• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Since a full morning of not being able to get a bite on Thursday, thinks have really improved for me. Yesterday I had to work pretty hard but I got my 4 plus a few over 20" with 24" being the biggest. This morning those pods of fish were getting more aggressive. We dropped our lines at 730 on the first pod of fish and had 4 keepers in 20 minutes. It's amazing how the depth finder can go to solid fish to a disappearing act in seconds.  At about 930 we found the next pod thicker than snot and again we got 4 in 20 minutes and we were done. The difference for me out there is the fish we are on  now are up more on the gravel vs the mud.....in that 22-25' range. Yesterday all my fish came in leeches. Today it was back to a half crawler. I unfortunately have to leave tomorrow. I think the bite is really going to take off here. It was fun running into some of you guys out there. Cliff I saw you, not sure you knew who I was but I was in my black crestliner. I'll be reading the reports the next 6 weeks until I'm up again for a week in the middle of August!

• Thumbs Up 2

Was great seeing you and trading stories through out the week Jamie, you much like Mark are a true lake rat. I know the  type :grin:. Persistence and hours on the water certainly pay great dividends, and the best of bites are usually hard earned. Maybe we will save some for your return, or, maybe not? :D:P

Casey

• Thumbs Up 3

Can't wait to break out the lead upon my return Casey. That's a usually pretty reliable bite!

• Thumbs Up 2