• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)

Well it looks like we're going to have some incredible weather for this weekend. Judging by the number of boats getting pulled around the area I think most of you already know that grin. Well it's been a few days since our last major front moved through and with some nice stable weather in our forecast fishing should not only be enjoyable but also very productive.

I had a few walleye trips this week and every day we got further from that last front the better the fishing has gotten. Last night we hit the water around 5:30 and it didn't take long to find fish as they seem to be holding in the same general areas they've been in the past couple weeks. I've been finding most of my fish right on the weed lines or right in the weeds, so depending on the lake that's been anywhere from 7'-18' feet of water. Crawlers should be in full swing right now but I'm still having most of my luck lindy rigging leeches and shiners. Below are a couple pics from last night. My client managed a nice limit and the bite was so good he let me join in on the fun toogrin Thanks for the great company the last couple days and I look forward to seeing you back for that secret Fall bite...shhh whistle I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend fishing and boating up here in Alexandria. Have a great fourth of July!

Nice windy day walleye CPR'd

P1010323-1.jpg

Another nice walleye CPR'd

P1010325-1.jpg

Nice Limit of eaters!

P1010332.jpg

I got to have a little fun too!

P1010336.jpg

2 of us spent 3 hours on Andrew on Thursday - one 16 incher to show for it.

3 of us spent 5 hours on Miltona on Friday - one 27 incher to show for it.

2 of us spent spent 4 hours on Lobster on Saturday - a 21 and 17 incher for that effort.

29 hours of fishing for 4 stinking walleyes! Clealry we picked the wrong weedlines to focus on. Even with lousy fishing we still had a relaxing weekend!

fished out on the float tube yesterday. i started on the southern bay on lehommedieu, around governments point. to the lagoon behind 3 havens, and to bugaboo bay. got a good limit of jumbo perch just off the edge of the flat off N Nokomis NE. almost every single one was 10" with 2 at 11". drifting or slow trolling plastics were the trick. i didnt have any live bait, but im sure minnows would kill em

Well I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the fish have moved into there summer haunts and wont be moving much here for the next few months. Our best luck has been taking bottom bouncers and going fast along break lines and then as soon as we locate a school sit on them with leeches. It has been working really effectivly. Fish are in that 18 to 22 foot range on the weed line altought on some lakes we have been fishing right in the weeds and doing well. We are still getting the Big Fish which are fun for photos and then the nice eater size 15 to 18 inchers to boot. Here are a few pictures from last weeks trips.

jeffw22incher.jpg Jeff with a 22 incher caught and released.

Frankw26incher.jpg Frank with a Nice 26 incher

frankw25incher.jpg Frank with another 25 on a different Night.

Then For the Bass my brother and I have been out and about Fishing the shallows with Microdawgs and doing well.

reidbassmicrodawg.jpg Reid with a 19 and 1/2 incher

After that cast I took the pole away and then next cast or two casts later I got this one. Both were caught on Micro Dawgs.

Drakebassmicrodawg.jpg Almost the same fish but only 19 1/4 inches

Nice Fish HH,

Thanks for the update.

What speed are you draging the bottom bouncers at??

just wondering... who talked to me when i was out float tubing on le homme dieu? they obviously knew me. from this site for sure. but i couldnt figure out who it was...

Heading up for a week at Betsy Ross resort on Lake Ida tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for all the reports.

My current plan is to fish Ida primarily, but I want to get over to Miltona due to the higher walleye count AND muskie. Also, reports of a bumper crop of bluegills on Minnewaska has peaked my interest.

jwink, if you're staying on Ida you won't need to drive to waska for sunfish! I hope you have a good week and good luck fishin!

In my limited experience on Miltona if you fish walleyes on the breaks with crawlers in less than 20' you'll catch plenty of decent sunfish there too.

All the nice sunfish you could want in Ida. Bounce around the weed lines and you should run into them. Many times you may have to weight down the lure some to get it down to some larger ones.

Thanks for the advice on the sunfish. I need to get on the water so I quit buying more fishing tackle.

