• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Free Agent Thread

JP Z

Geno was benched last year after a few games..........granted now he's had an offseason to prepare maybe he won't be bad. But Vick is just a temp fix anyways. Now to see if they trade for Desean Jax.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zepman

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• BuckSutherland

If I had to choose I'd take Vick over Dirty Sanchez or Geno Smiff. Dirty Sanchez will be long remember for his famous Butt Fumble.

Geno will still get plenty of playing time with Vick around.

You don't pay a guy 5M for a year to "push" a guy along. Vick will be the starter. A 1yr deal at his age is to prove worth for the following season, right when Geno's rookie contract is up. They'll see what Geno is all about by then and make him the guy or draft another.

Geno was benched last year after a few games..........granted now he's had an offseason to prepare maybe he won't be bad. But Vick is just a temp fix anyways. Now to see if they trade for Desean Jax.

After a few games? Darn near the end of the season, and only for the second half of the game. best move by their management. Vick is a total up grade over what they had. He should be able to hit the ground running by playing in a offence he played in under their current OC.

You don't pay a guy 5M for a year to "push" a guy along. Vick will be the starter. A 1yr deal at his age is to prove worth for the following season, right when Geno's rookie contract is up. They'll see what Geno is all about by then and make him the guy or draft another.

First part of your statement is correct. Second part not so much. Smith's contract is cap friendly if they choose to sign Vick for more years. geno is signed through 2016 btw.

Shoot, you're right Klecker I maybe was thinking Manual??? And that was because of injury...oi.

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings added depth to their roster in the form of another free agent on Monday morning, agreeing to terms with former New York Jets guard Vlad Ducasse on a one-year deal, his agent Joe Linta said.

Ducasse started four games for the Jets last season, losing his job after struggling in pass protection at left guard early in the year, but he gives the Vikings another option at guard behind Charlie Johnson and Brandon Fusco. At 6-foot-5 and 325 pounds, he'll add some size to the Vikings' group of interior linemen, and has historically been more effective as a run-blocker than a pass-blocker.

The Vikes have made a lot of changes so far this season and I like them. I am really looking forward to the season!!!

Redskins sign WR DeSean Jackson (3 year, $24M; $16M guaranteed)

What a terrible signing. This guy is what I imagine its like to have anal cancer. Immediately after he signed the big deal with Philly he was complaining he needed more money. He is always hurt, and he is not a TEAM player. Just another Randy Moss, TO type that will never help his team win a championship. Dan Snyder once again proves why he is one of the worst owners in the NFL. San Fran apparently passed on him cause of rumor gang affiliations.

16 million guaranteed I cant believe they gave him that much, after one season he will ask for more saying he is underpaid

Patented move by Snyder. He's gotta do everything possible though, that squad is hurting. Have up WAY too much for RG3.

RGIII might turn out to be one of the biggest busts in recent memory if he doesn't have a bounce back year in '14. Skins spent much of their future on the kid.

Apparently, he's not very well liked in the locker room...something that's very hard to overcome with just "so-so" play. That's being generous, too, considering his complete melt-down last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS -- Free-agent safety Kurt Coleman has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings.

Coleman's agent, Blake Baratz, said Monday the deal was done. The Vikings have not yet made an announcement.

Coleman, a former seventh-round pick who started 27 games for the Philadelphia Eagles between 2011 and 2012, had been weighing his options since meeting with the Vikings last Friday.

Coleman likely would come in as a special-teams contributor and a backup at both safety spots, where he'd compete with Jamarca Sanford and Andrew Sendejo for playing time at one of them. He has averaged 42.5 tackles over a four-year career, but only had 13 last season.

Another Zimmer "project"...was once a very good FB player in the league but somehow fell off when a new coaching regime took over.

Nothing to get excited about now, but could definately crack the starting line-up and be a very good player moving forward. We have one good safety and about 6 below-average on the roster right now. Coleman will get his chance to show what hes got left....

Most likely, a back-up safety and a very good special teamer...

I would pick the Vikes right away knowing I was going to compete for a starting job with Sanford and Sendejo.

I would pick the Vikes right away knowing I was going to compete for a starting job with Sanford and Sendejo.

I could suit up and compete with those two.

I kinda liked Sendejo, he played hard and wasnt really a liability out there. It could easily be said though that because of the other major liabilities on this D he wasnt seen as one at the time. Who knows.

• 3 months later...

Chris Cook's first game with San Francisco and he finally gets his first interception...too bad for his sake that preseason doesn't count.