• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

GOPHER FOOTBALL BABY!!!

JBMasterAngler

Well, Coach Kill did get his 2nd ever road Big 10 win this week although he was not even there! In only his 3rd season!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• CaptainMusky

• JBMasterAngler

• zepman

It was a really, really good win...enjoy it for what it is.

Why all the hate after one of the best wins in years...??

You can call them whatever you would like. Fact still is they play a lot lower competition than the Gophers, and a Big ten team should be able to handle them all day long, not get completely dominated and embarrassed by them. But I guess I understand you are completely happy playing in the Mineke Car Care Bowl every year. Should be about the same equvellancy of Alabama winning the title again.
does Michigan or Kansas state have reputable programs?

Why all the hate after one of the best wins in years...??

Because beating Northwestern was one of the best wins in years.

You can call them whatever you would like. Fact still is they play a lot lower competition than the Gophers, and a Big ten team should be able to handle them all day long, not get completely dominated and embarrassed by them.

Ha, another FCS hater! Look at how many FCS schools have beaten FBS schools this year?

Really??? Are you claiming the FCS is better than the BCS???? Please tell me you're not. FCS schools can clearly beat some low end BCS schools but come on you can't be serious.

Really??? Are you claiming the FCS is better than the BCS???? Please tell me you're not. FCS schools can clearly beat some low end BCS schools but come on you can't be serious.

I never claimed they were better. I strictly pointed out that several FSC schools have beaten FBS schools this year that's a fact. And some of the FBS schools were even ranked in the top 25 at the time of defeat.

There is no level of comparison to FCS and FBS obviously FBS is far superior. But I will say that the the FCS Missouri Valley conference is a tough conference. It is obviously no where near the big ten. But you can be a really good team in the valley league and still have a .500 record. You have to be at an elite level (like NDSU) to be able to make it out alive.

Look at the numbers that SDSU put up against Nebraska's black shirts this year, and then look at the numbers they put up against NDSU one week later?

Its odd that alot of these FBS schools are backing out of games now against these FCS teams. What does that say?

Its odd that alot of these FBS schools are backing out of games now against these FCS teams. What does that say?

I'm thinking for the FBS schools it's a lose lose situation. They win, and it's "Big deal, they beat NDSU... good for them," which does nothing for them in the FBS.

These games are win wins for the FCS schools though. Big money comin in, and in the rare instance they beat an FBS school, it's huge for them and they brag about it for 3 years. They lose the game and "meh, we were supposed to lose. At least we got our big money from the game!"

Great win for the kids and the program, was a great game to watch we get down right from the start and I am thinking here we go again but not this time. Great game plan by this coahing staff.

Awesome win! Hats off to the coaches and players. Great play calling today and the o-line looked good.

Could we possibly get a positive story from Souhan or Reusse this week.

Meaningless win.

This program is a laughing stock.

It is so cute how MN fans get excited about winning a Big 10 game.

Stay in the top 25, win a Big 10 title or 3 and win a couple Rose Bowls and get back to me.

This program is terrible, no other way to put it.

Gophers will not win a game the rest of the season.

Oops! Wrong again!

At least RRR is consistant.............. Consistantly wrong.

At least RRR is consistant.............. Consistantly wrong.

I have been right about these meaningless wins.

You and others being so excited about the last two wins is proof how terrible this program is.

How many Big 10 wins do the gophers have in the last 25 years?

Not enough to matter is the answer.

Win a BCS title and get back to me.

Celebrate these meaningless wins and this terrible program.

Just know that it will be decades before The Gophers will be contenders for anything meaningful.

I have been right about these meaningless wins.

You mean those wins that were not going to happen? laughlaugh

The only thing here that is meaningless would be your posts.

Canon guy just ignore him and let him go back to tearing wings off flies or whatever he likes to do when he is'nt trying to stir the pot about something on one of the forums.

Excellent win and exciting game. Gophers taking some really nice steps this year...a win next week at Indiana would be really nice!!

Excellent win and exciting game. Gophers taking some really nice steps this year...a win next week at Indiana would be really nice!!

Indiana was one game I thought would be a pretty sure thing but after the trouble they gave michigan last week it could be interesting

They won 2 Big Ten teams in a row, one being ranked. I would call that on the right track. Will they win another game this year? Dont know, I didnt expect them to win these last two.