Depends if you're just looking for action or you want larger fish. I know there are some larger fish out on the deep weed edge. Talked to people that were catching them this week while walleye fishing. Otherwise for action. Grab a spinner bait and cover some water.

i am going for walleye tomorrow.

the people i am going wit got a 26, a 27, and a 28 wednesday morning

here is ricks 25" er from today

101_1104.jpg

we were using crawlers on lindy rigs in 18-40 FOW

we seen many fish at all depths.

i had one on that was a bit bigger than ricks. but gail (ricks wife) had a bass, that got tangled in my line. and the walleye broke off.

i was using a double snell. the hooks 4" apart, hooking the worm so it spinns a bit while being trolled

Week on Ida staying at the Betsy Ross resort was a great time. All the bass and sunfish one could handle. Wed evening had the classic calm with the bass hitting the surface. I twitched a shad rap on the surface wherever they were and caught and released about 15. I was able to introduce my son Sam's girlfriend to fishing that night and I believe she is hooked.

Big zero on the walleyes. Dragged leeches both early and late in the day on humps and other recommended locations. One night we even had a guy offer to put us on a spot when he heard us talking to the resort owner on the cell phone. We took him up on it, but still no walleye.

Also pulled crankbaits on planer boards one day with no fish to show for it. Needless to say, my boat mates recommended getting back to the weeklines for more bass.

Week on Ida staying at the Betsy Ross resort was a great time. All the bass and sunfish one could handle. Wed evening had the classic calm with the bass hitting the surface. I twitched a shad rap on the surface wherever they were and caught and released about 15. I was able to introduce my son Sam's girlfriend to fishing that night and I believe she is hooked.

Big zero on the walleyes. Dragged leeches both early and late in the day on humps and other recommended locations. One night we even had a guy offer to put us on a spot when he heard us talking to the resort owner on the cell phone. We took him up on it, but still no walleye.

Also pulled crankbaits on planer boards one day with no fish to show for it. Needless to say, my boat mates recommended getting back to the weeklines for more bass.

the walleyes are on the weedlines. you should have treid trolling lindy righs and crawlers or leeches along the weelines in 15 to 20 feet. and also try in 30 feet right off the weedlines

I had the same results as jwink and I used lindy rigs all weekend with crawlers and leaches. Fished from 7 FOW to 30 FOW, and 0 eyes. Never caught a bass in 27 FOW before.

I had the same results as jwink and I used lindy rigs all weekend with crawlers and leaches. Fished from 7 FOW to 30 FOW, and 0 eyes. Never caught a bass in 27 FOW before.

here is a big beautiful bass from last year that rick caught in 37 FOW on latoka with a lindy rig and a crawler. some true hogs lurk in deeper waters.picture doesnt do it justice but oh well.

08-30-08_1624.jpg

i have a little theory that i am going to try, that i have no doubt will produce some big bass. only thing is, i need a boat to do it.

Well guys and gals the fishing around the area has remained fairly steady with most of the walleyes being caught at low light periods either morning or evening. During the day it has slowed some but we found that if you move alittle faster with spinners it has really triggered the bites. We have been looking for water in low light periods between the depths of 5 and 12 feet of water and during the day 17 to 20 feet of water. Pull plugs has become very productive after dark with leadcore or deep running Cranks. Bass have for the most part moved out to the weedlines and in the real thick cover. Crappies are still out in the cabbage and will most likely stay out there for the rest of the summer try flu-flus. Good luck to all those heading out should be a great week for fishing. Email me if you have any questions or concerns.

Well guys and gals the fishing around the area has remained fairly steady with most of the walleyes being caught at low light periods either morning or evening. During the day it has slowed some but we found that if you move alittle faster with spinners it has really triggered the bites. We have been looking for water in low light periods between the depths of 5 and 12 feet of water and during the day 17 to 20 feet of water. Pull plugs has become very productive after dark with leadcore or deep running Cranks. Bass have for the most part moved out to the weedlines and in the real thick cover. Crappies are still out in the cabbage and will most likely stay out there for the rest of the summer try flu-flus. Good luck to all those heading out should be a great week for fishing. Email me if you have any questions or concerns.

hey drake. what kind of cranks do you recommend for walleye this time of year?

I like my reef runners otherwise I really like the minnow raps over the past few years. Jake send me an email when you get a chance too.

Drake,

Im interested in fishing in one of your charters, can you throw me an email and let me know your rates, and what dates might work. Thanks,

Kyle

[email protected]

• The title was changed to 2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)
  • The topic was pinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured