• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

Box? You come up with QBR as being the gold standard in judging a QBs notability so I thought Id clue you in on a little something:

Johnny Unitas: 78.2

Dan Fouts: 80.23

Terry Bradshaw: 70.92

Joe Namath: 65.46

Bob Greise: 77.14

Icing on the Cake: JOHN ELWAY: 79.86 (makes Batch's 77.4 not look so bad huh?)

ALL HALL OF FAMERS!!!!

Know whos not?

Daunte Culpepper: 87.78

Chad Pennington: 90.14

Jeff Garcia: 87.54

That's a box rundrave and that is why you're a nube.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

Your thinking is WAY to remedial for me, Im done.

The most remedial thing here is your use of to, too and two.

BTW, it's Moot point not mute point.

Didn't the steelers suck when they made Stewart their full time starter? And weren't good again until he got hurt, and made Tommy Maddux their starter?

Thanks grammar police, couldn't be more of a DB.

That's not very nice. You have called other people "remedial" a couple of times at least and you don't want to be called out for your remedial language skills? crazy

The most remedial thing here is your use of to, too and two.

BTW, it's Moot point not mute point.

Aside from the irony here in anyone who screams "R*&L T*DE" pointing out grammatical errors...

I'll let the first sentence slide as some folks say the use of the oxford comma is only necessary to avoid ambiguity. That said, you did not need to capitalize the "M" in "moot" there, as it is not a proper noun, nor did it start a sentence. Also, I believe it is technically unprofessional to use contractions, but I really don't care about that one (see what I did there).

laugh

(This is said tongue in cheek. apparently there are a lot of thin skins down here and in the basement lately so I just have to get this disclaimer out there)

Now just to get something on topic here... I would like to see Manziel do well in the NFL, he'd be a fun player to watch. I do think his height/release point is something to be concerned about though.

Big Dave, have you not read any of my postings?? Obviously I think its ok for me to do something its not ok for others to do. My hypocrisy knows no bounds. But for my "takes" on certain items up for discussion, I fully back them and am ready to take heat if the predictions don't happen, but be prepared for a butt load of gloating when they do.

(was that a run-on sentence?)

Thanks grammar police, couldn't be more of a DB.

Yeah you big Ol' defensive back! At least he didn't call you a MLB!!! laugh

Good Luck!

Ken

2. Panziel- The guy has ALL DAY to throw behind that O-line, and he has some really good recievers. When he is flushed he carries the ball with one arm like a donk.

334 rushing attempts and only 5 fumbles, however there are some gray areas of how they award fumbles when it comes to the QB position (botched hand offs, center-QB exchange, etc) so some of those may have nothing to do with his "donk" running style as you so eloquently put it.

Thanks for putting up the video. You made my point for me. For most of the video he is holding the ball with one hand only out away from his body. Dont think it will be a good style for the NFL. The thing with the NFL is there are a lot more guys that are just as fast as him.

I would still take him in a heartbeat over Ponder.

Does this mean you would cheer for the Queens if they drafted him Lmit?

If he doesn't fumble the ball then what does it matter?

I'm not sure I'd cheer for them but I'd sure watch with much more enjoyment.

Watching the Leslie and Ponder Show is like watching paint dry and the only entertaining thing about that is the anticipation of how they are going to embarrass the franchise and state next.

That was an interesting video to watch. Talk aboot poor tackling. Also quite a few plays where he pretty much just threw it up and the receiver made the play. Smidge of difference between college secondaries and the pro level.........Vikings being the exception.

Dance around like that in the NFL and it's only a matter of time that a Harrison Smith type hit is coming your way, and your career is either over or you're out for a long time. RG3 anyone?

Entertaining to watch, won't last a full season in the NFL.

That's the biggest thing I would worry about with Manziel is injuries. If he looks that small on a field with college players can you imagine what he will look like on a field with the pro's?

If he ends up on a team with a superior offensive line he will make the hi lights on Espn. If its an average or mediocre line he ends up behind, I see him ending up on Espn hilights as well but the hilights will be involving the opposing teams defense.

Also quite a few plays where he pretty much just threw it up and the receiver made the play.

Funny, that's pretty much how Randy Moss made his career, but that was OK I guess...

Oooooo, wow, a highlight reel!!!! Give me a break. You could watch a highlight reel from pretty much any college QB and it would make them look sweet. If that's your idea on how to justify why you think he's going to rock in the pros it's a very sad attempt.

Uncle Rico's tape was sweet too, I bet he could edit to show him throwing it over those mountains.

Yet you cling onto a reel of his bloopers and use that as your justification of why he supposedly won't be a good NFL QB.

Fraud.

Umm no, I watch his style of play and see it being successful at the college level but the speed of the NFL will most likely get him killed. Unless he can change his style he's going to be a bust. He's only good for putting butts in the seats, but that will only last so long. He has the best o-line and WR in all of college football, he should look good...for now. Take the blinders off. I'm not saying he's a terrible player. He has some good attributes that shine at this level such as speed, elusiveness, decent arm strength, leadership. I just don't see the transition. Spy him with an NFL LB and he's done, I think it's going to be that simple. You got the speed and talent dramatically better at the next level and NFL d-lines and the way a pocket collapses and the time he'll have to make the "right" decision, I don't see him being very successful. Plus add the millions he's going to make... Disaster written all over it. Id pass for sure.

And just so you know, the video you posted was filled with bloopers.

Gimmick

If only we saw more of that, but nice try Big Dave. Like I said, best o-line and best WR in college football. I saw that the line had great protection and the 6-5 WR had a step on a 5-10 CB and heaved it.

(In small font) I'll admit, I did like the way he sucked that safety in on the in route...

Best O-Line? Then why is he constantly running for his life in those highlights? No, not all of them are designed runs so just save us your hogwash..not that anyone is buying it anyway.

He has some good attributes that shine at this level such as speed, elusiveness, decent arm strength, leadership. I just don't see the transition.

After watching this Auburn game and the boat load of rushing yards I may have to retract my best o-line statement. Wow

Funny, that's pretty much how Randy Moss made his career, but that was OK I guess...

Yes it is but we're talking QB's and not receivers here. But since it was brought up, let's go there.

Dauntee Culpepper had Jake Reed, Randy Moss, and Chris Carter to toss the ball to and a stud named Robert Smith to do the running. Dauntee was looked at like some kind of super hero. When he no longer had stud receivers and a running game he was exposed for the joke of a QB he always was. Difference being he had the size to take a hit and Jonny ball is gonna get killed.