• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rubber Ducky

• Mike Dumas

• brian6715

• Gobbles113

I was out with RD last weekend. We hardly caught anything. Oh, except our limit of walleye and few nice crappie. cool Thanks again for taking me out and showing me the ropes brotha. I'm down to fish the weekend before x-mas. What do I owe you all again? Boots, two tanks of propane, gas for auger, gas for 4-wheeler.....ha ha ha.

Josh it all good. It's always nice to know someone that works at Gander so that I can use your discount lol, we will tear it up next week.

Don't forget some treats.

Its about helping Brotherhood 2013.

Now there is a statement I can respect!

I haven't been out much this year, I am not sure why.... but I plan on hitting it hard now that it is finally above 0. My goal this year is to find some trophy crappies, I got into a few last year on one of the previously mentioned lakes, but I want a 16"+ to make a replica of.

Don't you guys love living in Rice County?

GOOD MORNING GUYS.ANYONE KNOW HOW THE LANDINGS CONDITIONS ARE FOR SHIELDS AND ROBERDS.PLANING COMING OUT WITH THE BOY THIS WEEKEND AND WOULD LIKE TO GET WHEEL HOUSE ON THE ICE.ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.

THANKS JIFFY_10

Jiffy,

Roberds landing is pushed up a bit but you can get it on. There is already 50 permanents out their!

Shields no problem the access is perfect!

Greetings - My name is Joe and I live in Mantorville. Have always headed North for ice fishing, but see all the chatter from you all about the Rice / Le Sueur Counties, so figure I will give it a try. I plan on heading over for 3-4 hours in the next couple days and based on the write-up from RD will give French a try. Any help narrowing down the time window for best panfish bite?

THANKS RUBBER DUCKY.IS THERE A LOT OF THEFT OR VANDILISM AROUND THERE.I HAVENT FISH AROUND THERE FOR 10 YEARS OR MORE.HOWS THE BITE GONNA BE THIS WEEKEND.HOPE TO GET ON SOME EYES AT NIGHT AND CRAPPIES DURING THE DAY.

THANKS

Yes, there is vandalism. I have a friend who is a county deputy, and often here him talk about vandalism with fish houses (last year Cedar seemed to be targeted a lot, they caught 2 guys doing it for sure).

All this talk is killin me since I can't start my ice season until finals are done next week! I'm still wondering how I'm gonna get through them with nothing but ice on the mind. I ice fished this area last winter for the first time just a couple times but did well enough to come back in the summer and it has never been a total disappointment. I'm lookin forward to spending more time on these lakes this winter!

Duck your posts are always informative or motivational, keep up the good work! I remember last year when you joined because that was the same time I first fished the area, it didn't take long (I'm sure this is true for most) to realize you definitely know what you're doin' out there!

I was but I don't think we met. I could be wrong though, I fish out of a orange/black team wild fish house and I am usually within a few hundred yards of a green trailblazer depending on how active I am being smile

If anyone ever does see me, say hi... it would be fun to be able to put some faces to names.

I think I am going out on Mazaska after work tonight, targeting crappies until dusk when I am going to switch over to walleyes. Going out of the main access closer to Faribo.

Brian I will be out there tonight. Clam guide 2 man, probably will be on the SE side or mid lake south point. Depends on how far I want to walk. lol

All this talk is killin me since I can't start my ice season until finals are done next week! I'm still wondering how I'm gonna get through them with nothing but ice on the mind. I ice fished this area last winter for the first time just a couple times but did well enough to come back in the summer and it has never been a total disappointment. I'm lookin forward to spending more time on these lakes this winter!

Duck your posts are always informative or motivational, keep up the good work! I remember last year when you joined because that was the same time I first fished the area, it didn't take long (I'm sure this is true for most) to realize you definitely know what you're doin' out there!

Max,

I remember you from last year, Cedar and French. Good pan fish bite A!

Good pan fish bite A!

Very fun indeed! Last year was the first winter my main target was panfish and I learned a lot in a hurry. The main focus has always been walleye but after last year chasing panfish is right at the top for me now, there's somethin about the colors of a nice bull gill smile.

