• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Panfish Pics

eyeguy 54

Lake Minnetonka is by far the best "metro" area lake for crappie numbers and size.  That's the lake I primarily fish in the spring time and its relatively easy to catch 10-12 inchers.

I have an issue getting anything bigger than about 12.5 inches though, and I've tried for years.  I see people that come into the crappie contest weigh in every spring with 15 to 17 inchers and it blows my mind.  I would trade limit after limit of 12 inchers for just ONE of those 16 inchers.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, gimruis said:

Lake Minnetonka is by far the best "metro" area lake for crappie numbers and size.  That's the lake I primarily fish in the spring time and its relatively easy to catch 10-12 inchers.

I have an issue getting anything bigger than about 12.5 inches though, and I've tried for years.  I see people that come into the crappie contest weigh in every spring with 15 to 17 inchers and it blows my mind.  I would trade limit after limit of 12 inchers for just ONE of those 16 inchers.

meh a 12 inch crappie tastes the same as a 16 incher!!!!!!👍🤗

just rassin ya gim!!!!!!!😉

• Yayyyy 2

16 hours ago, smurfy said:

meh a 12 inch crappie tastes the same as a 16 incher!!!!!!👍🤗

just rassin ya gim!!!!!!!

Any thoughts on where and how to find these elusive super sized slabs?  I assume that a 16 incher is not going to be hanging out in a school of 11 inchers, so if that's what I'm catching, I need to move.

1 hour ago, gimruis said:

Any thoughts on where and how to find these elusive super sized slabs?  I assume that a 16 incher is not going to be hanging out in a school of 11 inchers, so if that's what I'm catching, I need to move.

nope notda clue. first i've never even been anywhere's close to lake minnetonka much less on it.........and secondly i head north, not south mainly to fish.  and lastly, the crappie is down on the list of fish i chase.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, smurfy said:

the crappie is down on the list of fish i chase.

Its near the bottom for me too.  I give it about 3-4 trips in the spring after ice out but once gamefish/opener starts, that's the end of the line for me.  So my window of opportunity is brief...and so is my knowledge.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
29 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Made it out for a bit on Monday.  Wind was crazy, found some good ones though...few bonus fish too.

IMG_20230220_074509585~2.jpg

IMG_20230220_074615038~2.jpg

IMG_20230220_073442067.jpg

Was the water clear there? 😉

• Yayyyy 1

7 hours ago, smurfy said:

👍i owe you this!!!!!!! nice that eyeguy let you take pictures of HIS fish!!!!!!🤭🤣

Other way around... I let the old coot take pics of my fish. He never remembers who caught them...😁  

• Yayyyy 2

7 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Was the water clear there? 😉

Nope, but that spot on Clearwater has a bunch of good bluegills on it

• Yayyyy 2

On 2/19/2023 at 9:43 AM, smurfy said:

Another day 

IMG_20230210_182102323~2.jpg

Glad someone eats those rough fish next to the gills. Makes my stomach uneasy 

• Yayyyy 2

15 hours ago, Kettle said:

Glad someone eats those rough fish next to the gills. Makes my stomach uneasy 

🤣yea kettle...thats all my brothers doing. he's a cheesehead now, they eat anything. but he lives near the Wisconsin river and has more walleyes then most normal walleye fisherman get. 

those bass especially the bigger ones went through the smoker.  the other ones he probably fried up , if i catch a bass, i do keep it and give it to my stepdad....another cheesehead!!!!1 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1
  • l Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, smalliehunter said:

391FBCBC-F820-4E9D-9093-E936D68B7B07.thumb.jpeg.57f3c48ae89267e98bf227315ebd4388.jpegD6AE373C-C0C1-4A02-BFFB-C2B9D5E7611C.thumb.jpeg.73951dd46e96b7cecca53a11347eb7ce.jpegA9644CBB-AFE4-4BA9-A1BA-14E910011FE0.thumb.jpeg.9d79275e3e3447812fa12390e4f6ee20.jpeg5EC973B9-7864-4ECF-BF40-102BD8552C3C.thumb.jpeg.c64ea4d158979a056390fd43f9863e5b.jpegHad the big house out Tuesday and Wednesday. Did pretty good.  Fishing weeds in 11ft

Glad to see you got some dandies 

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed something in the pictures of the fish in my previous post that show up on my phone but not here. The little icon in the lower right. When I touch it, up pops the email of the author of the newspaper article that the phone detected. Maybe the phone is too smart!!😜

pic1--.jpg

pic 2-.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

3 hours ago, Hookmaster said:

I noticed something in the pictures of the fish in my previous post that show up on my phone but not here. The little icon in the lower right. When I touch it, up pops the email of the author of the newspaper article that the phone detected. Maybe the phone is too smart!!😜

pic1--.jpg

pic 2-.jpg

He wanted his fish Back!  :grin: