• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Can we please cut Sullivan NOW????

MUSKY18

Guy is the worst center in the NFL, perhaps the history of football! I wouldn't even want the Vikings to trade him cause I would feel that badly for the other team. Guy can't block and when he does actually find someone to block, they manhandle him like he is an action figure. Pretty sure the way pass protection hasn't happened all season, he can't make the proper blocking calls for the rest of the line either. Don't get me wrong, the rest of the line isn't worth a pot to pee in or the window to throw it out of either. Fat Phil gets a big contract, gains about 500 pounds and is slower than a sloth in the middle of january. Wasn't Fusco a fullback at one point in his career? Charles is just plain getting old and weak. Time to bring in some better guards for ceratin. As for Kalil, I think he is the new Randy Moss of the team. Seems like one play he dominates, then takes about 3 plays off. Bottom line is these guys suck and get worked on EVERY SINGLE PLAY! If the Vikings can't get rid of these dung piles, then get a coach that will light a serious fire under their butts and make them open some holes. THey should all be playing for their jobs as it stands right now.

If we ever get a QB ho can actually make a defense pay for putting 9/11 defenders at the LOS you will see the line get better. Right now nobody respects the passing game and they are beating us by stacking the line, making sure AP stays bottled up and not worrying about getting burned deep.

To be fair in the last game they did throw deep more than I can remember in a very long time but the QB was not accurate at all and that allowed them to keep the defense close to the line. Had he connected on even 55% of his passes we would have smoked the Giants and they would have had to change their defensive game plan.

We need to start to dictate to the defense what packages they have on the field and force them to spread out to cover the field.

You'll have to clear all personelle matters with Buck.

I'm sure he is well ahead of you on this matter!

Good Luck!

Ken

It really is just a numbers game. The D is just able to put more guys on the line than we have bodies to put on them. If we can get a passing game going they'll have to drop back and you should start to see the oline give more time.

I'll agree Sullivan has looked bad a times but he's still a capable center that is probably above average across the NFL.

It really is just a numbers game. The D is just able to put more guys on the line than we have bodies to put on them. If we can get a passing game going they'll have to drop back and you should start to see the oline give more time.

I'll agree Sullivan has looked bad a times but he's still a capable center that is probably above average across the NFL.

+1

The scheme blows. I think its time for a new OC. In Sullivans defense, when is the last time we had a decent Guard? That really hurts how a Center looks too. You put Matt Birk next to these guards and he looks like dump too. I don't buy the #'s game comment because its not like they are blitzing 7-8 every play, yeah the box is stacked but there is no all out "Monster" blitz coming every play. Its a scheme issue, not a numbers issue. The NFL is a lot more about playing chess than it is about having more pieces and the Vikings look like a common man playing against big blue. The plays are way too predictable.

Also on the numbers game... If we line up in double tight with a FB and RB, that puts us with 9 up front (not including the QB). That's not a mismatch.

You'll have to clear all personelle matters with Buck.

I'm sure he is well ahead of you on this matter!

Good Luck!

Ken

LABS: I dropped it into the suggestion box outside of Buck's office. Hope he gets it!

Forget about the "scheme" or how many guys are in the box. Sullivan gets man-handled on almost every single play...physically abused in one-on-one situations.

To say that he is average or above average is a joke.

Sullivan is one of the guys that "supposed" to be a leader on this team...I don't know how its possible for him to have any credibility in leading anything after the offense watches the game film each week.

The scheme blows. I think its time for a new OC. In Sullivans defense, when is the last time we had a decent Guard? That really hurts how a Center looks too. You put Matt Birk next to these guards and he looks like dump too. I don't buy the #'s game comment because its not like they are blitzing 7-8 every play, yeah the box is stacked but there is no all out "Monster" blitz coming every play. Its a scheme issue, not a numbers issue. The NFL is a lot more about playing chess than it is about having more pieces and the Vikings look like a common man playing against big blue. The plays are way too predictable.

The scheme produced a 2000 yard rusher last year and if you watched the last game they had enough plays where they gave freeman enough time to exploit the defense. The plays were there we just didn't have a QB who could make them.

I would say that I would love to see a different OL coach. If you look at the guys GB has had to put in the lineup they are way less talented overall than the Vikings line, but their coaches have them playing at a high level and it is paying off. We have a supposedly elite LT, a very good RT, Sully has been named a top 5 center and the Guards are maybe not pro bowl types but they are role players who need to perform.

You cannot have pro bowl talent or even high draft picks at every position. At some point they just need to get the players they have to do the job they need to do. We have enough talent for that.

And replace him with who?

I'm sure Buck can play both ways if he needs to. He'll line himself up at DE on defense, at C on offense, and he'll coach during TV timeouts.

Problem solved.

Easy....replace him with Joe Berger. When Sullivan was hurt and Berger took his place, he was leaps and bounds better than Sullivan. But then you look at our coaching staff. Ahh....sullivan was a starter and we can't bench a starter. He should have stayed on the bench and got paid for pulling slivers out of his butt.

Fusco is worse then sullivan. I see Fusco and Loadholt getting abused just as much if not more then sullivan.

The scheme produced a 2000 yard rusher last year

Not quite putting me in a box there.

If you continued to put somebody in "check mate" using the same moves would they figure out a way to stop it?

You cant continue to run the same offense over and over again, especially one that transparent. Its SOOOOOO predicable its not even fun watching. In fact I'm going to turn the channel to only watch the D from now on.

The blocking scheme needs to change if we don't have a QB who can complete a pass. I was actually a little encouraged to see Freeman throwing darts, I just think he thought the guys were going to be in those spots not running a route short because of the previous QBs inadequacies. If we are going to heavily rely on AP being our entire offense again than we have to throw different looks at teams. If our entire line were All Pros and the D knew what we were trying to do 90% of the time we'd still get beat.

I think the coaching staff has given up. It seems like they have lost this team, I know if I was a player my confidence in them would be lacking. Chalk this season up as a loss, get some new blood in here. I think its more of a leadership issue than player issue(not including a good Guard, D-back, MLB). Go get Chucky!

The only scheme I saw last night was to see who could get out of their stance the slowest. That was BRUTAL!!!! I look at this line and think "how could they be that bad?" I mean come on, Loadholt showed some promise and Kalil has talents. We need a new O-line coach to build talent and some interior lineman stat. What really sucked is I watched the Broncos game prior to the Vikes, the difference between o-line play made watching the Vikes sickening. It all starts up front and we're getting blown out play in and play out. We make too many mistakes and we rely on the other team making mistakes rather than us making plays.

If you looked at the OL for Green Bay they were doing much more with less talent and that comes down to coaching. We have more talent across the line as a whole than they do yet their coaches have them playing at a higher level. Same for Denver- They lost their starting LT didn't they? Yet they coach up the next guy, plug him and and keep playing. We can't even get the same line we had last year to perform at the same level they showed they are capable of.

That's a tough call to make there Floyd, I don't know if we have more talent but I would definitely agree that the coaching is inferior. We wont win anymore games if that's the norm. We just need so much help from players/positions and coaching, is there enough out there to build for next season even?

That's a tough call to make there Floyd, I don't know if we have more talent but I would definitely agree that the coaching is inferior. We wont win anymore games if that's the norm. We just need so much help from players/positions and coaching, is there enough out there to build for next season even?
Well, even if talent is a wash if the coaches could get equal performance out of them we wouldn't be having this debate.

Could this be the answer to our Guard problems??? I bet we'd get him for a decent price.... Just saying!

g1358805623206131905.jpg