• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2014 New Decoys Thread...

Neighbor_guy

Had a bout of bad luck in my last batch. All my wood tails were failures, still trying to figure that out.

Here is the best of the batch. "Whitefish" the sparkle doesn't show up in pictures, trust me it shines. Just over 11" nose to tail.

7EB88A60-E418-43CC-9B18-22FB01203C97.jpg

3623CF41-E087-4F25-92E3-CFBEA020BD85.jpg

I also started toying with phosphorescent but can't get it to show up on camera.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neighbor_guy

• jasonmichalski

• Mike89

• MJ1657

What happened to the tails?

They were a lot more buoyant than I anticipated.

I didn't torch em, just set them aside, so I may take a closer look to see if I can make them work.

Here is the best of the batch. "Whitefish" the sparkle doesn't show up in pictures, trust me it shines. Just over 11" nose to tail.

How or should I say why, does this decoy seem to have a wicked smile???

7EB88A60-E418-43CC-9B18-22FB01203C97.jpg

3623CF41-E087-4F25-92E3-CFBEA020BD85.jpg

I also started toying with phosphorescent but can't get it to show up on camera.

Last one...

2FD717D8-8D0A-4514-A2F5-D9AF9CF39454.jpg

CFAB55B7-D45F-48F3-9CCF-BBED4C80353A.jpg

now I need to look harder at the "failure pile" to see if any can be salvaged...

Nice, Now the wait begins to see how they attract Mrs pike

I have had great luck with Grandma lures with the gold prism tape on Pike and Muskie.

Mwal

I am trying to go how far from Cities time wise? I would leave early and drive back Saturday as I have family get together Sunday

Mwal

I will be going to the show I hope to bring some new decoys home with me. Perhaps look for backup spear.

Mwal

I am trying to go how far from Cities time wise? I would leave early and drive back Saturday as I have family get together Sunday

Mwal

I can make it there in 2 hours maybe a bit less you can fly on 94

Sounds good on that time Mrklean. Never went to a decoy show before. May as well do something other than sit and wait for warm weather.

Mwal

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Did you have any luck?     I got a bird but didn’t really do much for pics worth showing.
    • Wanderer
      It depends on a lot of factors, I suppose.   I hung on to my last gas auger for a few years after getting into electric but I never used it so I finally sold it.  Haven’t missed it one bit.  You bet it was reliable though.  Still started on the second pull for the new owner.   After trying several options in the electric world, I’m currently settled on a Strikemaster 40V with Liteflight bits.  With 2 fully charged batteries, I fish all day in Canada, cutting 10 inch holes.     What I’ll agree with is, if you search by drilling and flasher sonar, you will probably be more comfortable with the run time of a gas auger.  When you start incorporating GPS mapping, forward facing sonar, and saved waypoints, you don’t need to Swiss cheese every spot you fish.  I can still run through both batteries when the fishing isn’t great but I never feel like I have to count my holes.  It’s more like: Did I need the second battery before the middle part of our fishing hours?  If I still can’t catch fish after running out 2 batteries, it doesn’t matter cuz the fish just ain’t biting.   That’s fishing on the dark side! 😉 
    • Wanderer
      Thanks.  Yep, iPhone. Photo mode, not portrait. No flash.
    • leech~~
      I didn't pick Leech~~ for no reason!  
    • leech~~
      Do you have an iPhone?   Great shots.  👍
    • Rick G
      Yep, that's where I was🤪. Best fish were way up in the shallow boulders...   And.....if the 3 or 4 people that read this want to fish it.... go right ahead😁😏  My bass spots are no secret....trophy panfish spots, that's another story🤪
    • Kettle
      Fish are still very shallow with water Temps near 60. Two guys tonight 19 total kept 10  
    • Wanderer
      At home.  It was spectacular for a while.
    • leech~~
      Just saying. 😄
    • Rick G
      Figured it was safe to post pics with landmarks here😁. Probably only 6-8 people left that still look at this site🥴

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.