• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

I thought they said lower body. Which could mean headache to in grown toe nail the way they try and hide injuries. It is sad about J.P. I still have an autographed puck I got from him when I was a kid.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• Bear55

Reports are that two checks may have caught Parise. One from Burtuzzo early and one from Comeau late. The Comeau was a nasty crosscheck which was called.

The Prosser comment was directly related to him passing to the other team twice in the first period. Not like a deflect pass or a pressured , failed dump or anything. Literally, he looked the guy in the eye, and passed it to him. Tape to tape...just like he can't do to our team. Maybe he got caught up staring at Crosby. I don't know.

That first period was really tough to watch. We got a little pressured and clearly it got to us. We started just firing pucks up ice every chance we got to get out of our zone. Even when guys had 10ft around them with no pressure, they would just flip the puck out to the Pen's D men.

Brodin is playing hurt (hand, maybe hands)

Spurgeon needs to come back

Parise is now hurt, but we'll see how bad.

From the drop of the puck I could tell last night wasnt going to end well. They were very slow, both teams. It was painful to watch. I still had a glimmer of hope when they pumped that one in there, but it just wasnt in the cards. Well, now they have the bad taste in their mouth of losing at home. No more home losses!

Prosser was bad. I think Folin played relatively well. Dumba is still scaring the heck out of me though.

The nice thing about Dumba is that he is 19 and seems to a good play for each of is scary plays. If he continues to develop, he will be a solid offensive defenseman kind of like Burns was.

The nice thing about Dumba is that he is 19 and seems to a good play for each of is scary plays. If he continues to develop, he will be a solid offensive defenseman kind of like Burns was.
Yeah, I have not lost faith in him yet, but I dont remember getting this nervous about Brodin when he was a rookie. Maybe just spoiled. :-)

I have to remember that Folin is 23 too so he is much more seasoned. He also doesnt take chances like Dumba more of a stay at home style. Though he did rush the puck once so that was nice to see.

Funny you make the comparison to Burns. I was think the same thing the way he jumps up into the rush. You see more of his offensive side versus good D play which will come with experience.

Disappointing loss last night but fun none the less being there!

A couple questions not having my DVR with me at the game.

How did the pens 2nd goal go in ?... I hate bad angle goals.

And what was the deal on the almost wild goal that was reviewed? Was it in, whistled early or interference of some kind?

I havent had time to watch the replay.

Quote:
And what was the deal on the almost wild goal that was reviewed? Was it in, whistled early or interference of some kind?

sounds like the disallowed it because of incidental contact

Quote:
How did the pens 2nd goal go in ?... I hate bad angle goals.

that one was under Kuempers arm wasn't it? also known as a possible sieve location..

Quote:
Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise is not traveling with the team on their three-game road trip, head coach Mike Yeo said Wednesday.

Parise suffered an undisclosed upper body injury in Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins, where the Wild outshot the opposition 34-22. Parise did not play in the third period and is expected to meet with doctors Wednesday, Yeo said.

My favorite part of the game was the almost fight in the third. Looked like Brodziak could use a little aiming fluid. Seemed to give them some spark, but they were completely shut down from getting to the net the other 50 mins. Too much passing with this dismal power play. Start shooting the puck and get some rebounds.

I go back and forth on whether or not they should take more shots or be more patient, when they take a lot of shots they put them right on the goalies chest and we never seem to get the rebounds. We're suppose to have more skill now with Vanek, Pomminville, Nino etc. With the way we can move the puck, I say cycle on 5-5 and pass more on the PP and wait for quality chances.

I like the puck movement on the PP, but if it isn't working sometimes changing it up by shoot and crash will help. Force the other team to keep 3 below the dots to help protect the net and then that will/should open the points for better shot ops and tips.

Thoughts?

Parise out for the 3 game road trip.

upper body injury

I love how vague the injury statements are in the NHL.

Wondering if we will get to see Vanek up with Granlund and Pommers?

Sounds like that is the plan. What a bummer, pretty heavy schedule in the near term and Zach is our leader...time for others to step up!!!

Per Russo: "Parise has a concussion, says Yeo."

That sucks...a lot.

According to Yeo, yes, Vanek-Granny-Pommer will be the 1st line. VanGranVille. Sounds Dutch.

Scandella standing up for pommer after a guy tries to take his head off. This is the kind of toighness we need to see. Unfortunately the instigator penalty is there to protect the cheapshots.

Also, some prett suspect reffing tonight whistle

We need some D man depth. I know in the long run but hopefully before mid season Dumba and Folin should be better. Prosser is what he is. Backstrom is like he is on a 1 or 2 second delay.

Tough game, I wish Lapanta and Greenlay would stop bringing up the shots on goal every game. Yeah we outshot them 2-1, but they outscored us 3-0, and I really didn't think we outplayed them too much.

Anderson was a brick wall out there, whereas Backstrom was swiss cheese.

Yep missing Harding right now, at the same time its pretty hard to win a game with 0 goals but I guess this is what it felt like for other teams who use to completely outplay the wild and still lose. Nothing wrong with the effort, we just need to burry our chances which seems to be a franchise theme we can't shake.

We need to get our goalie situation solved quickly, this is a major problem. Way to many soft goals.

Also, we may need to bring in a tough guy. Teams are taking runs on us everynight to slow our team speed down. Lucky pommer didn't break any ribs last night when he took a knee to the mid section at mid ice. We have lots of speed and no toughness.

Yep missing Harding right now, at the same time its pretty hard to win a game with 0 goals but I guess this is what it felt like for other teams who use to completely outplay the wild and still lose. Nothing wrong with the effort, we just need to burry our chances which seems to be a franchise theme we can't shake.

Agree Bear....and we look like the pesky JV team that can skate fast and take a lot of weak shots that make opponents goalies look like world beaters. We just don't seem to get setup inside the scoring zone like our opponents do and take that wicked shot all players at this level should be capable of. From what I have seen lately I am getting concerned, lack of scoring punch and shaky tending....yikes!

We take lots of shots, but we don't have that guy to sit in the slot and punch in rebounds. That guy is supposed to be Vanek, but he seems to be too slow to react to what is going on around him half the time.

As far as adding toughness goes, what are we going to do, take a minor every time someone takes a hard check on one of our guys? Unfortunately, the instigator rule pretty much penalizes the players for trying to police themselves. Then, the league doesn't want to turn into a no-checking Euro-style game so they are reluctant to go after guys that push the limits on a "legal" check. It's coming to the point where you need to need to retaliate semi-legally at another point in the game and hope it doesn't get called. If you just start beating on the guy you're going to get the 2+5+10 that Scandy got last night. I'm not saying that it's how it should be, but it seems like how it is.

Backstrom was a bad signing, but we had no other choice at the time. We're stuck with him through next year. I doubt we could trade a shaky old goalie being paid $3mil/yr

I know I said I would hold judgement on Vanek until half way through the season, but really? That guy is either injured or closely related to Heatley.