• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

IceHawk

Spring Turkey

monstermoose78
6 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Good luck moose.

I will have Isaac out in the blind tomorrow morning as well.

Have a momma bear cub hanging around. Hope they're sleep far away when we walk in.

That is interesting with a bear around. I did not think about them.

monstermoose78

Have not called yet heard some gobbles. 

1F1A376A-C364-4AA1-9C38-47F9E57E20B1.jpeg

ANYFISH2

3 different birds gobbling this morning.  Hens are not bring them close yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Better Than Working!

I am jealous! beautiful morning and I am working! Good luck gentlemen!

IceHawk

Good luck guys like the live updates it brings the hunt back again ?

monstermoose78

almost pooped my pants a rooster drummed next to my blind. A few gobbles on my side of the brook but they must be with hens at this time. Soon they should make their way back. I bet there is a dozen gobbling on the other side of the brook. If they decide to come over it could be a crazy day.

DonBo

Patience.........good luck!

monstermoose78

One just came across the brook and is gobbling like crazy. He is less than 100 yards from me. 

ANYFISH2

Another quiet morning.  Still a distant gobble here and there, though.

Sounded like our roost birds went west.  Sounded like they passed by near our other blind set up.  They stick with hens early so hopefully at break up some comes back this way.

2 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

One just came across the brook and is gobbling like crazy. He is less than 100 yards from me. 

Get 'em moose!

monstermoose78

I can’t seem this Tom yet but he close and going nuts

monstermoose78

He went silent. Hmmm he must be closer or something 

leech~~
14 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

He went silent. Hmmm he must be closer or something 

Put your cell phone down and get ready!! ?

monstermoose78

It’s been down he went behind the blind

• Wow 1

monstermoose78

Have not heard much for a while now but I got all day

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Well I had a hen walk out and then I took a power nap in the blind.

5DB36CA2-2143-49FE-8FB7-828408BF9C58.jpeg

Mike89

and then you woke up to what????   good luck!!!!

monstermoose78

Sweat running down my face.

eyeguy 54

thats when tom walked by

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Cleaned a small shooting lane behind my blind. I have a lone hen out in front and heard some gobbling. I also heard three shotgun blasts so far. No gobbles in my field yet.

monstermoose78

A few gobbles across the brook yet and now some half gobbles on my side. Let’s hope one of these turkeys messes up.a big deer is in the field now.

monstermoose78

Update a beaver sighted

A7901182-7095-4E18-A851-5260769301D5.jpeg

0FA87AF0-8317-4684-A3CA-079C15E66081.jpeg

Tom Sawyer

Your video doesn't play...

ANYFISH2

Isaac and I back out again this morning.  Pretty active morning so far.  8 birds have been spotted so far, 1 tom a couple jakes and the rest hens.

Lone tom and lone jake, neither even looked at the decoy.  Had a place in mind they wanted to be i guess.  Kind strange.

Had another strutter behind us at thirty 30yds, full tail fan, but a short beard.  Not sure if it was a jake or short bearded tom.  5 hens took him away!

monstermoose78
1 hour ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Isaac and I back out again this morning.  Pretty active morning so far.  8 birds have been spotted so far, 1 tom a couple jakes and the rest hens.

Lone tom and lone jake, neither even looked at the decoy.  Had a place in mind they wanted to be i guess.  Kind strange.

Had another strutter behind us at thirty 30yds, full tail fan, but a short beard.  Not sure if it was a jake or short bearded tom.  5 hens took him away!

Bummer. I am going out for afternoon hunt

Good luck guys

gimruis

I have season D which starts on Wednesday.  The weather aint looking so great for turkey hunting this week - lots of rain forecasted.

monstermoose78

It’s going to be 85 today. No decoys our today gobbles and a bird is shaking it’s feathers very close it might be a loud mouth hen.

monstermoose78

Nice bird congrats