• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearfishing - Where are you now?

MJ1657

There were alot of people all in a big group, but there's plenty of space to move away from the crowd too

55 crappies

dam surprised you did that good since its been open for awhile now

43324AFB-1314-4E39-925A-C332DBE26974.jpg

The results if my cousins trip out to pelican Thursday.

He reported thousands of fish pulled and dumped just being left behind by those doing the scooping. Sad...

Seeing fish like that makes me think we all missed a gem of a spearing lake. Those are beauties. frown

Insane...

I did a little online checking both here and other sites. Saw the results of whats happening out there. He was right... THOUSANDS.. just laying there goin to waste..

Made me sickcrymad

NG the guy sitting down in that Pic looks just like my Bro-inlaw. Is his name Joe?

As for where I'm at I getting my boat ready for Monday got some eyes and saugers to catch.

Gordy, I don't know the answer to you question. I posted the picture, but it wasn't my trip. My cousin made the trip out there, and sent the results (pic) to my brother (bigA), and I posted them here.

As for the where ya at... Finishing up a project that went from bad to really bad at work. Then home to work in the shop. Should have several decoys done tonight and a couple that will be finished up tomorrow. Look for them on the 2014 decoys thread in the next couple days.

went out spearing on the Saginaw Bay yesterday morning took a nice fatty, 33" about 10lbs. full-40781-43182-baypike.jpg

thanks guys, we still have 6 days left I'm going at least 2 or 3 more times!

Good seeing at the whitetail deer classic MJ and Molly

Good seeing you and meeting some of the other guys.

I got the spear house unloaded and put away in the shed for the year this afternoon. I miss spearing but i'm ok to be done with wrestling with houses for awhile.

Now I am thinking of covering the house I got from Canotrapper with Aluminum flashing it will be so bright it will be visible from space.Have to figure out better runners for it. Also gonna help the in-law finish and redo stuff on the 4x6 he built in 3 days in January. Luckily he has a carport to stash them under to protect them. I bet your are glad MJ1657 to not have to get the tractor out and deal with snow etc.

Mwal

Yesterday all I could do was think about open water so that's what I did. Myself and Archerysniper put my boat in Pool 4 and caught a bunch of sauger and a few walleyes. I was happy to be in the boat, but miss peering down the spear hole.

mwal check out the flashing that is steel/tin that is dimpled like a golf ball it is colored and really doesn't weight that much more than aluminum. just my 2c

Yesterday all I could do was think about open water so that's what I did. Myself and Archerysniper put my boat in Pool 4 and caught a bunch of sauger and a few walleyes. I was happy to be in the boat, but miss peering down the spear hole.

mwal check out the flashing that is steel/tin that is dimpled like a golf ball it is colored and really doesn't weight that much more than aluminum. just my 2c

I bet that metal would work good.

Mwal, I bellyache about it but its all worth it. Do a search and find Spearheads house like yours. I believe his is covered in some type of metal.

Yes he told me what he used and I will see if I can find some otherwise I will use aluminum flashing.

Mwal

Going out spearing with my dad on the last day of season here in MI. Went out today and seen 8 pike just didn't see the big one I was looking for, did get to spear my first sucker though the ice, it was 12-13' down and moving, ended up being 22" long!! full-40781-43376-image.jpg

Going out spearing with my dad on the last day of season here in MI. Went out today and seen 8 pike just didn't see the big one I was looking for, did get to spear my first sucker though the ice, it was 12-13' down and moving, ended up being 22" long!! full-40781-43376-image.jpg

That's cool Jason.

I bet that metal would work good.

Mwal, I bellyache about it but its all worth it. Do a search and find Spearheads house like yours. I believe his is covered in some type of metal.

The steel/tin material is easier to work with than aluminum. The house that I built that merkman has that on it with colored aluminum flashing on the roof. You can find it at the big box lumber stores or any place that sells siding materials

Jason those suckers are great smoked and that one alive would be awesome flathead bait. grin ,but it would take a half pound of lead to hold in the strike zone!

I was thinking about putting it on the smoker, when I lived in the UP years ago we used to met them for a friends dad he used to smoke them and they were great!

My wife and I are wrapping up a vacation on Maui. As a boy we lived in Kailua Oahu for a couple years and I did a lot of spearfishing.

On this trip I really missed having my speargun in hand as we saw some very nice fish for eating that would have ended up on the end of my spear. I have the itch now to get some new bands, maybe a new gun, and hit some of my MN spearing lakes to scout weed lines/structure and shoot carp for the garden to keep my free diving skills up.

Is anyone else doing any local MN diving/spearing? Stick500 are you still out there?

I used to hit Harriet after we moved back to MN from HI and took some nice sized carp. The viewing of large gamefish and lure retrieval was pretty good too.

I was able to get my dad his first pike on the spear tonight 29" five minutes after he missed a fish around the 36" mark, it was a great last day of season, we seen close to 30 fish!! full-40781-43399-image.jpg

full-40781-43400-image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

full-32630-43710-img_20140322_122629_173

My good friend Dealer surprised me with this on Saturday. Rick Whittier crappie. Wish I didn't have to wait 8 months to try it out.

• The title was changed to Spearfishing - Where are you now?