• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild 2013-14 season

yakfisher

Other than the poor coverage on that first goal by the Flames that was about as good of a game you could ask for. As for Fontaine's goal, I thought it was awesome how he worked to the open area before pulling the trigger; and Mitchell's setup for Konopka was a big time play but overlooked. Confidence is building and that is the key IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• CaptainMusky

Anyone else like Heatly on that 4th line, he's working harder and he makes that line just a touch dangerous. Who didn't love that Konopka snipe last night? grin

Agree on Heatley 100%...he just looks more comfortable down there, maybe realizes he needs to carry that line so stepping up his play....and it does not hurt they are usually out there against other teams 3rd or 4th line so opposing skill level not as high either.

Anyone else like Heatly on that 4th line, he's working harder and he makes that line just a touch dangerous. Who didn't love that Konopka snipe last night? grin
Preposterous Statement Award of the year nominee?

Only joking, but I agree. His best two games this season have been the last two.

Whether it motivates him to work harder to move back up the lineup or he just is flat out better than other "4th liners" I really dont care. He is looking better and that line actually seems to work well.

Heatley was actually back checking on a few occasions.

Fun game, which is nice since I actually got time to sit and watch the whole thing live for once.

Nice to see the first line break 5 on 5 out finally. A threat all night, and putting it in the net. The second Parise goal - holy moly what a beauty. Scored Suter-Koivu-Parise, but Coyle started the whole thing by getting a turnover in the neutral zone. That line was ok with other guys on the RW, but they're a different animal with Coyle there.

Gotta disagree on Fontaine's goal being a fluke though. It was actually a pretty nice play by Cooke to bulldoze through the top of the crease and screen the goalie with his own D-man, and Fontaine was pretty patient getting to a spot where he had something to shoot at.

Kenopka's goal was priceless. He's a sniper. wink

Heately seems to have gotten the message. Actually looks good and if even the 4th line is kind of a threat to score... You have a very good top 6, a checking line that is good defensively and can chip in offensively, and a fourth line that isn't a liability... That's a pretty good recipe.

Gonna miss Thursday because my daughter has a HS game, but will be interesting to see how they do against the Caps and Ovie.

Kenopka's goal was priceless. He's a sniper. wink

I said the same thing to my buddy during the game. He needs to shoot more! :-) The look on his face was awesome. Well deserved.

The angle I saw the Fontaine goal from must have been ptetty bad. It looked like he shot into a group and got lucky. If he was patient enough to skate into the slot and wait for an opening, that's awesome!

Yeah, there was definitely a cluster of guys in front, but Fontaine skated toward the slot and then fired. It didnt appear to even deflect as it went on net so he must have found some space there.

It surprises me he was undrafted. Nice hockey player.

Really pleased with how Fletch has brought in talent mixing youth with experience.

I have to say that at this point Yeo has done a pretty decent job. The guy is younger than me so he definitely needs some seasoning, but he is getting a kudos from me right now.

Moving Heatley to 4th line could be huge. Not fun for Heatley I am sure as it is a bump to the ego, but hey, he is playing much better.

What an awesome game last night. Was really close through 2 1/3 periods, then we blew the doors off. I thought someone was gonna come out and challenge Fontaine, but no one did and he snuck it through when he had a tad of daylight. Very nice goal. Fontaine has been contributing everywhere they put him.

Konopka's was even more satisfying to see. Loved his comment about how he's gonna score in bunches now. And Heater even seemed to wake up for a play or two during the game. Coyle may only be 80-90% back physically, but his presence on the line sure woke up Koivu. I hope the first line can keep some of that going. It may take the pressure off the surging second line.

I have to temper my expectations though, it was only the Flames. They are a disaster defensively.

From all accounts, Healtey has been taking the whole situation with a "team first" attitude. He knows he's not performing. He understands why he's on the 4th line. He goes out and plays it without complaining about it. I guess the lone bright spot of his year so far has been the fact that he's not turning it into a circus of "you can't put me on that line!"

