• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)

What are you looking for? I have not heard any great reports but no real bad ones either. Lots of small eyes being caught on miltona. Some nights a guy can pull in 20-30 but almost all are 12" or less! Fun for a night or two but not enough keepers, although I have heard there are a number of people keeping those small ones.

Found some nice crappies 10-13"ers and some nice gills, took about 60 holes to find them but paid of in the end. We only kept the 8 crappies we needed and realeased the rest and had a great time.

Where's the hot bite tomorrow? Glenwood,Alex,Grove...?I've had not much luck at all this year; anywhere.I have not caught a fish this year through the ice that was big enough to keep.

I'm trying to find some walleye. I live in Stillwater and want to make a day trip somewhere. I was thinking of Miltona, but am open to any suggestions. I'd like to keep it within about 2hrs from Stillwater, so the Alex area would be right there.

Fished Miltona on Sunday on the North end, started in about 28' did not see any fish. We moved into about 8' and latched on the perch. Found that if I used fatheads we would hit the bigger perch.

Also fished Ida and caught a pike and some gills.

Good fishing.

Fished Miltona on Sunday on the North end, started in about 28' did not see any fish. We moved into about 8' and latched on the perch. Found that if I used fatheads we would hit the bigger perch.

seems to be the same all over the place. especially the chain. the perch are hitting for sure

Photo-0015.jpg

Photo-0016.jpg

Has anyone heard if the smaller lakes around Alex are producing fish? I just want to go out and catch me some dinner. Let me know thanks.

Has anyone heard if the smaller lakes around Alex are producing fish? I just want to go out and catch me some dinner. Let me know thanks.

send me an email

i can put you on some panfish

Hookem, we should hook up this weekend and head out somewhere... ill be around saturday if that works for you? and carp, nice video on the waska board... pretty cool...

• 3 weeks later...

thanks teach.

as for the report.... the season ended way to soon. i was planning on heading out off government point for some jumbo perch,m and the pike i was seeing last year.

oh well, ill still go get the perch. and ill be able to see the pike come in, they were pretty interested in the jigging spoons last year, thats almost as exciting

Perch are starting to bite, Was out tues. night brought home 9 9"-10", two 11" and one fat 12". Been along time since I have caught perch that size around here!!

Hey guys, I'm from Moorhead and will be in Alex on Saturday coaching a peewee game. Figured i'd just stay and look for some crappies or perch... was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

got this bass today while going for crappie! its great to fish some open water again! caught ALOT of small perch, and a couple keepers, but not enough for a meal. only caught two crappies today, but oh well.

P3010165.jpg

P3010167.jpg

With walleyes closing over this past weekend the lakes have cleared out for the most part. Many people are still out fishing for sunnies and crappies. The best bite has been during low light periods. Most fish are being caught on wax worms, eruo larva and crappie minnows. The best depths have ranged but on average 9 to 15 feet of water in the weeds. As for colors it has really varied but keep switching it up, generally dark colors on cloudy days and bright colors on bright days. There have a been a few reports of nice perch coming up shallow at depths between 6 and 8 feet of water. Good luck to all those who are heading out, we still have good solid ice of almost two feet.

Hey carpman was that you out in front of the pier on Geneva friday? If so you must of nailed them cause you didn't stay long!!

Hey carpman was that you out in front of the pier on Geneva friday? If so you must of nailed them cause you didn't stay long!!

yep that was me! great little session before going to work. sight fishing for perch is always fun! seemed like agressively jigging forage minnow jigs, (tipped with either a whole minnow, or a minnow head) was the way to go.

9c0ab914.jpg

if you go out there, be prepared to see quite a few pike! seen quite a few pike from 4-8lbs. really gets the adrenaline going when one of those babies fly in! it will scare the [PoorWordUsage] out of ya at times!

I was out there friday also. Further out and to the left of the accsess. Lot of little sunnies did bring home 4 10"-11" perch, nice fish. I snagged a few of those pike up by the pier on tip ups a few weeks back. lots of fun, still doesn't compare to tip up fishing on devils in ND were you can have 4 lines down though!

awesome! my biggest was only about 10. i missed one that would have been around 12, pulled the hook right out of its mouth.

next time you see me, feel free to stop by and wet a line!

i am going to be hitting geneva again soon, but ill be fishing a much larger area to try and find the jumbos.

I don't know if I'll get out this week or not. With this weather a guy might not have many days left. If I do get out I think I might try out in front of the culvert. It's been a few years since I've had much luck there but it might be due. Maybe I'll see you out there some time.

Anyone know who put up the rope and no trespassing sign in front of the culvert on Geneva? Is that actually private land? Seems like it would be right of way.

I have not seen it yet, if it is by the culvert that should be right of way. If it's closer to butch and nevs it could be private. I'll have to drive by today and look.

to all fisherman going out on the water during this hot period of winter,

the pike are VERY active. they have been flying in while i have been fishing for perch. they normal turn away after they get close to the jig.

here is a nice pike in 3 FOW while fishing for perch, pictured above.

ee63467f-2.jpg

about 3-4lbs. picture doesnt do it justice. seen quite a few well over 5 yesterday. with one looking to be over 8.

the perch bite is HOT right now. im not sure about sunfish and crappies tho.

i have been sight fishing in current, and shallow, weedy flats for perch

This would be a blast jake!! I'd love to get in on a few of those perch, when we goin? lol

This would be a blast jake!! I'd love to get in on a few of those perch, when we goin? lol

anytime. im free all week after school, except for tuesday. i work on fridays and saturdays. but im usually off on sundays.

give me a call. or text me.

320-766-0897

got out again tonight, despite the change in weather the fishing was good!

the average size was a bit bigger.

jumbo1.jpg

got my first shiner of 2010

shiner.jpg

the biggest perch i got came in when i was screwing around with 50 or so fingerling perch. as well as some shiners, with a tiny 1/100oz jig that i tied.

it just flew in and tried catching some of the fingerlings! it was crazy to see. i cranked up as fast as i could, and dropped down the forage minnow jig, and wammo!

GetAttachment-1.jpg

here is a little visitor that was staying in my hole

buggy.jpg

even had a 3-4lb walleye come in and hit! really cool to see! (no i did not land it)

i was fishing anywhere from 2-8 FOW!

probably the most suprising thing is.... i only seen ONE pike today!!!

im sure all anglers have been loving the warmer temperatures. but be careful out there! some cracks are plenty big enough to fish through! (which i was doing for about an hour catching sunfish today

crackfishing.jpg

well this past weekend the fishing was better than the previous couple. While I didnt get out my dad was out over the weekend and did well for both crappies and Pannies. He said that most of the lake around the area the ice is just starting to move away fromt he shore but only a foot or so off. He said alot of the lakes the water has dirtied some, which usually means the fishing is going to get really good soon(all the bugs and stuff start to flow in). Most of the ice has honey combed and with some wind and heat could really rip away the next week and weekend! For fishing Moonglows for the sunfish seemed to work best with waxworms or euro larvae! For the crappies he said, "they switched between minnows and waxworms". As for the depth they started to move up to the shallow water bays in roughly 6 to 9 feet of water, He said they would look for green weeds that are in bays or just outside. Sorry I dont have any pictures but with trips coming up next weekend and stuff, I will post some pictures. Good luck to all those heading out! let me know if people have any questions or concerns about specific lakes!

• The title was changed to 2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)
  • The topic was pinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured