• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ANYFISH2

Crappie/Sunfish

Wanderer
1 hour ago, Rick G said:

20170315_135141.jpg

If you hold it out some and hide your fingers a little,

it'll look bigger...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

eyeguy 54

cmon guys, save some of those big crappies for next week ! !  LOL 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

What is your go to set up for crappies and gills? 

My go set up is a snitch with a Number 8 inline reel spooled with 3 pound test with a 1/64 oz pug bug jig with a maki mino the white with red flakes. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Rick
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, monstermoose78 said:

What is your go to set up for crappies and gills? 

My go set up is a snitch with a Number 8 inline reel spooled with 3 pound test with a 1/64 oz pug bug jig with a maki mino the white with red flakes. 

Good one ... any other specific brands :) 

other than the Maki and Pug bug of course :D 

eyeguy 54

I am still liking the #8 reels also.  Chekai and Majmun tungsten from Custom Jigs are taking over the jig box for plastics but lottsa other stuff in it also. Impulse mayflies are my go to for the plastics. Can use them whole or pinch them to different sizes. K & E Tackle Skandia Tungsten Moon Jigs are also a favorite for euros. Also like the Powerbait Ice Wishbone.  went to 95 % plastic last winter. Will probably try more plastics this winter. 

• Like 2

monstermoose78

I Rarely use live bait for gills or crappies. Plastic is great but there is a learning curve. If any one is interested in  tagging along this winter let me know. I fish with that @eyeguy 54 sometimes..

eyeguy 54

we gotta get together a few more times moose :) 

• Like 1

monstermoose78
5 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

we gotta get together a few more times moose :) 

i would like that. I have some lakes I need to explore. 

• Like 1

JeremyCampbell

This will be my kids first year ice fishing.Going to be a blast watching there little hands reeling in panfish.

• Like 3

monstermoose78

My other set up is a st croix silver ultra light spring bobber rods with a black Betty inline reel with 2 pound test I use 2-2.5 mm tungsten jigs and just the tail of a maki poli. I have two other st croix spring bobber rods with spinning reels and 3 pound test with a custom painted fat boy style jig it gets tipped with a wax worm. The other is set with diamond jig white in color and is tipped with a wax worm normally.

There are many other set ups but they don't get used anymore.

eyeguy 54

having a tough time getting away from my old ultralight gander rods with the frabil titanium spring on them. I did get a 27 inch UL ticklestick to try on the deeper water crappies last year but not able to use it yet. 

monstermoose78
27 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

having a tough time getting away from my old ultralight gander rods with the frabil titanium spring on them. I did get a 27 inch UL ticklestick to try on the deeper water crappies last year but not able to use it yet. 

That is a solid combo eyeguy. I have a few couple of them as well. I will say if you try a st croix they seem to much more sensitive I know the cost is higher. I need to go through all my gear again and purge stuff I don't use. It seems to build up like crazy.