• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Phalen

SaintPaulPaul

13 hours ago, TheQuackAddict said:

Any more reports going on for this lake? Thinking about heading out tomorrow for some pike/panfish, do people ever spear out here?

I haven't been out there in a week as I've been trying my luck on Lake Elmo, which is close to my house. Limited success there, some small pike and tigers. But Phalen should be getting prime with the warm temps coming up and the pike start to stage for spawn. Yes, there are a couple of guys that spear out there, but are pretty far and few in between. You would have to spear via a portable as no permanent shacks are allowed. Good luck out there.

We checked er out, it was slow, had some small pike come through. Water was cloudier than I anticipated, but oh well. My buddy was jigging for perch, when he released one a nice pike came flying through and slurped it up! I don't have a perm shack anyway! I wanna check this lake out earlier in the season, found out too late about it! May have to try it again before the season closes.

Edited by TheQuackAddict
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...

Thanks Kyle. It's been too cold, even with a porty, to get out. This weekend looks promising though. Get to try out the new Ion.