• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

PSU

Agreed Bigfatbert! The closest to our location (Frazer/Smarts) is Wolf Bay and we arent too fond of their offerings, set up, etc....We do make the trek to Vermilion Club 5 or 6 times a summer, which we always enjoy but always dicey getting a boat slip.....Wish there was a closer options.....

SkunkedAgain

My personal experience with one of the owners -- I don't know which one -- was extremely positive. One of them plowed open the public landing so that I could pull my boat out of the lake after the 2ft blizzard in Nov'2016. He was very nice and helpful. On the other hand, I couldn't stand what they did to The Landing from an operations standpoint. The place looks beautiful but the prices and experience were not what I wanted, so I stopped going. Hopefully the new owners have a feel for what is wanted. There seems to be plenty of feedback on here and Facebook to guide the new owners towards success.

BRULEDRIFTER

54518876_10214040044300341_559153820806938624_n.jpg.5cbf1e0d02f532222558ba0d3a04c5ee.jpg

Found this in the comments off the FB post. Sounds like the new owner will appreciate all of his customers, not just  the yuppies. 

• Thumbs Up 2

delcecchi
Posted (edited)

It sounds like they will be absentee owners with hired management.     I find that worrisome, but have my fingers crossed.   

It seems like places do better when the owners badly need them to be successful and are there pouring beer or scooping ice cream.

ps...

Note, reading the above article makes it sound much more promising.  I'm pulling for them. 

Edited by delcecchi

CigarGuy
Posted (edited)

From "The Landings" Facebook page.                                                                                                       New owners Matt Litherland and Sahand Elmtalab, kitchen manager David Wardas, and service manager Brandie Heidenway would like to welcome everyone back to The Landing! We are very excited to be a part of the community and look forward to seeing you very soon. Our tentative opening day is May 1, 2019. Please check back for upcoming events and news. Here's to a great summer and open water!                                                                                                             Good luck to them, hoping for a great successful business!

Edited by CigarGuy

SkunkedAgain

Well the water is open next to The Landing! I saw a few folks there last Friday, likely working to get the place set up. I'll definitely be stopping in for beers.

BRULEDRIFTER

So pumped to have this place back again! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bob Schultz

We loved the landing prior to the “new owners” and there changes to menu , prices , servers , and bartenders/ ie over all atmosphere.  My wife and I would eat there some 3/4 times a week during our cabin trip.  

Just hoping the new owners return the place back to the way it was ( fish fry, cheap burger night , great nachos , walleye sandwich,  pizza , 2$ tappers etc…… 

Throw in the best mlb game of the day or sports center and we will be back 3/4 times a week.

Really wishing them well for the coming season … 

• l Love It 1

BRULEDRIFTER

I think it took a true idiot /snob/pr!ck to ruin a place like the Landing.  I see that place as a total money maker and only wish I had the financial backing to have made a move to purchase it. Especially with Bayview out of the picture ,that place could be/should be the hottest place on the lake.  Absolutely no reason that place can't be packed from open to close on a daily basis. 

The vibe I'm getting from the new ownership is they are going to bring it back to more of a sports bar/destination bar on the lake.  I think they have heard the community and will be responding in kind.  I look forward to  boating over and enjoying some brews and food on that patio again this summer.

Skibo

@BRULEDRIFTER We're on the east end of the lake, and we're all hoping that the Landing opens and thrives.  It is a great boat ride to the west end to have lunch.  Just an aside,  I talked to Ryan Horan three weeks ago and was told by him that they plan to have Bayview open for Fishing Opener.  The "Permanently Closed" sign is down on Hwy 77.  He also told me that they are putting in a completely new docking system that will accommodate more Bayview boats, and have reserved docks for the new campground.  We'll wait and see.  No opinions here, just stating what I was told by RH.

• Thumbs Up 2

MN BassFisher
On 4/19/2019 at 1:44 PM, Skibo said:

@BRULEDRIFTER We're on the east end of the lake, and we're all hoping that the Landing opens and thrives.  It is a great boat ride to the west end to have lunch.  Just an aside,  I talked to Ryan Horan three weeks ago and was told by him that they plan to have Bayview open for Fishing Opener.  The "Permanently Closed" sign is down on Hwy 77.  He also told me that they are putting in a completely new docking system that will accommodate more Bayview boats, and have reserved docks for the new campground.  We'll wait and see.  No opinions here, just stating what I was told by RH.

Interesting...

I will be up on Vermilion this weekend opening up the wife's family cabin and back up again for Fishing Opener. I am looking forward to checking out what the new owners have done with The Landing.

bassbouncer

I was in the Landing today to do some troubleshooting. Looks the same as it did. They’re working at getting ready. 

• Thumbs Up 1

CigarGuy
39 minutes ago, bassbouncer said:

I was in the Landing today to do some troubleshooting. Looks the same as it did. They’re working at getting ready. 

How's the ice melt looking?

Nix769
On 4/19/2019 at 1:44 PM, Skibo said:

Arch at the VC has bought the Bayview. Rv Park will be seperate and owned by another party.  Memorial Wknd opening is a highly aggressive goal with sometime in June more realistic. Should be great synergy between the two bars.  Best of luck to Arch!

• Thumbs Up 2

bassbouncer
22 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

How's the ice melt looking?

About 1/2 gone. Should be all gone by Monday or so

• Thumbs Up 1

bassbouncer
Posted (edited)

Well I’m sitting at the landing waiting for my food to come. Menu looks great, pricing is decent, place is filling up, it is awesome to have this place normal again. Ice out was yesterday for the whole lake. 

Edited by bassbouncer
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

CigarGuy

Are they officially open? Heard they might be having a private deal for Raps Rd folks.

bassbouncer

Open as far as I can tell. About 80 people in here and I know most of them

CigarGuy
34 minutes ago, bassbouncer said:

Open as far as I can tell. About 80 people in here and I know most of them

That's because you do so much business in the area with all the different stuff you do😀.....and mighty good at them all!

• Thanks 1

Raven77

I will be there next weekend.  Can't wait to check it out!

bassbouncer
59 minutes ago, CigarGuy said:

That's because you do so much business in the area with all the different stuff you do😀.....and mighty good at them all!

Uh oh someone else who knows me and I have no idea who you are...

CigarGuy
27 minutes ago, bassbouncer said:

Uh oh someone else who knows me and I have no idea who you are...

We've met before-3 or 4 times. I could leave this a mystery, but how about a clue or two. Your came out to my place a few years ago (special-home service call) and worked on an older skidoo I used to have. You put on a new windshield and took care of some flooding issues I was having. Clue #2 you did some wiring for a neighbor (Ron) who installed a new generator a year or so ago. If I walked your shop, you probably wouldn't recognize me.

SkunkedAgain

My guess is that you're Mr. Caruthers, the caretaker of the creepy castle.

image.png.6d7a484674488e4a0f99026098c9c41a.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

JV Ham Lake

What's the latest on The Landing?  Anyone been there recently and have any reports on the food and hospitality?

redlabguy

We stopped by this afternoon. Good food, drink, service and general vibe. It’s a good place.