• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

You claim how you watch all this football and break down film and you honestly think coverage gets better and better the longer a play goes?

It has NEVER been that way from the playground to the pros. Even less these days with all the rules favoring the offense.

Oh wait, nevermind, there are sometimes coverage sacks. That obviously means coverage gets better and better as a play breaks down. LMMFAO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

Being that there are no "designed" routes when the play drags on and the underneath coverage and one on ones merge together. I would say its harder to complete a pass, wouldn't you?

Pretty simple to understand, wasn't it?

I guess I'll have to dumb down my comments even more for Stuart Smalley to understand.

How weak are you? You can't come up with any quality takes on topics, you give one-liners as comebacks then make fun and name call.

I see your true colors LMIT.

BTW, we were discussing the fact that defense wins championships, not regular season or playoffs. The key there is championships. And I'm the one that needs it dumbed down?

Put something together for once that involves insight.

Rinse.

Repeat.

BTW, we were discussing the fact that defense wins championships, not regular season or playoffs.

That's the dumbest excuse I've heard all day, and I've been up since 5:30am.

What you have here, folks, is a person who has dug themselves a hole so deep that they cannot even see daylight anymore.

I'll take that as a surrender on your part. That's OK. The rest of us knew you had lost after your first few posts in this thread. giveup.gif

Rinse.

Repeat.

As you put it. No insight whatso ever.

Folks be careful when engaging LMIT. He will stalk you on this site, make remarks about you in the middle of other topics (called me a puke stain and left the forum), give no reason to his opinions and try to bring you down. Then make threats, when you call him out, about admin having a watchful eye out for you. I don't need to call him any names, be the judge yourself.

For someone who believes they know everything, you're sure out of touch with reality.

LOL. This, coming from the Omniscient One. Can't make this stuff up. smile

I'd make a comment about irony, but I suspect it's unnecessary.

The argument whether offense or defense wins championships is like arguing whether a boxers left hand or right hand wins fights. We have had right handed and left handed champions, but I've never seen a one armed boxer make it very far.

I would like know what I'm surrendering to you for. What was it that I haven't buried you in facts over? What has been this "great" take you've had? Haha! Was it the Stalin-esque scare tactics you tried to impose? Haha! Where's the meme that you're famous for, did I miss it or something? I haven't backed down from your banter have I? Do you really think I'm intimidated by you? Internet bully's make me laugh. Haha!

No white flag as there was nothing to surrender too. Another dip and twirl by LMIT. You're material is getting old and lame. Time to find something new.

Rinse.

Repeat.

You claim how you watch all this football and break down film and you honestly think coverage gets better and better the longer a play goes?

It has NEVER been that way from the playground to the pros. Even less these days with all the rules favoring the offense.

Interesting issue...Has anyone seen any data on either yards per play, interceptions, completion %, fumbles, sacks, first downs, etc. on plays that "break down" vs. those that don't. Maybe by comparing the outcomes of plays where the QB leaves the pocket (without the play being designed for him to do so, of course) vs. those where he doesn't?

I've never actually seen any data on this, and it probably varies by QB, of course, but with the insane amount of data that's collected concerning professional sports, it's odd to think that no one has ever looked at this.

Pretty simple to understand, wasn't it?

I guess I'll have to dumb down my comments even more for Stuart Smalley to understand.

I believe "remedial" is the word you are looking for.

The argument whether offense or defense wins championships is like arguing whether a boxers left hand or right hand wins fights. We have had right handed and left handed champions, but I've never seen a one armed boxer make it very far.

Certainly true...they're both important. But the argument is really about which one is *relatively* more important. Does the average ranking of winners' defenses rank about their offenses? I wonder if you looked at it in terms of relative percentage of total spending...do teams that win spend more--on a relative basis--on their defenses or offenses? I've no idea what the answers are, but this sounds like perfect work for an ESPN intern. smile

"Defense wins championships."

Yeah, twenty years ago.

For someone who believes they know everything, you're sure out of touch with reality.

I would like know what I'm surrendering to you for. What was it that I haven't buried you in facts over? What has been this "great" take you've had? Haha! Was it the Stalin-esque scare tactics you tried to impose? Haha! Where's the meme that you're famous for, did I miss it or something? I haven't backed down from your banter have I? Do you really think I'm intimidated by you? Internet bully's make me laugh. Haha!

No white flag as there was nothing to surrender too. Another dip and twirl by LMIT. You're material is getting old and lame. Time to find something new.