Heatley has has 2 decent games on that 4th line and hopefully he's improving.

So what do they do when Rupp is ready to come back? Mitchell is playing well and that 4th line is clicking, Fontain is playing like a top 6 forward so that would leave Heatley. Would you rather have Heatley or Rupp on that 4th line?

Should be an interesting game tonight, Ovi found his game last season and not much has changed since then. Looks pretty dangers out with 12 goals in 13 games.

Would you rather have Heatley or Rupp on that 4th line?

Depends. The Danny Heatley leaning on a tennis ball walker or the Danny Heatley without? Assuming we can only the have the D.H. Walker version, I would still roll with him for a couple of games and see what happens.

Geez, I thought he was 35 or 36 based on his skating out there. Looked it up and he's only 32.

full-5554-38772-heatley.jpg

solbes

That is fun..THANKS!

grin

Seeing the high 20s in shots is fun....huge change from past years.

Defending home ice an WINNING is fun also.

Finding the net an having fun is like the flu...it spreads easy.

Lets see where it ends up.

These points earned up front will be huge last 24 game run.

That is mostly what teams coach in the NHL nowadayz.

Young guys growing fast so could be fun come March.

Stand behind them win or lose.

cool

Nothing good comes easy.

Greenlay still SUCKS!

crazy

Keep on rocken!

Tommy

GO LEAFS!

Well Suter and Parise are 28 & 29 and they are on some looooooong contracts so hopefully they don't decline near as fast.

Well Suter and Parise are 28 & 29 and they are on some looooooong contracts so hopefully they don't decline near as fast.

I remember Heatley was in a car accident some time ago where a teammate was killed, I wonder if his injuries are now causing him issues. As far as Suter & Parise, they are not spring chickens by any means, add in Koivu and a couple others and the time is now....or wait for these young kids to mature.

Russo tweeted that 10-4-4 and 24 pts is the best start in Wild history.

And they are tied for last place in the Playoff standings today.....go figure. 8th spot in the East has only 17 points. There are 4 teams with 24 points in the West so picking up a couple more wins in these next few games could propel us up to as high as even second place.

Good win last night as poorly as they played IMO....they just did not seem to have the intensity for whatever reason but a win is a win!

Wild would be WILD card if playoffs were to start now...long way to go.

Remember the whole playoff alinment has chaged from top to bottom with new divisions.

Old 1 thru 8 come one come all or everyone gets in deal is long gone now.

ALL teams losing games not getting points will weight heavy on them in end.

1 point games very improtant....silver vs gold.

These up front points will help a ton when all teams run a muck mid season or need boost in the butt last quarter.

Looken ahead now is fun but layout is very diffrent in who gets in an why... an also who plays who.

Simular maybe a bit but ...........wwell just remember to keep this in mind when thinking playoffs.

GO LEAFS!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC

Russo tweeted that 10-4-4 and 24 pts is the best start in Wild history.

Mike Yeo.... Coach of the Year favorite!!!!

Go Wild!

Not BB, he's been saying coach of the year since game 5!

Oh ya, I am thinking a "lifetime extension" is in order now ....but let's make the playoffs first wink

West is very tough this year, long way to go and we'll see how it all shakes out. I have to admit the melding of the Vets and quality youngsters has been impressive and Yeo has to get some credit...the depth of this team at every position except Goalie is awesome IMO...so Fletch gets even more credit.

Not sure how he would get coach of the year already, there are 6 teams with better records in the west alone. Plus, look what Colorado is doing this year.

It would be hard for Roy to not get the COY at this point, but I do think Yeo is doing a great job. We will see how the rest of the season plays out. The West is super tough. The Wild would be in 2nd place overall with a bullet in the Eastern Conference.

The Av's should be better this year, that had a ton of injuries last year and now have some nice draft picks that are playing well also.

Classic hockey interview by Granlund in the 2nd intermission. "We got to get da pucks to de net and ah that's how we win the game." Lol