• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pelican Lake Reports

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FishingFL

• jjz

• leech~~

• ZachD

Top Posters In This Topic

FishinFL,

They have been fishing in Mousseau(sp)Bay south of the resort and I assume Jones would be fishable also. I have not been past Jones but assuming it would be ok for foot traffic

Walked out on Moose Bay and Jones Bay Saturday morning/afternoon. Saw anywhere from 4-7.5" of good ice.

• 2 weeks later...

People are driving out from Breezy Point Resort to areas north of Gooseberry. South of Gooseberry, 10" or less in spots that i checked.

slimy have you been out there? I seen a picture of a Polaris Ranger that I was told fell through by Breezy Point?

I have been just walking out around the south side of gooseberry. I have not been north of the island. Wouldn't surprise me if a Ranger went in somewhere on the lake. There was a lot of traffic coming in and out of the resort last weekend onto the north end of the lake.

• 2 weeks later...

12" of ice where I set up on the main lake. Slow afternoon yesterday with only two hammerhandles and a 14" and 19" eye. There is enough white ice to keep me on the wheeler for a while more though.

Thanks riffraff. Thought for sure the way the winter started out I'd be driving out the wheelhouse over Christmas break but that can certainly wait if necessary.

There were a few vehicles out and about. I pulled the wheelhouse out with the ATV and was actually kinda surprised at the white ice- but maybe it was just that area. Also, the ice got thicker the farther out I went- It just did not seem to be as good of quality.

No snow at all...bring your ice cleats! I took a nasty fall the other day after drilling holes bruised ribs, shoulder and ego!

Ouch! - Central - I'm sure most of us would like to say we've never done anything like that....and lie through our teeth.

Right right...wouldn't have been so bad if there wasn't some guys set up next to me and saw it all. My brand new auger went flying out my hand!

We had a slow week fishing. Tried two spots in Jones (17 & 21ft) Tuesday and Thursday and in Nelson (14, 18, 21ft) last night.

Lots of ice though for anyone who hasn't been out lately. 12-15 inches everywhere we drilled.

Were heading up President's day weekend for an annual family gathering at Breezy. I've fished the lake the last few years the same weekend with little success in a few different areas. Looking to get into some decent pike and pannies during the day, maybe get after some 'eyes in the late afternoon/evening. Any suggestions for areas of the lake? Not looking for anybody's hot spot, just some direction as I only make it up here this one weekend each year and want to keep our two boys interested. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

BRG21 - We've actually had a few decent days for pan fish and northerns right in the little bay by the resort. Also on the north side of the peninsula by the resort where it gets to be about 13-15FOW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I will be banging around up on the north end this coming Sat with the sled and porty. Does anyone have a crack or ridge report?

Thanks. smile

Stay away from the west side point of Gooseberry, a couple trucks went in there. They have it marked pretty good. One fell through in 18' and slid down the break into 35' Also another one just went down in the Stewarts Bay channel. There is a crack that opened a few inches recently, on the east side out from Gooseberry a ways. Big heave coming off Lincoln Point, runs pretty much runs all the way across. Take it easy out there!

Saw pictures of two others that went in by Hunters Point,by Wilson Bay on Gull.

Stay away from the west side point of Gooseberry, a couple trucks went in there. They have it marked pretty good. One fell through in 18' and slid down the break into 35' Also another one just went down in the Stewarts Bay channel. There is a crack that opened a few inches recently, on the east side out from Gooseberry a ways. Big heave coming off Lincoln Point, runs pretty much runs all the way across. Take it easy out there!

Saw pictures of two others that went in by Hunters Point,by Wilson Bay on Gull.

Geez, doesn't sound to great. I will be on a sled so hopefully can make it most places. Also sounds like I may need to cross one of them to get past Gooseberry where I need to go. Thanks for the report.

If you do go to Halverson, watch out for a big heave on the SE side of the bay. It's by the rocks and reeds, just north of where the string of four or five buoys would be in the summer.

If you do go to Halverson, watch out for a big heave on the SE side of the bay. It's by the rocks and reeds, just north of where the string of four or five buoys would be in the summer.

Is that going from the point all the way to Gooseberry? frown