• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Freeman out Ponder in

DTro

Now is the time to start Freeman for the rest of the year...absolutely nothing to play for at all.

Either he has it or he doesn't...NOW is the time to find out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• JP Z

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

Problem is I guess they are still trying to decide IF Ponder has IT? Ummmm, if by IT they mean the tendency to turn it over at very inopportune times then YES he does have IT.

Problem is I guess they are still trying to decide IF Ponder has IT?

That last throw of game pretty much said it all, and answers if he "has it"

When Ponder was drafted I think the Vikes said he had a very high football IQ, commentators talk about his high educational IQ, I think Vikes had the two confused. Couldn't they see his arm strength and accuracy was average at best during workouts?

They've found out that you can't just be smart and you can't just have a strong arm. Guess you need both of those to succeed

When Ponder was drafted I think the Vikes said he had a very high football IQ, commentators talk about his high educational IQ, I think Vikes had the two confused. Couldn't they see his arm strength and accuracy was average at best during workouts?

but you gotta have a high IQ for Musslemans big playbook.

Anyone remember that when Ponder played for florida state, they weren't that good? Since he's been gone they've been a top 5 team every year.

Anyone remember that when Ponder played for florida state, they weren't that good? Since he's been gone they've been a top 5 team every year.

Very good point.

Actually to be fair, I think it had more to do with Jimbo. The upswing started when he did and that was Ponder's senior year.

Be nice to Blunder, this might be his last game as a Viking.

I thought that a couple games ago.

I was really kinda hoping to see Freeman come in last night and see if spending a few weeks learning the playbook would help him but there is one OBVIOUS thing about that guy. He's only here for the paycheck. He has no heart.

Now the Vikings should have the excuse(injury) that they needed to pull Ponder and start Freeman next week.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Ponder has looked like an average QB over the past 2 games. I'm surprised at the improvement. smile

If not for the short hail mary last week and interception to start this week he played a bit above average. laugh

Don't Dallas and Washington have two of the worst defenses in the league? Maybe that has a little to do with Ponder's Montana-like performances the last two weeks. Just sayin'...

He really hasn't even played that well, he's just normally horrid so when he steps it up and plays below average people get excited.

I guess the Vikes just figured they are ballers and paid 3 million for a 3rd string QB.

With all the needs this team has, drafting a QB is needed, but not as high as some people think, if you can't take the top one, PASS. (pun intended)

Take some stud defenders and O-line man in the top rounds and see what opens up later.

If we can't stop other teams from scoring 30pts a game or get off the field on 3rd down, no QB in the game is going to be a savior.

Ponder is leading this team to an average of 28pts a game this year.

The defense is giving up 32pts a game.

Where is the issue?

Isn't it strange that he has contacts but doesn't wear them for games? It just looked odd watching him try to get the plays from the sidelines. He can still play well without them so I suppose that's all that matters.

jameis-winston.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      i cant help you with the weed thing, but i just came back form out that way......Regal, New London Hawick area. i dont no how big the swat of rain was but there is water standing everywhere. my buddy told me they had over 3 inches of rain yesterday/last night 
    • mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.