• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

I used to think the same about Wilson but his accuracy is pretty dang good. He fits that ball into small windows well. I think he's nice QB, not quite elite but top 10 for sure.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

The short comments are getting old. Thats not why he wont succeed in the bigs. It will be his errant playing style. Too many "gamble" plays, it will drive a coach and OC crazy. Trust is a monster factor in the NFL and if the coach doesnt trust you'll make the right decision consistently then your playing time will drop until your no longer suiting up.

Lots of reports starting to surface about the Cowboys being in love with Manziel. That seals it for me. He is gonna suck in the NFL.

I don't see it happening with the Vikes, can you imagine some of the fans anger if Johnny is on the board and we go defense or a different QB?

At that point you really have to think about firebombing Winter Park. Seriously, why would a fan even bother with this team if they pull that (well, other than the mouth breathing Larry Spooner's out there who are too dense to know any different)?

I think it's very doubtful Johnny is there at #8. If they are, and Jerry Jones is really stupid enough to trade up for JF after just signing Romo to a huge contract, than it's time for a little payback for the Hershel Walker trade.

By the way, I hate the new timing of the draft. We should be debating who the Vikings did pick, not spending two more weeks arguing who they're going to pick.

At that point you really have to think about firebombing Winter Park. Seriously, why would a fan even bother with this team if they pull that (well, other than the mouth breathing Larry Spooner's out there who are too dense to know any different)?

Draft-ability checklist:

Talent

Fits into our program

Position in need

Distractions risk/reward

Income generation

Fans approval

1 of these does not belong.

If you think the "fans approval" is part of the selection process you live in fantasy land.

If you think the "fans approval" is part of the selection process you live in fantasy land.

Didn't say it was.

Defensive much? Or just a Larry Spooner worshiper?

I had to google Larry Spooner as I had no idea who he was. Without clicking on any links I can come to the assumption that he has too much time on his hands and a super rube.

Wasting away again in Mediocreville...

So, JM will be the leader who brings this franchise out of mediocreville?

So they're gutless if they don't draft him (if he's there) but you're not gutless when you won't answer my question?

Gruden loves JF and has him as his #1 QB this year and he's done an in-depth "research" and up close evaluation on all of them.

Carr was his #2...

I've read and seen more and more reliable sources say that Carr is placed exactly where Gruden has him on many NFL teams...I would not be suprised at all to see Carr as our #8 pick.

Should be an interesting 1st day of the draft...

I think it's very doubtful Johnny is there at #8. If they are, and Jerry Jones is really stupid enough to trade up for JF after just signing Romo to a huge contract, than it's time for a little payback for the Hershel Walker trade.

By the way, I hate the new timing of the draft. We should be debating who the Vikings did pick, not spending two more weeks arguing who they're going to pick.

Dont underestimate the stupidity of Jerry Jones. After all, he did keep Jason Garrett, and keep himself as GM.

Gruden loves JF and has him as his #1 QB this year and he's done an in-depth "research" and up close evaluation on all of them.

Carr was his #2...

I've read and seen more and more reliable sources say that Carr is placed exactly where Gruden has him on many NFL teams...I would not be suprised at all to see Carr as our #8 pick.

Who cares what Gruden thinks. I want nothing to do with either Manziel or Carr. Manziel is gonna struggle when he doesnt get the 10 second pocket like he did at A & M. Carr has happy feet and cant stand pressure in his face. Norv Turners down field routes require time to develop. That will fluster Carr, and in that case we might as well keep Ponder.

I dunno, I thought Carr did pretty well with pressure in his face, he's got some decent moves in the pocket. I like that he has some fire out there when he's playing. I was recently watching all the top QB's highlights on youtube and thought Carr was one of the best ones.

I probably wouldn't take him at 8, but if we traded down to stock pile picks or came back into the 1st or got him in the 2nd that wouldn't be bad.

Carr has 10x the arm as Blunder, atleast if he does have happy feet and gets flushed atleast he can still throw the bomb. Blunder would buy time but couldn't hit the open guy down the field so had to run for a 4 yard gain lol. Atleast the QB we do draft can get in some practice and correct some issues before he is asked to start since we have Cassel.

The one thing Carr has going against him is his brother was a bust, I wouldn't hold that against him though.

Who cares what Gruden thinks. I want nothing to do with either Manziel or Carr. Manziel is gonna struggle when he doesnt get the 10 second pocket like he did at A & M. Carr has happy feet and cant stand pressure in his face. Norv Turners down field routes require time to develop. That will fluster Carr, and in that case we might as well keep Ponder.

A lot of people care about what Gruden thinks. A lot more people care about his evaluation of a player than yours. The Vikings made a horrible mistake when they took Ponder in the first round. They need to get a QB or they might as well trade AP for draft picks.

A lot of people care about what Gruden thinks. A lot more people care about his evaluation of a player than yours. The Vikings made a horrible mistake when they took Ponder in the first round. They need to get a QB or they might as well trade AP for draft picks.

They should trade Peterson regardless, just like I said they should have dumped Allen when he had some value. We will never win it all with Peterson on this team. RBs simply dont matter. Not taking anything away from Peterson, but you dont give a RB tons of money when you have no QB.

Carr was his #2...

Gruden has a list? I thought everybody was his favorite. You need to watch Gruden Camp with a grain of salt because nobody looks bad. I watched the Bridgewater one and he was missing throws left and right and Gruden only gave positive remarks. It's a TV show, you're not getting honesty. You're watching what sells the best. I like Gruden but it is what it is. Manziel, Carr, Bortles are 1st rd picks there are no more true 1st rounders and I'm stretching on the "true" there.

Gruden was being interviewed on another show when he said this.

He said, in his opinion, JF was talented enough to go #1 overall.

Not QB's...not this year anyway.

His opinion is that Houston would have a very tough time deciding between JF and Clowney.

Gruden has no agenda other than evaluating talent...I find it hard to be "gullibile" when he expresses his opinion openly on a nationally televised show....again, it was not the Gruden QB Football Camp either.

Dude, he plays a character. It doesnt matter what show he is on. He "loves" all the QBs he brings in. His show makes Garrapolo look like a top 5 pick. Seriously zepman do you think the WWF is real too? Think McFly, think.

Just watch some Monday Night Football, every player is the greatest player to ever play the game. Every guy out there is the toughest, smartest, fastest, grinder to ever put on cleats lol.

Just watch some Monday Night Football, every player is the greatest player to ever play the game. Every guy out there is the toughest, smartest, fastest, grinder to ever put on cleats lol.

Yeah, I have biotched about it before.

THIS GUY!! is his favorite thing to say. He makes me want to puke. Second coming of Madden.

Juice...You show either your age or intelligence (maybe both) with each and every post you make...I clearly stated that Gruden was NOT in "character" when he was being interviewed. Yet, I see you bring his "QB Show" in to the mix when said "show" was never brought up....you're making things up to suit your own perspective.

That shovel must be getting heavy and the hole still deep...

Dude...please read your own posts...and read others more completely if you intend to have a true disagreement. You clearly aren't capable of a mutual conversation on a "fishing" site...

Shovel away....

• 2 weeks later...

Won't matter because the gutless Vikings will never draft him anyway.

Nailed. It.

I think you nailed it better here:

At that point you really have to think about firebombing Winter Park. Seriously, why would a fan even bother with this team if they pull that?