• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)

Anyone fish lake mary? if so, hows the catching? headin to bigfoot resort thurs.

Anyone fish lake mary? if so, hows the catching? headin to bigfoot resort thurs.

i havent fished it personally. but some friends of mine fished it over the weekend. did ok with the walleyes. but good with panfish. they got 2 limits of crappies. many of them were over 12"

the only trouble of fishing mary right now... it takes a while to find the fish

Jake, have the crappies and sunfish spawned already on Osakis? I will be up there all next week. Thanks.

they shouldnt have. they are just starting to make their beds on le homme dieu. and osakis tends to be a little later LHD. all i know is that they are biting both shallow, and deep on most lakes. especially the chain. i have been getting them as shallow as 8" and as deep as 20'

Not sure if you were asking me or not, but we caught them all

in under 8', trolling shallow shad raps. We used the east ramp, trolled some of the south shore early, with nothing, then hit the flats, caught 5 out there, then headed back south of the access and trolled north up to the access, that's where we caught the rest. Seemed pretty scattered, no doubles, or even bites within 5 minutes. I was very happy to see very few other trollers out there, it's about impossible on Ottertail during the weekends.

Mike

Any reports on weights for the Spring Walleye Classic, from day 1 yesterday on the Chain. How many teams entered?

Final results for the Alexandria Chain Spring Walleye Classic are posted on the tournament forum page.

you that bass and crappie.

got them shore fishing on osakis. was back down there yesterday, and there was almost nothing

Traveled back up to Alexandria this weekend. Kinda was a weekend getaway thing, but we did do some fishing... Ran into some walleyes about 9:00PM casting 3" Gulp minnows and Rapala Countdowns in about 7 ft of water.. It was fast and furious until rain and lightning chased us off... We only had about 30 min of action, but boated about 9 eyes. Kept 6 for shore lunch the next day.. Wife caught her 1st walleye ever and a big bluegill about 10 inches. Had some perch action earlier in the day too but really had to sort for size.

Found the phone.. Here's a crappy cell phone pic of my first "ski" from Lake Miltona...

33xwiev.jpg

Over the past few days I have been staying at my moms fiancés house (yes, he finally proposed), Which will be my new home (for a year while I take some generals at Alex tech) after September 10th (wedding day)

the first part of the day, was graduation. And of course…. Both me and my mom broke out the water works… (I really never thought I would graduate from high school…)

GetAttachment-2.jpg

afterward we had a big family dinner at pizza ranch. And then parted ways. I went home, and packed my rods, tackle and float tube. To explore my new home, and regular stomping grounds. It was a 20 minute drive from alex before I reached my destination. A beautiful home, built by the man who would soon be my step-father, nestled along side a tiny, unpressured lake.

Me and my brother pitched a tent in the backyard. And I got a bit of fishing in with nothing to show for it but a whole bunch of slop, and weeds around my hook almost every cast. I eventually found a clear area and was just wasting time catching small perch, and sunfish, and the occasional little largemouth.

Soon it was supper time. Afterward I decided to give it one last go, the sun was setting and I tied on a skitter walk. And waded into the water. First cast a small bass blows up on the lure, jumping about a foot out of the water only to miss it. The next cast I got him. A little 1lber

I waded away from the only clear area that didn’t have slop, and cabbage growing all the way up to the surface. I caught bundles of weeds after bundles of weeds. But I kept going. I eventually had wandered out onto a shallow bar, full of weeds, And was casting around. The sun had set, and I was barely able to see my lure skating across the surface of the water. It was the second cast in the area and I brought the lure all the way back to within 10 feet of me, until I started just cranking it in to cast again. Once the lure was about 5 feet away, the water exploded, and my rod doubled over, line was peeling off my reel.

After quite a fight I was able to lip the fish.

DSCN3986.jpg

I showed it to brad (moms fiancé) and he said that that is a “nice” fish. But they get much bigger in that lake. He lived on the lake his entire life, and has seen quite a few 7lbers caught.

(the lake also has a good population of 14+” crappies. 15+lb pike. And some very nice walleyes)

Well… to make a long story short, I picked up a spro frog, and spro bronzeeye frog popper. As well as a bunch of zoom horny toads, and some YUM money hounds, so we could fish topwater without a majority of the weeds.

