• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

GOPHER FOOTBALL BABY!!!

JBMasterAngler

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• CaptainMusky

• JBMasterAngler

• zepman

That Wisconsin fake FG/4th down attempt may be one of the worst plays I've ever seen.

Yeah, I'm not sure what that was supposed to be.

Like they were really going to punt from the 30-35 yardline.

Defense actually played pretty good. But wow, did the offense get shut down! Is our other QB hurt? Probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to throw him in there in the 2nd half to try and get things going. In the end though, turnovers did us in frown Probably eliminates us from a new years day bowl game.

Nelson had a few good looking deep throws but our wr's just couldn't make a play. Looks like Nelson is starting to gain some confidence in his ability to throw the ball down field at least. He needs to play a little better but the coaches need to recruit some talent at WR for god's sake. Might be the worst overall position for the team right now.

At least we have a legitimate defense for once! its so refreshing to watch after some of the PUTRID defense we've all seen from this team over the years

I thought the defense played very well, in spite of a few glaring missed tackles, although the Badger play calling helped them out a time or two. Our QB play by Nelson was below average and needs to improve, thought they might give Leidner a series or two in the 2nd half. I agree, they need to recruit heavy at wide receiver. But, they lost Barker and McDonald, both of whom when the season stated a year ago were projected to be pretty good. Kill and his squad have made major strides and it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back against the MSU.

Nelson had a few good looking deep throws but our wr's just couldn't make a play. Looks like Nelson is starting to gain some confidence in his ability to throw the ball down field at least. He needs to play a little better but the coaches need to recruit some talent at WR for god's sake. Might be the worst overall position for the team right now.

At least we have a legitimate defense for once! its so refreshing to watch after some of the PUTRID defense we've all seen from this team over the years

Yeah I also thought those were some decent looking balls he threw. The WRs and TE (not plural) need to do a better job with their hands but the their defense, and I hate to use this excuse, the refs just hosed us yesterday. That one CB had his hands all over the place.

2nd game in a row that gophers play great defense only to have the offense look terrible. However, I think I did hear the commentator say we rushed for more yards against michigan state than anyone else this season. It's not looking good for a new years day bowl game frown

Gophers are projected to play Texas Tech in the texas bowl! Anyone making their travel plans?

It's official! Texas Bowl! Gophers vs. Syracuse! Pretty good matchup. I'd be more excited about it if we hadn't played them twice in the past few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Typical Goofer performance. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised. This is as good of a year as it gets for the Minnesota Goofers, hope you all enjoyed it while it lasted.

You are LMT or should I say he is you?

9 regular season wins with 1 in the bowl. That's my prediction.

They don't have a ton of seniors. Their youth has gained a lot of experience the last two years. Just need to get over the hump with let down games. That is cured with experience.

Well I sure hope this trip to Texas helps them find a QB that can hit their receivers! Oh my goodness! If it wasn't 10 yards over their heads, it was 5 yards behind them!

Nelson looked worse then I've ever seen him pay... don't know if that was nerves or what, but my god, talk about regressing. He better put some work in this off season... And kill better find some decent receiving options behind Max Williams. The WR position on this team is division 2 caliber right now

Yep...Nelson really needs to be better than he has been.

His accuracy is getting worse as he ages...I don't know if accuracy is something you can ultimately fix.

Who does he have to throw to? They really need some junior college wide receivers next year or it's more of the same.

The local receiver recruits didn't pan out. Tufts quit for track and I think the other kid from Hopkins left school.

TCU, Michigan, OSU losses. The rest wins.

What's your bold prediction hindsight guy?

So, they will beat Wisconsin and Nebraska? D'ok!

My bold prediction is that the Gophers WILL NOT win 10 games next season. Not a chance.

Way to step out there big Dave. If they win 9 or 11 either way you are right.

They beat Nebraska this year I don't see them becoming superstars in a year. Wisconsin will be tough always is especially at camp Randall but I had to pick one upset.

Way to step out there big Dave. If they win 9 or 11 either way you are right.

That's the beauty of NOT making unrealistic predictions on an internet forum. wink