of rusties heading home from the east wouldn't look good on my permanent record.... :P

One of these years though.   I hear they are west of oak narrows now.

These are a fantastic add to the fry if you have the time to cut them out.  They are excellent.  Dip them in a little horseradish cocktail sauce.  Mmm Mmm Good!