My new home did nothing but impress me

RSCN4019.jpg

Over

RSCN3991.jpg

And over

FSCN4014.jpg

And over

DSCN4022.jpg

And over

DSCN4021.jpg

And over…

DSCN4016.jpg

And over…

DSCN4011.jpg

And over again…

DSCN4004.jpg

My new home has proven that not only does it have the capability of producing big fish, but producing big fish consistently! And this is only within about 30 feet of shore. Who knows what could be lurking further out there! Who knows, maybe even a state record could be lurking somewhere out there….

Going up to my grandmas house and am going to go fishing all week for crappies does any body know if they have been biteing on victoria (crappies)???

Going up to my grandmas house and am going to go fishing all week for crappies does any body know if they have been biteing on victoria (crappies)???

from boat or from shore?

right now its basically just find the weedlines, find the fish

nice small creek walleye from yesterday.

ignore the face... brother isnt too good with taking pictures... he likes to take pictures when im not ready... lol

DSCN4029.jpg

Sorry i wasnt' able to get out with you yesterday Jake. Had a couple family things that needed taking care of. What's your schedule like next week?

Sorry i wasnt' able to get out with you yesterday Jake. Had a couple family things that needed taking care of. What's your schedule like next week?

after the 30th ill be open tuesday wednesday and thursday, every week. and until about 3 on friday, saturday, sunday, monday.

im working quite a few day shifts at rudys filling in for a person thats on vacation. but that is only until like 2.

ive been fishing a bunch of areas, mainly for carp. but i found some very nice bluegills on lake louise.

sunset strip. use a light jig and tube. i was using a silver tube. drop it in the current. let the current take it out a ways, then pull the jig out of the current, so you are fishing the edge of it.

Fished lake victoria all last week it was pretty slow off the dock but the bass seemed to bite when wind was blowing into the dock my biggest was 1 pound 7 ounce, but I also caught a sunfish as big as my head.

Guys and Gals I just wanted to give a quick report on the area for the 4th of July. With the water temperatures getting this high the fishing has slowed some for walleyes. Many of the walleyes that people and myself are catching are during low light periods, I mean early or Late! For the most part people are catching the fish on the weed edges in the 17 to 22 foot range. The best bait as of this past week has been night crawlers or leeches. I think that if you want to move slow you use the leeches and if you want to cover some ground go with the night crawler. Most people are lindy rigging this time of year but I have heard a few good reports with jigs and leeches.

As for Crappies and sunfish most of the sunfish have moved up into the shallows to spawn so many of the reed patches and docks with people holding sunfish. I would use a flu-flu or small jig tipped with a leech or night crawler under a bobber. As for the crappies they can be caught in the cabbage weeds in that 12 to 14 foot range. I would use a small white twistertail over the weeds to catch the crappies!

I will post some pictures of last weeks lunkers when I get a chance to upload the photos. Good luck to all of you over the 4th! Be Safe their are going to be alot of people out! Let me know if you guys have any questions or conerns about certain lakes just send an email or give me a call! Good luck!

Heading up there next week. Wondering the condition of pocket lake? Last year at the same time it was pea soup green and the water was about 2 ft low. Hoping that the level is a little higher and maybe the algae bloom isn't as bad? The fishing was slow, but the bass were big, so I'm hoping the numbers will be up this year. Thanks for any info wink

normal water level... algea bloom isnt too bad on the north side. clarity of about 2-3ft there.

tip for fishing bass on pocket. go with weedless, topwater frogs. buzz frogs, horny toads, spro frogs, etc. fish even the thickest slop out there. and there could be some HAWGs

i got these in a lake close to pocket on topwater in slop!

RSCN3991-1.jpg

if you find weedlines, lipless cranks, spinnerbaits, jigs, and worms in dark colors will catch alot of fish. and probably nice ones.

wouldnt be a very bad idea to throw out a bobber and a big shiner in an area that you know has bass wink

Last year the clarity was literally only a few inches. Buzzbaits provided most of the action if I remember correctly. Night time crappies and 'eyes from shore provided most of the action, hopefully they'll be going too. Thanks for the tips wink

• The title was changed to 2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)
  • The topic was pinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured