• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

Wow. I did not realize Buck was as big of a loser as he has been proven to be, had no idea he pulled this kind of nonsense. Find another site please Buck, this kind of behavior is not needed or wanted here.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• Bear55

Back to real hockey talk! Spurgeon going to be out a while? Happy to see Brodin make it back, was a bit worried he would be out a while.

That was a SOLID win against a VERY good team. The Stars are tough and highly skilled with lots of scorers. They will be around at the end of the season I have no doubts.

Wild playing well though. Too bad we cannot work out a deal that 75% of our games are at home. :-)

Anyway...back to hockey. Top two teams in terms of goal differentials square off tomorrow night.

Pittsburgh +19

Minnesota +17

This is probably the best test for our team as of yet. Yes, we have lost games. But, those games we lost we either dominated play but lacked finish or had 1 bad, and I mean really bad, period.

Oh yeah, BTW, Chicago...you know...the perennial contender was shutout by Winnipeg last night. So, yes good teams still do lose games to teams they should easily beat.

Yep, good teams do lose games to some stinkers that is for sure. What separates the good teams from the rest is how they follow that up.

Like the debacle in NY, followed by a comeback win down 2 goals in the 3rd against the Bruins.

You cannot string stinkers together and that turnaround right there was impressive especially considering they found themselves down and had to come back.

We have never lost to Marc-André Fleury.

That being said he and the Pens are on FIRE.

15 power play goals this year for Pit so stay out of the box.

Now do I wear my old school Mario Lemieux jersey or my Suter Jersey to the game tommorow? grin

Kidding... Suter and my New Camo Wild Hoodie it is..

Go Wild!

Pier, just imagine if we scored half that many times on the PP!? Seriously, the Wild would be killing opponents. They have the 2nd most Goals per game and allow the fewest. If they get that PP rolling there is no stopping us!

Too bad we cannot work out a deal that 75% of our games are at home. :-)

It's a long season yet but wow it would sure be fun to have home ice during the playoffs.

This year sure has different feeling than the past years, one gets pretty pumped up even though the game is a day away yet. Should the wild call up an enforcer and prop him on the bench so we dont have three injuries in one game again? It just seemed to me no one on the bench would answer the bell that the Rangers were ringing.

This year sure has different feeling than the past years, one gets pretty pumped up even though the game is a day away yet. Should the wild call up an enforcer and prop him on the bench so we dont have three injuries in one game again? It just seemed to me no one on the bench would answer the bell that the Rangers were ringing.

Yep this could be our year, very solid team top to bottom. Felt a little different last year as well, team was really competing and really showed some great stuff in the playoffs.

That's a great question IMO. We are a skill team with great depth, do we care if someone gets hurts because we can just re-load and continue to "out-skill" other teams?

Or should we have that enforcer that we can throw out there and go toe-to-toe and take the "eye for an eye" approach? Thus far injuries have not set us back too much or caused us to lose IMO. With that being said....it would be nice to have brute of a Dman that can legally put the hurt on opponents in front of the net now and then.

Stoner had no problem stepping up last year but his play was hit or miss on several occasions. Was nice watching him throw his weight around in the playoffs but I suppose the wild brass had their mind made up that he wasn't part of the plans for this year.

Stoner wasn't worth the $$$ that he was offered so they let him walk. I think it was a smart move with Folin and Dumba being ready.

I think the biggest variable in a long playoff run is whether or not we can stay healthy. I doubt they will ever call up Reclicz but I hope they do. Bickel is another guy that could stand up for guys but he got buried in our depth after picking up Carter.

I would like to see a guy Like Scott Hartnell on the Wild roster. He can play, instigate, and drop the gloves if needed. He probably has a couple good years left. I do agree though that a D man that can move the puck and throw his weight around would be better.

I missed the Dallas game. How did Suter and the D core look?

Suter, as usual, looked like he wasn't trying while somehow being a defensive stud. Pretty standard, really. whistle Brodin looked fine. Dumba was pretty good on the PP.

You mean this one? Nice attempt at backpeddling. I'll tell you what Buck, every time you post something dumb I'm going to quote it with that screenshot. If you actually want to talk hockey in a civilized manner I have no problem with that.

Ya know what Bear, I did try to talk hockey in a civilized manner, and all of you homers blasted me cause of what I said. I can go back to the Parisie/Sutter signing thread where it all started if you would like??? I criticized the move of bring in all these free agents and spending all this money and said it wouldnt work. Then all of you guys pile on me and when I post you guys bash me and call me a troll. The FM mods and prostaff members pile on me cause I have views that can be a little abrasive once in a while and they can get away with name calling.

