• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

While I rarely agree with Lmit, I agree with him on Manziel, But what I dont get, is why does he want the Vikings to draft him? Is Lmit coming back to a Vikings fan again?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

There's still room available on the Manziel bandwagon, but it appears to be filling up all of a sudden. whistle

All aboard!!!

There's still room available on the Manziel bandwagon, but it appears to be filling up all of a sudden. whistle

All aboard!!! [/quote

It's crazy, unfortunately the close we get to the draft the more pedle will be talking about him and everyone will want him.

Johnny johnny!

All aboard!!!

OK I'll hop on!

I wouldn't take Manziel or Bridgewater. If Manziel turns out to be a rock star then I'll be one of the first to admit I was wrong. Also, it kinda bothers me that Bridgewater can't throw as accurate without gloves and he looks fragile.

Quote:

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer emerged from Johnny Manziel's Pro Day unimpressed, calling the choreographed workout with rap music, "a sideshow."

We love Zimmer because he's never afraid to voice his opinions. (It's also why he struggled to land head-coaching jobs for so long.) "The huddles and the different things and the music. The sideshow stuff," Zimmer said. "It was a sideshow. This one was a little different in how it was choreographed. People like that or they don’t like that, I don’t know." We probably won't be sending Manziel to the Vikings in our April mock drafts.

I wouldnt read a lot into Zimmer's statements. While he loves to state his true opinion... and did so in the past as a coordinator, the handling that he is most likely recieving as a head coach by the GM's office is going to be much different. He will most likely be told to take an official stance on a player(s) in the draft to keep their negotiating options open. I bet they have a lot of interest in Manziel and do not want to create an inability to negotiate a potetial trade in the draft for fair value... if you show a lot of interest in a player, his 'value' skyrockets... ala RGIII and the Redskins. I doubt they would have even made the dinner reservations if there was not interest.

The circus of the draft created by the NFL will require more of this in the future. It has become a game how teams hold their cards now and will not take a stance on a player...

Good Luck!

Ken

Vikes would take him at 8. But he's not going to be there at 8. So trade up or forget QB in the first round. And they better not give up too much to go get him given all of our needs.

I wouldnt read a lot into Zimmer's statements. While he loves to state his true opinion... and did so in the past as a coordinator, the handling that he is most likely recieving as a head coach by the GM's office is going to be much different. He will most likely be told to take an official stance on a player(s) in the draft to keep their negotiating options open. I bet they have a lot of interest in Manziel and do not want to create an inability to negotiate a potetial trade in the draft for fair value... if you show a lot of interest in a player, his 'value' skyrockets... ala RGIII and the Redskins. I doubt they would have even made the dinner reservations if there was not interest.

The circus of the draft created by the NFL will require more of this in the future. It has become a game how teams hold their cards now and will not take a stance on a player...

Good Luck!

Ken

I agree. I don't think his "sideshow" comment was so much about Manziel as it was the way everything was set up around him. I question whether Manziel is the answer the Vikes have been looking for and think he's a make or break QB with odds against him he turns out to be the next Tebow.

Good Luck!

Ken

Code for..."We want this guy and we want him bad". I guarantee they were telling Johnny everything he wanted to hear at their private dinner after the performance.

I agree with almost all of this except the part about giving up too much. If they feel he can be the next Viking QB for the next ten years, you do whatever it takes to get the deal done.

Who cares if we fill all of our other needs...if we STILL don't have a QB it won't matter anyway.

Who cares if we fill all of our other needs...if we STILL don't have a QB it won't matter anyway.

The Ravens didn't have a QB when they won the SB in 2000 so what's your point? Oh wait, Trent Dilfer was QB. They could have won that game with Ponder calling the plays.

Yep, Dave. On team over the course of decades that was able to win the SB with a pedestrian QB. I think the term for that is "outlier."

Outlier, lightning in a bottle, etc...that's the hope that MN Sports Fan pin on their chances year after year because they think they're special and listen to people like Paul Allen who sell said hope in mass quantities.

Someday they'll figure it out....someday.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”

Hopefully for Vikings' fans Zimmer will realize that the league isn't going to change and will adjust the sails from the 'run and stop the run' failed mentality that the Vikings have clung to for much too long and get a viable QB who can compete with the rest of the division...and the rest of the league.

Enter Johnny Football.

The last two QB's to win super bowls are as follows- Russ Wilson and Joe Flacco. Neither will be "hall of fame" caliber or even close.

Defense is just as important as a QB. Ask Peyton Manning about that....(who just had one of the greatest seasons a QB could ever POSSIBLY have, but did he win the SB? NO!)

Unless Manziel is available at 8- We need defense, not another bust QB.

If Manziel is a bust, at least him and his sideshow circus will be entertaining to watch!

There is no guarantee anyone we draft on defense will be a star either. It's a gamble at any position. If we don't take a chance at the best prospects, odds are we will never get our franchise QB. A franchise QB doesn't need to be Brady, Rodgers, etc. a Romo type QB that is top 10 year after year would suffice.

There is no guarantee anyone we draft on defense will be a star either. It's a gamble at any position. If we don't take a chance at the best prospects, odds are we will never get our franchise QB. A franchise QB doesn't need to be Brady, Rodgers, etc. a Romo type QB that is top 10 year after year would suffice.

I hear you and i agree... but after watching San Fran and Seattle (the two best defenses in the NFL) play for the NFC championship and dominate every "all star" qb they played against, I want defense. (with the first pick)

I think Spielman may trade back up into the late first to grab a qb if manziel is not available at 8(which he won't be)

So their defense scored all their points all season?

Regardless, we've all witnessed your philosophy crash and burn year after year with the Vikings. For you to sit there and try to defend it is beyond absurd to say the least and it's well past the time for your ilk to take a seat in the back of the short bus. The league has passed you by...your run is over.

San Fran and Seattle both had great defenses, but they both also had great qb's. One good qb could help this team a lot more than one good defensive player.

Regardless, we've all witnessed your philosophy crash and burn year after year with the Vikings. For you to sit there and try to defend it is beyond absurd to say the least and it's well past the time for your ilk to take a seat in the back of the short bus. The league has passed you by...your run is over.

What are you talking about?

Suggesting to improve a historically bad defense really isn't a bad "philosophy".

San Fran and Seattle both had great defenses, but they both also had great qb's. One good qb could help this team a lot more than one good defensive player.

Russ Wilson and Kaepernick are "great" qb's? I don't think i would suggest that. As a matter of fact Kaepernick was pretty bad for a good portion of the season and Wilson threw a few stinkers out there himself.

Im not saying QB isn't important. Im saying don't force a QB(like we did with ponder) if Manziel is not available.

Wilson and Kapernick are good qb's that have gamer mentality!! By that I mean when things are in the spotlight or on the line these two dudes flat out find a way to win games and come up big in big games!! (oh and they both have good lines blocking and good RB's behind them) I have been a fan of Manziel but I still wonder how he will take and handle the hits...he looks to take them better then RGIII but can he be smart enough to not just throw up for grab throws like in college and moving on to the next play by getting out of bounds or throwing the pass away.

Aggressive post from a guy who thinks all its takes is a QB, How'd that work for Denver? How many years has Peyton, Brady, Brees not won a superbowl? Im glad you think its just that simple, shows how ignorant you really are. You build a team, not search for 1 player. And you dont belong on the short bus? You must live in a house with no mirrors.

Vikings are saying "Sideshow" from his pro day. They now have "concerns" regarding some of his answers during a 2nd interview. It's beginning to look like a smokescreen to me. Get ready for the Manziel Era. I for one am excited because Manziel is not Ponder or Jackson.