Joe,

I was on French 3 weeks ago and we did get some Crappies in 21' to 25' sun fish are still next to the weeds in 11' to 13'. French is a early morning dusk kinda of lake. But sun fish bite all day if you can hole hop. Don't be afraid to try the T-bar for some pan fish. seen them there in 11' when we were fishing eyes.

There was some theft last year they got my buddys house on Cedar. Here is the deal hook up a speaker to the top of your fish house like a alarm system in a car. as soon as the sucker goes off they will run. Hook it straight to your battery. If you have one of them fancy Ice castles money well spent. I seen one the cost was under $200. Nothing compared to what you have in the ice house!!!!!!!

full-16456-40298-image.jpg

Hooked into a nice eye last night on the tip up plain red hook tipped with a shiner. Boy was it fun pulling that thing through the hole! Measured right at 26"

Took up RD's suggestion of Fox over the weekend. Got a nice 18" walter thanks to one of RD's tips on Saturday. My first decent sized Rice County walleye. Fat head tail hooked & hanging under a bobber on a frostee jig. Moved around a little in the one man but had little luck as the day progressed. Tried Fox again on Sunday and it was a no go from 33' all the way towards shore on the end by the access.

As this is only my second year of ice fishing I am hungry for some "spots" to try. Thanks RD!

Took up RD's suggestion of Fox over the weekend. Got a nice 18" walter thanks to one of RD's tips on Saturday. My first decent sized Rice County walleye. Fat head tail hooked & hanging under a bobber on a frostee jig. Moved around a little in the one man but had little luck as the day progressed. Tried Fox again on Sunday and it was a no go from 33' all the way towards shore on the end by the access.

As this is only my second year of ice fishing I am hungry for some "spots" to try. Thanks RD!

No problem! Its a ruff lake to fish because they move around a lot. But there is some bruisers in their.

Like I said don't be afraid to stop over and say hi to Truth, he only bites if he is on a HOT HOT bite!!!!!!!

Its all good in the Hood!

I have put in many years on ALL of these lakes. Look at it this way, guarantee you are the one person that has taken some advice and ran with it, Welcome to 2013, we live In a world of nothing but being online.

If you want to blame someone for a fishing report, then be my guest. Most all the people I have met on this Forum are some pretty good people. I have personally fished with a lot of them.

"I", like other people, don't sit around web browsing and never post.

Its all good, if you don't like my post, DON'T read them.

Tell you what if people would like for me not to post some basic information on the lakes well then lets hear it then.

Never meant to hurt your guys feelings. Just thought that I would help the people that work there Butts off and deal with kids and life, it can lead to a lot of stress. Just ask Truth he will tell you.

If I have offended anyone, I'm sorry, but still will post my god given rights to life.

Brotherhood 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my 2cents... But rd is right.. His post on the smaller lakes sent specific... Go fish 16 feet and there are big fish... Every small lake is going to have good fish because its in the middle of nowhere where no one wants to go. And besides that fact most of the lakes he mentioned are a bowl. Deep in the middle and a wall all around. The other lakes he talked about 100s of people fish already and everyone crouds the second they see 2 houses together... He is spreading some knowledge of the local lakes around here. You call up a bait shop what are they going to tell you... OHhh they are catching them on the east side in 14 feet of water using green jigs. Like I said my 2 cents.

DID GOOD ON ROBERDS.ALSO.I AGREE WITH YOU GUYS.ITS ALWAYS SOME ONE WHO CRIES ABOUT INFO TO HELP THE WEEKEND WARRIOR.WELL PUT R.D.THANKS FOR YOUR INFO.

you will have all kinds I know of a few guys over the years that have put up false post to send people on a wild go fish . so believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see and get out and find them for yourself. thanks for the info R.D. Good fishing

Even if Rubber Ducky wouldn't have posted his report about the lakes there would still be crowds of people on every one of the lakes report. All he did was point out the most popular spots on the lake, all you have to do on a weekend is drive by the lakes and you can see where the crowds is. I don't understand why its making waves, Just my thoughts.

Rubber Ducky +1

Not exactly a secret spot but if you are looking for some 9 to 10 inch crappies to stink up the old frying pan you might want to try north east of the big island on Cedar Lake. They seem to be hugging the bottom, at least yesterday they were.