And guess what?? Everything I said long ago about the BIG SIGNINGS and the Wild the last two seasons has been spot on. Last year they didnt even get close with Yeo, so this year they keep him, spend more cash, and then expect a different result?? I dont buy it. I was once a season ticket holder with a group of people. I was there when they beat CO and Van years back, only to get smoked by the Ducks. I am sick of having my wallet raided for all these pro teams in MN to have these palaces built only to put out mediocrity year after year after year. The Stars couldnt do it, the Wild cant do it, the Vikings cant do it, and the Twolves have been abysmal.

I am here to talk hockey, just that I dont buy all the gumdrops and lollipops like some of you guys do. And I am gonna call them out on their [PoorWordUsage]-poor record in the playoff and getting to the playoffs. I have seen plenty of regular season wins in my life. I dont care about them much anymore. I want to see post season wins. I want our teams to be feared when we take them field/ice/court. If that ever happens maybe I will be as optimistic as some of you, but until then I remain a critic and a skeptic.

I don't think the Wild are that far off. Only 1 team raises the cup each year. The Wild have built some depth and have 4 lines that can score. I don't think they have the toughness or strength on D to win it all. But everyone knows a hot goalie and healthy lineup can certainly get you close to the cup if not win it all.

Buck with all due respect you completely suck as a person analyzing hockey and completely ruined this thread. No one wants you here. You want to talk about how the Parise signing and Suter along with other free agents isn't working start your own thread and vet that out with yourself. There are guys here that have forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know. Stick to ethanol and boosting post counts you poser everyone sees through your posts for what you really are A TROLL!

The wild are the only good thing in pro sports in MN (sorry Lynx). They are a legit team. Everyone knows it but if they don't bring it home according to you its a failure? What a fraud. If it were that easy they would just give the cup to the teams "supposed" to win at the start of the season.

There are probably 10 guys that actively post in this forum and just about everyone of them has asked you to leave. Go stir the pot somewhere else.

Don't feed the trolls

On another note, Wild vs. Pens tonight at the X - grab your popcorn boys this one is gonna be fun. Should be a shot-fest. I'm going with Wild 4 Pens 3.

Ya know what Bear, I did try to talk hockey in a civilized manner, and all of you homers blasted me cause of what I said. I can go back to the Parisie/Sutter signing thread where it all started if you would like??? I criticized the move of bring in all these free agents and spending all this money and said it wouldnt work. Then all of you guys pile on me and when I post you guys bash me and call me a troll. The FM mods and prostaff members pile on me cause I have views that can be a little abrasive once in a while and they can get away with name calling.

And guess what?? Everything I said long ago about the BIG SIGNINGS and the Wild the last two seasons has been spot on. Last year they didnt even get close with Yeo, so this year they keep him, spend more cash, and then expect a different result?? I dont buy it. I was once a season ticket holder with a group of people. I was there when they beat CO and Van years back, only to get smoked by the Ducks. I am sick of having my wallet raided for all these pro teams in MN to have these palaces built only to put out mediocrity year after year after year. The Stars couldnt do it, the Wild cant do it, the Vikings cant do it, and the Twolves have been abysmal.

I am here to talk hockey, just that I dont buy all the gumdrops and lollipops like some of you guys do. And I am gonna call them out on their [PoorWordUsage]-poor record in the playoff and getting to the playoffs. I have seen plenty of regular season wins in my life. I dont care about them much anymore. I want to see post season wins. I want our teams to be feared when we take them field/ice/court. If that ever happens maybe I will be as optimistic as some of you, but until then I remain a critic and a skeptic.

bucksutherland_zps6a3f5270.jpg

That's awesome bear. Tough guy I was thinking the same thing, going to be a good close game.I think a guys going need to wash that popcorn down with something though.

Polar opposites these two teams on the PP. 18 goals for Pittsburgh, that is insane! Almost 2 goals per GAME.

Have to stay out of the box.

No way those numbers stay up there all season. That's is ridiculous. Same for us. The PP will even out. We were getting good chances in the beginning and it seemed like the more time went by without a PPG, the worse we got at it. Then, we score one and bam, one more same game. It will all even out and we'll have a good idea of what our PP is at mid season.

Hopefully this isn't one of our old, dominate play+lots of scoring chances=no goals games we used to post up about once a week last year. Hopefully we play a tight, defensive game and take advantage of our 3rd and 4th line depth for scoring. Honestly, I think that's going to be the kind of game we'll see tonight.

Pitt is the type of team that you can not let come flying into your zone.

Step up at the blue line on them and with good back checking you have a chance at beating them.

We look terrible. Just throwing pucks away left and right. Yeo better snap these guys back to reality.

Just got their 3rd icing in less than 3 minutes blush

Buck the difference is he actually can smell hockey when it crosses his nose. You wouldn't know hockey if it hit you smack in the face. Yes Prosser is sketchy and Dumba is about giving me a heart attack.

Doesn't help Lapanta cannot figure out its "midst" of a change not "mist" of a change.

Anyone see what happened to Parise ? I sure hope its not a non injury related situation IE his dad. I know he's not doing well.