• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Unofficial HSO early-ice kitty trip?

Stick in Mud

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick G

• mncountryboy92

• Stick in Mud

• Tom Sawyer

yea i dont know where im gonna go from i rather not have to walk a mile lol you think it would be safe to walk from by the bridge

I just checked distance, it is 1/3 of a mile from the parking spot South of the bridge to the Meth Hole. Not too bad of a walk.

i'll just walk the shore line from the 22 bridge unless ur talking about foot bridge or are you talking about parking on fremont road and walking form there?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

have fun, I'll join you some time when the warm up comes... wink

Most of the cat spots are the last to get good ice. Just saying. Be careful!

Don

Don have you fished that area I met you at last year, out from the point, near the meth hole? Any tips on where to focus today?

Are you planning on bringing out the hot chocolate?

i'll just walk the shore line from the 22 bridge unless ur talking about foot bridge or are you talking about parking on fremont road and walking form there?

There is a wide spot on the West side of 22 about 100yds after the Bridge,there you will see a spot to get gear onto the ice.

Quote:
Don have you fished that area I met you at last year, out from the point, near the meth hole? Any tips on where to focus today?

I found safe ice everywhere yesterday(up to 10"), including that area. I have only fished wallys so far but I don't see why the meth area would be just as good as any.

Don

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Gd luck today guys pound some cats wont make it out there. Post some reports when you guys are done. Koronis has safe ice to my walleye spots and I know whats there so I had to make a decision cats or eyes hmm you know which one one out!! smile Will miss hanging out with you guys but there will for sure be another time good luck!

Time to head out ill see all out at te meth hole trucks all loade up and I will have room for one or 2 poeple in my ice house.

Had fun at the get together. Met a few people I had not. I iced 12 cats with the largest being 5+ pounds that broke my rod. Lost 3 for every one I caught.

Don

Had a good night of fish me and stick in mud did pretty good marked alot of fish and caught a few between the 2 of use probably had 14 or 16 fish minnow and liver worked good.

It was a lot of fun fishing for cats I have never done that before. Also meeting new faces. Can't wait to meet again on the lake for what ever we fish for.

I couldn't find anyone to make the trip up there with me, sounds like some fish were biting eh?

The walleye guy broke a rod on a cat? grin

Met up with jdkelso and went to the meth hole. Caught two cats and a small walleye. I should have brought some stink bait or liver. Minnows were not so good. Had a great time and met some of the guys at the end. Tons of fish down there but wasn't getting a good bite. A few did pretty well. Look forward to fishing with you all again.

Actually fishing wasn't bad earlier in the afternoon but seemed to go down hill after about 2:30. Only had to use minnow heads. Always a plus not to deal with the stinky ( poor word usage) Weather wasn't bad without any wind.

Nice to meet up with you again Carl;and meeting you countryboy.

Yeah I had a blast. It was nice to meet some of the guys in person. I lost 2 fish, one was probably a nice sized catfish and im guessing the other one was a crappie. I finally caught one in the last 5 minutes being there. For some reason I was having a lot of problem with interference on my marcum so it was hard to read my jig or even see the fish until everyones flashers were turned off and, then BANG i catch one. Fishnman wasn't having any problems really but I think a lot of people were and ended up turning off their flashers. Oh well it was still a fun trip. We are gonna have to hit rice lake soon Fishnman and catch some of those crappies and maybe some walleyes.

Thanks for hosting this outing Stickinthemud!I was a couple hrs late and didn't know till the last minute I would be fishing today.Nice meeting JD,621vs,country boy.Got a little off track on the way back but I didn't fall in the Meth hole so I'm grateful for that.I got started fishing kinda late on Toms abandoned spot.Caught a little 17"kitty is all.full-45395-40072-imag0578.jpg

Was a blast and was nice meeting everyone yea Jeremy you did get a little off course and I'm happy you didn't fall in the meth hole. Can't wait to meet up again.

Slow this morning, gota a big zero, I talked to two guys and they had the same results. The weather and temps arent helping

Thanks everyone for coming out...It wasn't THAT cold. smile

Bummer you couldn't make it, Rick. I hope the truck and the phone are back up and running soon.

Tony and I didn't get any real big fish last night, but during one of the flurries we did pick up a double.

full-18483-40096-kitty.jpg

Man, after looking at the size of the tail in that fish I'm holding, it must've been, what, at LEAST 29''. smile I must have really, really big hands...