• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was on the lake w/ my step son and his buddy today from 9 to 2.

We fished from the Duluth entry down to the Superior entry and back.

Water temps in the 36 degree range.

We stayed 40' and shallower and had 2 hits on dipsys and spoons but no hook ups.

We didn't graph a lot of fish, but we had more fish on the graph closer to the WI entry.

Most of them were suspended about 10-15' down.

Brian

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• certified jumbo

• Jarrid Houston

• Ross Pearson

• live4chrome

I got my first Two Harbors breakwall coho last week. It was pretty windy but you could cast into the inner harbor with the wind to your back. I guess it is obvious what kind of lure I was using. I think that one had rattles too. A buddy lost a similar sized one just minutes before.

This one measured 18.5". I forgot to weight it but I got over a pound and a half of filets out of it (yeah, I kept it LOL). And, yes, I am hooked now too! BTW, thanks too to all the wonderful posters on this thread. Thanks all for the tips.

full-27659-53074-thbreakwallcoho.jpg

Fished the park point area heavily yesterday with one hit, but no landed fish. marked a lot of smelt down low but no fish following the schools. I will continue to fish all throughout this week (wind permitting) looking for the cohos baby!

Any report Steve?

Hope the lake didn't beat you up too bad.

That wind was howling all day here in Deer River.

Brian

End of Park point was best for me. Pink n orange deep x rap and scatter minnow on leadcore were best. Bright baits or shinier smelt colored minnow baits did better than spoons on snap weights. About 35' n deeper was best. Lots of smelt out there.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been twelve day's since the last report for Superior. Just wondering if any of you were able to get out there this past weekend. The lake looked really smooth on Sunday. May try to get out there next weekend. Thanks. BC

Fished out of the Superior Entry yesterday. Ended with two coho and a 28" brown. I flubbed another brown at the boat that was at least as big as the one we caught. Frustrating to lose a fish that you have in the splash well. Bright stick baits were the bait of choice. No strikes on spoons run off lead core or dipsies.

Nice when ya get a brownie in the mix. Good to hear thing's may be picking up/getting warmer. BC