• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amateurfishing

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

I would bet that half the people on this thread have either hit there kid , smoked pot, drank alcohol while driving , have stolen something , been to a personal stripper party , have commmitted adultery , or othe sins . While judging others . Who have done the same .

At this point for AP it is the court system that will be judging him. Personally I think he has taken too many hits the head, that or he has one huge freakin ego. Smoking dope while you out on bail is not too dang bright.

Seems like everyone is just piling on now. He isn't doing himself any favors though.

On a more serious note is Rusty's hair for real or is that a dead animal on his head?

Depends on what state he was in when he smoked it.

'When' could be a valid question but the 'where' is irrelevant because it was a condition of his release on bond and that has no borders.

However, "when" could also be irrelevant as far as the NFL is concerned...

• 4 weeks later...

Quote:
Report: Possible Plea Deal in Works for Adrian Peterson

Adrian Peterson and his legal team could be nearing a plea agreement in the star running back's felony child abuse case in Texas, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Peterson and his lawyers have been in talks, sources tell Schefter, and a deal could be reached this week, possibly as early as Tuesday.

Peterson is charged with injury to a child for using a wooden switch to discipline his 4-year-old son. He is on paid leave and has a tentative trial date of Dec. 1.

I bet Goddell was hoping this would drag out until the end of the season. If the plea is reached he is gonna have to deal with Peterson. Wonder what he will do?? Dont see Peterson putting on a Vikings uniform again this year regardless. Possibly next year, but I doubt it. Dallas surely is the most likely landing spot since Demarco Murray is free agent next year, and people in TX dont have a problem with the discipline used like they do up north.

Murray could be better than Peterson I don't know if they'll easily let him go for a guy who only has a couple years left.

Quote:
Adrian Peterson and his legal team could be nearing a plea agreement

I bet Goddell was hoping this would drag out until the end of the season. If the plea is reached he is gonna have to deal with Peterson. Wonder what he will do?? Dont see Peterson putting on a Vikings uniform again this year regardless. Possibly next year, but I doubt it.

I would bet that Adrian has already gotten assurances (probably unwritten) from both the league and the team that if he can strike a no-jail bargain, he's back in playing. Otherwise, what motive would have have to plead out a month before his next court date?

He's already being paid while he sits on the exempt list, so it's not about money. I think he just wants to play and I bet he's been given some pretty solid assurances that a plea bargain will get him there. His team of (i'm sure highly-paid) lawyers/advisers would not allow him to make this plea at this time if there wasn't something big in it for him.

I doubt Murray is as good as Peterson but he's pretty good. Murray has had one of the better O-lines and a decent QB his career. He got his first taste of a stacked box and lousy QB play yesterday and didn't perform very well, AP has dealt with a stacked box, bad O-line, and lousy QB play for most of his career.

I hope he comes back soon the Vikes could use him, so could a few of my fantasy teams lol!!

I doubt Murray is as good as Peterson but he's pretty good. Murray has had one of the better O-lines and a decent QB his career. He got his first taste of a stacked box and lousy QB play yesterday and didn't perform very well, AP has dealt with a stacked box, bad O-line, and lousy QB play for most of his career.

I hope he comes back soon the Vikes could use him, so could a few of my fantasy teams lol!!

Murray is currently in his prime(26) is far better now than Adrian(29). DM ran 19 times for 79 yards on AZ, pretty good.

Adrian will be 30 next year and only a few handfuls of guys have run for 1000 yards in a season at/above that age. Statistical fact. Production drops off and the 30+s are no longer elite status.

Vikings have gotten lucky and are freely able to move on. Let them do it in peace.

Best case scenario for the vikings is that AP gets cleared to play soon. That way they can get him on the field and let him show the league he can still play. Then deal him to the highest bidder in the off season.

AP is no longer the future of the Vikings, no reason to pay him like he is.

Retaining a 30 year old back with knee and personal history, imo, doesn't do anybody any good. Statistically backs 30 and older have steep drop off in production. AP could be an anomaly but is the juice worth the squeeze for a year or two?

The facts are we squandered his prime with only a NFC championship heartbreak game to show for it.

I'm sure San Diegoians could lend us some apathy. #Norv&LT

I think best case for the vikes would be that AP comes back in a couple weeks and dominates as they win out the season. Something to the tune of 150 yards per game ought to be about right. He brings them to the superbowl, and they win in Teddy's rookie season. Then they trade him to someone who wants a 1-2 year aging back at a discount price, and are rid of his huge contract for good.

Second best case would be for them to just cut him and spend the money on some other folks.

Seems like a waste of money to sit and pay him on the exempt list.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out but I have to think someone in the league and on the team must have indicated to him and his advising attorneys that he will be playing soon. Other than offering to let him play, I don't see what would be big enough incentive to lure him into a plea 'bargain' at this point.

