• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DrJuice1980

Manziel Debate

Huskie

There are only two things that will keep Manziel from having a productive NFL career, injuries and Johnny Football himself!!!!

LMITOUT

Ballin'.

full-593-37610-johnnydollars_medium.gif

DrJuice1980

Bump...

For those that say "bring him in for a workout, I'll give you my opinion then." What a workout against air? What a chicken doodie excuse. I think you've seen enough to analyze his stock. If not I'll sum it up right here and save you some time:

Average arm strength, nothing special. Quick. Shifty. Breaks containment too much, not comfortable in the pocket. Gimmicky moves. Average at best accuracy, again nothing special. Selfish. Great college player with a lot of intangibles. Won't be able to handle the aggressiveness and speed of an NFL defense.

PurpleFloyd

Mettenberger

DrJuice1980

That knee is going to drive him down the boards. He's decent, definitely not worth a first round pick. LSU QBs are system guys and pretty much always have been. I seriously hop the Vikes pass on him too.

Big Dave2

Bump...

For those that say "bring him in for a workout, I'll give you my opinion then." What a workout against air? What a chicken doodie excuse. I think you've seen enough to analyze his stock. If not I'll sum it up right here and save you some time:

Average arm strength, nothing special. Quick. Shifty. Breaks containment too much, not comfortable in the pocket. Gimmicky moves. Average at best accuracy, again nothing special. Selfish. Great college player with a lot of intangibles. Won't be able to handle the aggressiveness and speed of an NFL defense.

You got all that from that one game that you watched him play all season? Why are you not an NFL scout?

PurpleFloyd
That knee is going to drive him down the boards. He's decent, definitely not worth a first round pick.
That is OK. We have lots of holes in the roster to fill so we can wait to get him and fill another spot. Brady wasn't worth a first round pick either as well as Wilson. Apparently Tim Couch and Akili Smith were grin

Big Dave2

Mettenberger

Johnny Football's stats beat Mettenberger's in every department. Not even close and Johnny is only a sophomore.

PurpleFloyd

Don't care about stats. They don't transfer your college stats to the Pro's.I care about Leadership, pocket presence, toughness, being able to make the necessary throws and work ethic which he seems to have.

But aren't his stats 2-0 vs JF?

DrJuice1980

You got all that from that one game that you watched him play all season? Why are you not an NFL scout?

I got that from watching him play the last 2 years, maybe you don't know how to be critical of a player you got a serious bromance for. Guy has great skills for the college game, those little gimmicks won't work on the big boys. If you think he has a strong and accurate arm then let me ask you, what one game did you get that from?

Why aren't we all NFL scouts? Oh wait I know why you and your pal LMIT couldn't be, you would have to stick your neck out once in a while.

Big Dave2

Don't care about stats. They don't transfer your college stats to the Pro's.I care about Leadership, pocket presence, toughness, being able to make the necessary throws and work ethic which he seems to have.

PurpleFloyd

Stats matter whether you want to believe it or not.

Well, then take a look at these stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating

Looks like ZM is rated 3rd in the country in passing efficiency right ahead of JF. He just isn't asked to throw the ball as often as JF but when he does, he does it more efficiently.

Nothing is saying that Mett is a sure hit. College QB's are always a gamble. I just tend to like the pure pocket passers with size and strong arms over the scrambling types. I also like Carr and Fales as well as a few others. Not so much due to their stat lines but by the way I see them playing on the field.

Big Dave2

Well, then take a look at these stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating

Looks like ZM is rated 3rd in the country in passing efficiency right ahead of JF. He just isn't asked to throw the ball as often as JF but when he does, he does it more efficiently.

Since you seem to be back into stats again even though you said that stats don't matter...................You should take a look and compare JM's stats vs. Alabama and ZM's stats vs. Alabama. No Contest. I don't think that too many people could argue that Alabama has one of the best if not THE best defense in college football. If you want to tell how a QB will handle NFL defenses, how better than looking at how they perform against the very best college defenses?

DrJuice1980

That knee is going to drive him down the boards. He's decent, definitely not worth a first round pick. LSU QBs are system guys and pretty much always have been. I seriously hop the Vikes pass on him too.

I'll give myself a pat on the back and a toot toot on this prediction. Wow what a great foreseeable knee injury mind.....

-Genius DrJuice

zepman

I don't think there's any chance the Vikes take a 1st round QB this year...not unless Bridgewater falls in their lap at 4-7. I don't see that happening.

I really like Murray from Georgia in the 2nd or 3rd...kid can play ball and he's a competitor. I know he's got a knee thing...Vikings seem to like that though....

Carr and Fales are two to watch in the late 1st (if we trade back) or early second round.

Lynch, from Northern Illinois, would be an excellent 4th/5th round pick.

I still would like them to take Johnny Football with their 1st pick...I just don't see it happening.

JBMasterAngler

Taking Manziel with the 1st pick would be about the equivalent of not having a 1st round pick to begin with.

Big Dave2

Taking Manziel with the 1st pick would be about the equivalent of not having a 1st round pick to begin with.

Would you have said that about Russell Wilson?

DrJuice1980

Come on Big Dave, seriously? Not even close. Wilson sees the field, Manziel flushes out of the pocket for no reason. Wilson can hit a target when that targets at full stride, Manziel can't even put it close-most of the time. Jeez get off his nuggets man.

schmitty3

Manziel is twice the quarterback Ponder is.

greebs

Manziel is twice the quarterback Ponder is.

Just remember that zero doubled is still zero....

DrJuice1980

Who said anything about Ponder? I think there are a few handfuls of college QBs that could be plugged into this offense and perform the same, most of which you guys have mentioned as our savior.. Most of you guys are totally lost.

LMITOUT

Let him get flushed out of the pocket. Nobody puts it on a receiver in stride better than Johnny Football.

DrJuice1980

He runs out of a perfect pocket ALL the time! Then he hits a WR on a stop route or Evans' 6-5 frame reaches over a DB to pull it down. Take your blinders off LMIT.

creepworm

Oh dear lord, hitting a receiver on a stop route you say? How absolutely terrible.

CaptainMusky

Maybe the stop route is actually a go route but the receiver has to adjust to poor execution by the QB?

Big Dave to your question about Russell Wilson, I guess I would say I absolutely would have said the same thing about him. To me there was nothing compelling from his college game that would have proven to be a #1 pick BUT he didnt make mistakes or poor throws. So, in that instance, I see where you are going in that Wilson is obviously excelling and he fell to a later round, hindsight that is a bargain and a brain fart for all who passed, but I really dont see comparing Wilson and Manziel though.