Rinse.

Repeat.

So......your take seems to be that the Vikings need to draft a MLB with their first round draft pick, LMIT's take seems to be that the Vikes need to draft a QB with their first round pick.

How about a poll?

How many members think the vikes need a MLB more and how many think it is QB they need?

I'll go first and vote QB.

Your question is wrong, I've never said need. I don't like any of these QBs coming out as a 1st overall pick as high as we're picking. So to be fair please rephrase the question, Mini-me LMIT.

I would also like to take bake my Fraud, Phony, and Fool statement. What I should have said was Boil, Cyst, Wart

Not only does Dr. Juice believe in a mythical QB that the Vikings will acquire in, oh, never, he also believes in mythical football seasons where everyone just jumps right to the Super Bowl. After all, "defense wins championships". Forget the rest of the season, I guess.

LOL.

Keep digging.

Internet bully's make me laugh. Haha!

You should probably look in one of the numerous mirrors that plaster the walls of your house. Well, except there is that one open spot for the FatHead of yourself...

If you're 9-7 in the regular and win the Super Bowl your Champions. If you're 16-0 and you lose in the Super Bowl, you're not a Champ. I can't believe I needed to explain that to you. What does the regular or post season matter if you don't win it all? You win it all with a team, not a QB. How many rings does Peyton have? How about Marino?

Keep trying Mr Skin Tag

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...l_head_12795760

Last years super bowl teams both spent more money on defensive players than offensive players. Half of the playoff teams spent more on defense than offense, but most teams balance the spending pretty well between the two, with 17 teams spending more money on defense than offense.

Interesting, Jeff. Assuming that the data is accurate, then looking at spending wouldn't give us much of an idea if it's actually true that "defense wins championships," if it's true that looking at spending is an accurate measure of relative importance. The article uses only one year to form its conclusion, which obviously isn't a big enough sample size. I wonder what the ratio has been the past 40 years or so.

The Pack have a -61:00 in time of possession since the injury. Before the injury it was +28:00. In 7 games that Rodgers was QB they only held the ball for 28 more mins than the opponent. The QB/Offense does help the Time of Possession stat but not as much as the Defense when it comes to getting the O back on.

Pretty big swing.

If my post that you replied to did not answer your question then maybe this does.

When's the last time you heard "We need to get the Defense back on the field"

Never.

This is priceless. It just goes to show your ignorance in the football world. If you can't grasp the concept of Rogers carrying the Pack and everything they do, then you have no hope...none.

Juice...I admire your passion but your grasp on reality is laughable.

Carry on....

I don't like any of these QBs coming out as a 1st overall pick as high as we're picking.

So what are your credentials? You obviously must have a pretty spectacular resume when it comes to scouting and grading football talent based on your many posts trying to downgrade every QB in this draft, completely ignoring any statistics available.

Maybe you don't think any QB is worth a first round pick this year, but you are the only one. No one, with actual credentials that makes their opinion valid, agrees with you.

If you're 9-7 in the regular and win the Super Bowl your Champions. If you're 16-0 and you lose in the Super Bowl, you're not a Champ.

And what does going 3-13 year after year make you?

Keep supporting the Vikings failed mantra of "Defense wins championships". It seems to working out well for them in a league of 4000yd+ QBs. LOL!

Really? Because we've been 3-13 for multiple years here right. I wonder how many 3-13 teams have top 5 defenses. Got a dumb comeback for that one?

This is priceless. It just goes to show your ignorance in the football world. If you can't grasp the concept of Rogers carrying the Pack and everything they do, then you have no hope...none.

Juice...I admire your passion but your grasp on reality is laughable.

Carry on....

No what's priceless is your idiocy with not being able to analyze numbers. If it was single handedly Rodgers than why isn't the TOP remotely close to being the exact opposite? The more I look at it the more I see that the Pack had no chance even with Rodgers. That D was too bad. +4mins a game with him? You're crazy if you look at those numbers and come away with that take. It's either you're crazy or LMIT has his hand up you know what controlling you like the little puppet that you are.

You guys remind me of two kids fighting over who owns the sandbox when the only prize to be found is cat t*rds. Can't wait to see who's going to be the first to call the other a "p**pyhead"? On second tought, I can wait...

Top 5 QB with a terrible team because of a terrible D:

Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

Reply???

I hope he doesn't call you p**pyhead, cause that might break the internet