• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterfowl Photos

thanks guys. We were in So Dak and actually were duck hunting and one of the guys had a friend come down for the morning from Aberdeen. We were about to head in and about ten geese were flying pretty far off. The guy from Aberdeen got on his goose call and I had never heard what was coming from his calls. He sounded like the best Goose band that ever played; Louie Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and Beattles all playing together. I looked at my other buddy with this look that was priceless. It was so cool. Next thing you know as these geese were flying they heard the sweet music and turned our way. It was so far away I couldn't believe it but figured it must be a coincidence. He kept calling and they kept coming. The guy frankly sounded better than the geese and I think he may just be part goose.

It was our last morning hunting and man o man did that end it in a way that was like the icing on the cake. If goose calling is an art this guy was Rembrandt.

• The topic was unlocked
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
2 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Thanks leech

Got it with orange camo shoe laces and all!  :)

• 1 month later...

You will always remember the first one. There will be many more, but you will always remember that one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We were actually pheasant hunting too its funny because we duck hunted the spot before pheasant opener and he flushed a rooster on the way out. So Pheasant opened and we go to search for the one he flushed decided to take my gun with a plug since I know waterfowl hang out there too. Well with no luck on finding the pheasant we are walking back a trail that has cattail swamp with a canal on each side of the trail and all of a sudden Tango jumps off the trail into the canal and up the bird goes. I swing my gun and thought at first it was a hen pheasant because I seen grey hut as my eyes focus I see duck I fire one shot and it drops right in the canal, I tell tango to get the bird and he runs and grabs it and brings the bird to my hand. Couldn't be happier with my boy!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 11 months later...

The ducks so far this season.

D4DED04D-42BD-4759-978E-3B595894D5B3.jpeg

2F7C8610-060F-4C5F-873A-DFD4CA7B5199.jpeg

B6FD4222-0B4A-44C2-92A5-F04AAFBCE60E.jpeg

8FF4C348-F6C1-4528-BC4F-00BA1E248F3D.jpeg

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

took the kids out for their first duck hunting experience. just a little farm pond and some woodies. They loved it.

duck.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just love drake woodies

AA874BB6-F48C-4D62-A16F-F76C9FC2AA8C.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well opener was full of action and slowed to a trickle yesterday. Was scouting this morning and not hunting.

83CB5833-61E2-4FB7-A1EC-D4D408ABC91B.jpeg

0184CC8A-9534-4051-8AB6-1F3CC4EA1B04.jpeg

06E2AFA0-A02B-41B4-8078-C80147C74539.jpeg

667E06B8-8C34-46DE-8F5E-222B4E71BEB6.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

On 10/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, Kettle said:

Not MN and a few guys hunting before anyone assumes that bag limits were ignored. My first time hunting out of state in a few years due to school so it was nice to bag a few. 

47455.jpeg

47450.jpeg

Geez, I missed this one last year.  Nice!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

• 3 years later...

just seen a show about duck and dove hunting down that way, Scoot Lyseth and the Dead Meat show!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

I only duck hunted this trip. Definitely going back next year. Winter gets too long for me. I met some amazing people and might help with guiding for them in the future. Would love to escape a month or two every winter

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Kettle said:

I only duck hunted this trip. Definitely going back next year. Winter gets too long for me. I met some amazing people and might help with guiding for them in the future. Would love to escape a month or two every winter

Kettle..........we really didnt have a winter.......even up in your neck of the woods!!!!!👍🤣

On 2/16/2024 at 8:48 PM, Kettle said:

Some teal from central America IMG-20240208-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a864e9e74000983c4cc966a1afe4fe80.jpg

Wow, don't want to be one of those guys.  But, you don't think such liberal limits down there, hurts the northern population next spring?  

19 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Wow, don't want to be one of those guys.  But, you don't think such liberal limits down there, hurts the northern population next spring?  

There's only one Waterfowl guide in the country that I went to. He runs about 20 trips a year. So he harvests about 185,000 less teal a year than some of the individual southern states. In MN, lots of the teal are gone before the early teal season 

On 2/19/2024 at 4:32 PM, Kettle said:

There's only one Waterfowl guide in the country that I went to. He runs about 20 trips a year. So he harvests about 185,000 less teal a year than some of the individual southern states. In MN, lots of the teal are gone before the early teal season 

Maybe I'm confused, but I hope one guide is not killing anywhere near the birds as an entire state of hunters?  

16 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Maybe I'm confused, but I hope one guide is not killing anywhere near the birds as an entire state of hunters?  

His guide business harvests less than 1,000 teal a year. The state of Louisiana harvests over 150,000 teal a year and over 2 million ducks total. If that makes sense. 

• Thumbs Up 2