I don't see what would be big enough incentive to lure him into a plea 'bargain' at this point.

My wife is a reporter, covers crime and court mostly. I've learned a lot through osmosis.

Couple things come to mind. Plea agreements are what happens in the majority of small taters cases around the US. This is a very small taters case, in the eyes of the law.

Iffin he goes to trial he could actually get convicted of a felony. Not good. Trial is actually fairly spendy for both the state and the defendant. If AP loses and the state gets a felony conviction, AP is also going to pay a lot of court costs.However, they could easily plea it down to a petty misdomeaner, pay a small fine, and everyone (AP and Texas law) walks away happy.

I realize the costs of trial are peanuts to what AP has in the bank. It's the getting it over with quick like and no felony that becomes pretty darn appealing.

I think best case for the vikes would be that AP comes back in a couple weeks and dominates as they win out the season. Something to the tune of 150 yards per game ought to be about right. He brings them to the superbowl, and they win in Teddy's rookie season. Then they trade him to someone who wants a 1-2 year aging back at a discount price, and are rid of his huge contract for good.

Second best case would be for them to just cut him and spend the money on some other folks.

Seems like a waste of money to sit and pay him on the exempt list.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out but I have to think someone in the league and on the team must have indicated to him and his advising attorneys that he will be playing soon. Other than offering to let him play, I don't see what would be big enough incentive to lure him into a plea 'bargain' at this point.

He can't be traded anymore this year. They are stuck with paying him the balance of the year whether he plays or not. If they don't play him but he is reinstated by the NFL the Vikes still have to pay him. If he is suspended the rest of the year by the NFL I believe they still have to pay him - he could be suspended by the NFL for the dope he admitted smoking when he was on probation.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that it's "very possible" Adrian Peterson returns to play for the Vikings this season.

Mort initially reported the Vikings had essentially washed their hands of A.P. Per Mortensen now, the team is "softening" its stance. Peterson should be picked up in all 12- and 14-team leagues this week in anticipation of a potential return during the fantasy playoffs. Peterson would rejoin the team with fresh legs, and likely render rookie Jerick McKinnon a change-of-pace back. Nov 3 - 3:41 PM

My feeling on the whole matter is that Peterson thought that what he was doing was parenting, and that his way of life, and the way he grew up made his actions totally acceptable. There is no way he perceives what he did as malicious punishment. His backwards parenting is completely fine in his backwards mind. The rest of us in Yankeeland see a monster, but the folks down in Podunk, TX dont see too much wrong with what he did.

It will be pleaded to so community service, a fine, etc. The normal easy let off for these stars.

With the commissioner however I think he is gonna have a much tougher time if you ask me. Goddell butchered the Ray Rice thing. Thinking he may make an example of Adrian to get this correct. Something like suspending him for the rest of the season would probably satisfy 90% of observers to the situation.

My personal feeling is that he has served his time, and if the Vikings want to take the heat and let him play then go ahead.

All good Brian.

I'm thinking the reason he's looking for a plea deal now is to get it done, and be done. If this drags out to trial it could be well into next season before it's finally settled. Like I said, it's not the fine, it's the time out of of the league AP and his legal fab 5 is looking at.

Murray is currently in his prime(26) is far better now than Adrian(29). DM ran 19 times for 79 yards on AZ, pretty good.

Adrian will be 30 next year and only a few handfuls of guys have run for 1000 yards in a season at/above that age. Statistical fact. Production drops off and the 30+s are no longer elite status.

Assuming AP has been working out for 8 weeks, I would not want to be on the other side of one of his runs when he comes back. If you think he ran violent before, I bet he will be an animal.

Sure would be nice to see Peterson and Rudolph back in the line up for the Bear's game after the bye. Zimmer's defense with a ball control offense might be even better.

No guarantee when he will be back. The commissioners office still will have to review all the court documents and make their decision after that. Expect Peterson to have to pay a hefty fine since he was been getting paid this whole time and they are no assurances the Commissioner will not suspend him.

Don't get your hopes up too high.

What I've read is that he'll likely pay back the salary for the 8 weeks he was on the exempt list. This would essentially equate the exemption list stint to an 8 week suspension, which is twice as long as the 4 weeks he would likely have been suspended for in the first place if he wasn't placed on the exempt list.

He will be playing first week after bye, as he should be. A first time offense and a misdemeanor charge shouldn't typically warrant more than a 1/2 year suspension without pay (5.6 million dollars). He'll pay 5 times that in lost reputation and jersey sales, I'm guessing smile On the topic of what he's paying .... I wonder how much his child support and alimony payments have gone up to keep other girlfriends/mistresses/children from piling on with their stories of his chitty fatherhood throughout this whole deal.